Fears? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm concerned about another hemorrage or hospital transfer. I am concerned about recovering. My recovery was so easy the first time that I feel like I am in for a shock.,

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 02:08 AM

I am not so much afraid of having a VBAC as I am the distance I am to the hospital. It is a HARD 1 hour drive to the only hospital that will take me. All my docs are SUPER VBAC supportive, but I feel the same as pp's. I don't want to go too early bc I don't want to get messed with, but I certainly do not want to have this baby on the side of a cliff, either. The view might be spectacular, but that is NOT the way I'd like to do it. LOL

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
#33 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 in August
Try www.bellywomen.net it is a website for free/low cost doulas.
Thank you so much for posting this website. It didn't end up helping me bc there is NO ONE in my state (grrrr), but I have friends who will love this information.

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
#34 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 AM

I'm scared that the baby will be late and i'll be hot and bored and miserable and grumpy and say hateful things to loved ones.
I'm scared that my husband and mother won't do what I want during labor/delivery, whether not being close enough or being too close.
I'm scared that i'll lose the baby before birth or she'll be stillborn.
I'm scared that in-laws and annoying people will descend as soon as we're home, and I just want to curl up in a nest with DH and be alone with baby.
I'm scared i'll have trouble breastfeeding.

But labor-- I feel pretty good about that, for some strange reason. :
#35 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM

I am worried about the timing of my trip to the hospital too. I am a good 45 min away and that is without dropping ds off at the il's. (I figure, if we're really in a rush, someone can meet me at the hospital and pick him up there.)
My biggest fear is kind of odd actually. I am afraid that I am going to throw-up throughout my entire labor. I don't know why I am afraid of that but I am nonetheless.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#36 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajenkatt
Thank you so much for posting this website. It didn't end up helping me bc there is NO ONE in my state (grrrr), but I have friends who will love this information.
You're welcome.
#37 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
I'm scared that i'll lose the baby before birth or she'll be stillborn.
I'm scared that in-laws and annoying people will descend as soon as we're home, and I just want to curl up in a nest with DH and be alone with baby.
I'm scared i'll have trouble breastfeeding.
I worry about those too.
#38 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Since my last birth ended up as a hospital transfer from a birth center, I'm feeling alot of self-imposed pressure to make sure I can have this baby out of the hospital (at home this time). I couldn't bear to have to go through a transfer again. My midwives keep telling me that I don't need to worry about it, but I can't help it. I keep imagining having to call my family and say "well, yep, I ended up in the hospital again because I just couldn't get through it"
#39 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 08:42 PM

I'm scared I'm going to go to the hospital too early and end up with a lot of interventions.

I'm scared I'll ask for an epidural, or get stuck with pitocin again (which would mean another epidural...there is no way I'm doing that without, it was horrible)

Mostly...I'm scared of how DH and I will labor "together". I don't know what I'm going to need from him. He's always been my rock, he's great about being there when I need him without being too intrusive...but this is so different. And he's a great advocate for me, and knows a lot of people at this hospital...but again, it's different. I *really* don't want a doula. : I want this birth to be this special thing between DH and I, I don't want some extra person there the whole time. But I'm afraid I'm going to seriously regret that decision.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#40 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
Mostly...I'm scared of how DH and I will labor "together". I don't know what I'm going to need from him. He's always been my rock, he's great about being there when I need him without being too intrusive...but this is so different.

Me too! We've been through a lot and always have worked well together in tense situations...but this is so brand new, I'm worried that I may be disappointed in what he can actually do for me. Like massage...he's been working on it, but he's honestly not the world's best masseuse (picture a limp handshake instead of a firm grip...KWIM?), and I'm worried I'll get frustrated and not be able to communicate effectively in the throes of labor. I'll get angry, he'll be hurt, etc...

Other fears...my mom coming to visit after the birth is already stressing me out. She just tends to be on the lecture-y side, and nothing annoys me more!

Ahhh...deep breathing...that's what I keep telling myself...
#41 of 42 Old 07-12-2006, 10:29 PM

I was scared that our OB wouldn't be supportive of our natural birth plans, but everything seems to have worked out great so far.

As far as fears - stillbirth has to be at the top of list, next birth defects, and then a c-section. But the thing is, I can't control any of these really, so I choose not to dwell on them and focus on the things I can - my nutrition, hiring a doula, sharing my thoughts with my DH, trusting in God to help me handle whatever does come.
#42 of 42 Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM

oh, i've been kept awake with fear these last few nights, fear, and pelvic pain. this is my first homebirth, as my previous pregnancies ended up with a premature delivery at 33 1/2 weeks, and a high risk pregnancy due to meningitis, so i'm not used to birthing without fear. i'm 35 weeks now, so i'm in the clear for a homebirth, but i still worry about needing a transfer and the hospital being unsympathetic to my needs (i had great hospital births with my other two, because i had a birth plan and was birthing in a really great, low-intervention, pro-mama/baby hospital) but i don't even know where i'd go if i needed a transfer. i'm also afraid of the pain, even though i've done it before, i'm nervous about making a mess of my house and embarrassing myself in front of my midwives, who are also friends. oh, all these issues!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page