1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I've got a little squiggle under my eye from my first investigation into bullwhip usage at 7 after watching too much Indiana Jones.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
In the bedroom, nothing. Just beautiful, tall, mushroom-colored walls. In the den, we've got a huge 14 foot square of various paintings of mine all fit together in a big mosaic. It's pretty striking, and definitely helps with the stoarge problem.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
The dark blue flip phone from T-Mobile-To-Go.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
More bands than a genre-- Weezer, Deathcab, Cure, RHCP, Semisonic, Ben Folds, etc.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
6. DO YOU GO TO CHURCH?
7. HAVE YOU EVER DONE DRUGS?
Never, unless you count my wisdom tooth surgery in 1996, which included Valium, laughing gas and Percoset. Best week of my life!
8. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
I did when I was younger, thanks to a "locking in the toy chest" episode. I'm getting better...
9. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Depends on what kind of dark. Some dark is friendly, some is rather hostile.
10. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Tadpole, I suppose. I knew as I was crying that it was purely hormonal and irrational, so it was mainly catharsis.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
I have a full repertoire from Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs (www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com)
, my favorite online e-tailer. My favs are Hell's Belle, Shango, Peony Moon, Underpants Monster, Bordello, Kitsune-Tsuki and Lady MacBeth. If you love unique perfume oils from a nature-friendly woman-run business, please give them a try!
12. HAVE YOU EVER LIKED SOMEONE AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW?
All the time!
13. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
1 cup of instant Vietnamese coffee per day. No matter what!
14. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON THAT MADE YOU MAD?
Depends on what you mean by mad... I was annoyed by other drivers on the street today, but my last true anger was with one of my art students last week. I just can't stand blatant disrespect in a child who should know better.
15. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
French and a little bit of Italian.
16. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY, WHO IS IT?
Mostly my husband. Pregnancy hormones definitely work in his favor!
17. DO YOU LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE?
I adore it! We live in a public forested park in my home town. It's a dream.
18. ARE YOU A PIMP?
Wow, I was not expecting that one! I'm thinking.... no.
19. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
It has happened to me, and I think about him every day... 12 years later.
20. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
I love telling people such things-- I just don't think most us of tell our loved ones often enough how wonderful they are. A card, a random gift, a note, or just making eye contact and smiling sincerely while telling them how you feel.
21. WHAT IS THE ONE PHONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Husband's cell and mom's work.
22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Mexico.
23. DO YOU DRIVE?
Daily. But I don't really like it one bit.
24. FIRST JOB?
Believe it or not, at the same place where I work now. I started assisting instructors when I was 13, worked here from 14 to 21 and then came back at 27.
25. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Because I like talking and writing and have been bored out of my mind for the past 4 days while husband was cracked out on his new Xbox 360.
26. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Lately, looking good pregnant! Before that, hair.
27. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Shrug and be glad that my mom couldn't drink anymore. And go out more often after 9pm.
28. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
29. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
One name for each grandmother. And they both hated their names.
30. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
About 2 months ago. I think i've cried twice since i've been pregnant, which is about normal for me.
31. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I love my handwriting! Don't get to use it much anymore, though.
32. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
My sweet fat cat, Puddin'.
33. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Depends on the vibe I get from them.
34. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
More with DH than other folks... but a lot at the movies.
35. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yup. When you date the lead singer of a hardcore band, you spend a lot of time pressed against garage doors holding the videocamera and pushing sweaty vegans off you with your other hand.
36. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
If it makes 'em happy.
37. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The whirring of the fan behind me and the sad silence of the place where our 50-year old sweet gum tree outside my window was cut down this morning due to rot issues. The birds are pretty quiet without it. So sad.
38. FAVORITE SONG:
Right now, it's song 2 on the Mars side of RHCP's Stadium Arcadium.
39. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
Horses-- doing hunter paces and galloping through the woods.
40. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I'm too married to ask anyone out. But before that, no. I was a "friends first" kinda girl, though, so I wasn't walking up to people in bars or anything.
41. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
My sweet darling husband.