Too Much of Old Baby Stuff! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok-
so is it just me, or is anyone else totally lacking on items for this baby? I have so many girl things from last time.....and so many things she probably never even got to wear....and at this rate, this poor boy is going to have to wear lots of pink....and girlie clothes!
Would anybody be interested in swapping stuff?
I can get together alot of girl stuff for someone who needs it, and who can trade me boy stuff!!!! Let me know if anybody is interested, and I'd be happy to organize something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 AM

Well, IF this one's a girl I'd trade some stuff, but since I don't know yet, I'd have to wait (hopefully I won't have to wait too long, but you never know). I have FAR too much boy stuff, especially 3-6 and 6-12 months stuff. But luckily I also have some girl stuff ready to go from when I was a nanny; who cares if it's 8 years outdated!
I've definitely got LOTS of blue boy stuff. But a lot of it is gender neutral, and I also never bought lots of "sports" stuff or construction vehicles, etc. So it's pretty cute stuff even for a boy.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 5 Old 07-05-2006, 12:13 PM

The swap is a great idea. I'm doing this with a friend irl. She had a 4yo ds and had a girl in Feb. I have a 4yo dd and I'm having a boy so we are swapping almost everything. I hope you find somebody because it is really helpful.
#4 of 5 Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 PM

Hehe, I read the title of this thread a different way... I have way too much OLD baby stuff from the 70s & 80s! My mom kept baby clothes from my bro & me (70s & early 80s) & then passed on to aunts all over the country, who saved them & have passed them on to me.

It's a beautiful tradition & I LOVE having things for my baby that I wore & cousins wore & some of it's really cool & funky.... BUT there is an aweful lots of ugly crap in there too!
#5 of 5 Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 PM

Jen I read the title the same way You should have seen some of the stuff mil got for dd, scary. She has a carseat that I think was old when ds was a baby (he's 8) she also came up with old old wooden playpens from the trash and a stroller that dh says has to be 10 years old. Let me tell you it spent most of its 10years outside uke It actually had mold on it

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page