The good, the bad, the naked...off topic... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, this has NOTHING to do with pregnancy, but it's still funny, so I'll share and everyone can have a little chuckle.
I go to a Fine Arts college, and foundation year (freshman year, almost 4 years ago) you have to take classes in all these different aspects of Fine Art to begin a well-rounded education. Well, one of these classes is a nude drawing class. Yes, we really drew live naked people, which was akward at times, but beautiful.
Well, our final assignment was actually a life sized nude self portrait (a real lesson in humility none the less), which wasn't really embarrassing to share with the class, because by that time we all had learned to view the body as art.
Well, in order to draw yourself naked you first have to have someone take pictures of you naked, so I had my best girl friend (who is like my sister) do a little photo shoot, in which I tried to look beautiful and tasteful like a Botticelli painting and she tried not to crack up laughing. So, I got the film developed, picked out the one that embarrassed me the least, and threw the rest in a box full of random stuff and forgot about them.
As, most of you already know, right now I am working for the summer in New York City, while my fiance works and gets our new house ready back in Ohio. Our stuff was all moved into my parents basement for safe keeping while we are in-between houses.
I called my fiance tonight for the usual "Good night, I love you"'s and before saying goodbye he paused for a moment and proceeded to tell me about a rather interesting gift my mother had given him this evening after dinner with them- the naked pictures. Well, my mom happened to be "looking for something" (aka snooping) in my stuff a few days ago and discovered the pictures, and she thought that they were beautiful and knew that he missed me and so she decided to give them to him in case he needed help remembering what I looked like skinny!
My mom has always been forward and a little ditzy (you gotta love her) but this one takes the cake. I mean, how many mothers hand thier future son-in-laws masterbating material after a nice family dinner??
If I didn't laugh, I'd cry...
#2 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 12:21 AM

too funny!

That was a cute story to share!
#3 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 AM

Oh gosh that's a great story! What was your husband's reaction I wonder?!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#4 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 AM

Oh my! That is toooo funny! I can only imagine how embarrassed he must have been. What a funny story though. I bet he'll never forget that dinner.
#5 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Family dinner: $51
Price to develop set of nude photos: $17
Fiance's face when future mother-in-law hands over said nudey pics after dinner: priceless.
#6 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM

Hee hee... that's fabulous!

My folks gave us our baby gift early yesterday-- a really nice new Hitachi DVD recorder. So... um... I guess my husband got a gift that can perform the same duty. Recordable DVDs? THANKS, MOM AND POP!
#7 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 12:00 PM

Your mom sounds like mine!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#8 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 PM

what a great story.... My mom would do the same thing

tara
#9 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Family dinner: $51
Price to develop set of nude photos: $17
Fiance's face when future mother-in-law hands over said nudey pics after dinner: priceless.

: : :
#10 of 10 Old 07-12-2006, 02:11 AM

That is totally hilarious!! At least it sounds like your fiance was a good sport about it. And like everyone said, it was a dinner he'll never forget!!

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page