Mothering Forum banner

Anyone can't imagine it's going to be soon?

664 views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Glittergal 
#1 ·
I was reading the other thread about people feeling like the baby's right on it's way. I'm 34 weeks, and I can't imagine having this baby in as soon as 3 weeks from now. I thought I was supposed to be feeling like a beached whale at this point, but I feel, well, normal. A little lazy and unfocused, have a harder time getting up, am definitely big, but... well, I don't feel imminent at all.

Anybody else in this club? I'm not complaining, but it messes with my head. I still have a ton of baby gear I need to acquire and assorted tasks and errands to get done, and I just don't feel the urgency I should!!

#2 ·
I'm right there with you!! I am a little over 34 weeks, and I always go over 40. I feel big, but not *too* big. I also feel no real urgency to get baby things done.. I just was looking through baby clothes, and this baby boy only has a small stack of clothes.. and we're broke, so I am just hoping I get some hand me downs within the next month or so.. but I'm not too worried about it.

#3 ·
I feel no impending doom. I think she may be early but if anything I feel up against the clock. I am not in a hurry for this pregnancy to be over. It has gone so well, I really have no complaints and aside from heartburn am not that uncomfortable...although being REALLY short the steering wheel is starting to get in the way! I have 1/2 inch to go till I am on it!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amybw
I am so much more uncomfortable than i was with #1, but i am in no rush to have it over with!

A babe in the belly is easier than a babe in arms.

Oh, yeah. This is something I didn't fully appreciate with DS. At least a belly-baby is quiet when it wakes up every two hours.

I'm in the "can't imagine anytime soon" club. I figure to go well over 40 weeks, and am just now at 33 weeks anyway. I've enrolled in a summer pottery class at the university, and am generally having a good ol' relaxing time.

#6 ·
Me too! I don't think I'm even close, I'm 33w 5d and I'm betting I'll go at least to 37-38. I just don't feel like it is imminent. Baby is very high, very few BH contrax, no prodromal labor or anything. I just have my big old belly getting in the way of everything, and I'm uncomfortable and tired but not horribly so.

Also, nothing is ready for this child...so maybe that has something to do with it. I figure if he came tomorrow, we've got some diapers, a couple of pieces of clothing, and his co sleeper thing...we'll be fine until someone goes shopping for me.

DD was two weeks late...so we'll see how long I go this time
:

#8 ·
I'm at 35 weeks and feel the same way. We still need to go get baby supplies - besides furniture shopping and about a billion clothes from our shower we haven't bought anything - and yes, this is our first baby so we have nothing. I haven't started packing my hospital bag, though I did make a list.

I think we're going baby shopping this weekend and I'll probably start the packing process. Just doesn't seem like I really need to do it yet for some reason.

#10 ·
35w5d here, and feeling like I should have months yet to go! I'm not feeling overly large, no real physical discomforts to speak of. When I realize that this baby will be out in 6 1/2 weeks or less, I can't even fathom it. We're pretty well stocked on the necessities, although our CD stash will need bulking up to get us to full time status, and a bigger bed couldn't hurt. Other than that, I'm just waiting ever more patiently than I thought possible. I feel as if I should be making detailed lists or something. I am a little nervous about reality hitting and having this peaceful calm shatter...

#11 ·
I am bigger than I was with my first so I feel like I am going to explode! I can't squeeze into small places anymore and it's driving me crazy, can't see to shave my bikini area and have moved to slip on shoes because there is no way I want to have to scrunch down to tie laces.
I am 33 weeks and having been growing that typical "1cm per week" so am about 33cm. I can't imagine that my tummy will grow another 7cm!

#12 ·
My daughter came at 34 1/2 weeks and I will be that next week, so that is kinda making it feel more real to me. Aside from that I am pretty comfortable, I love the obvious pregnant look and am basking in the extra care and attention that I know will soon leave

tara

#13 ·
I'm right there. I'm 33 5/7 weeks, and I can't imagine that this baby will come before 40-41 weeks. But, I am uncomfortable. My feet are very, very swollen at the end of the day. I've had to buy new, bigger shoes, and I can leave an indention in my ankle from about 3 pm on. My fingers are sore when I move them, and I can't wear my rings anymore. I keep hoping that that will go away, and I'll still be pregnant! LOL

#14 ·
yeah, with dd i was in such a hurry! this time, i'm almost 37 weeks, still feeling great with the exception of feeling like my butt and thighs could not get any bigger
- i keep thinking of things i need to do, work stuff i need to wrap up, house projects that need to get done. of course part of me is thinking maybe this not-readiness will make him come early? but really, i'm thinking more of 41 wks, which is when i had my daughter. i'm sure by then, i'll be more than ready!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.