Going out of my mind uncomfortable - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I'm due at the end of the month so I should be the last to complain but I can NOT get comfortable to SAVE MY LIFE! : I kind of just suck up the uncomfortable every waking moment... but now, I'm uncomfortable in my sleep and I can't get comfortable enough to sleep - . This is starting to suck and I have 7 weeks left?

Seriously wanting to cry...
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 AM

Right there with you. The discomfort has been waking me up at night so many times it just hurts no matter how I try to lay. Soooo different from my other pregnancies. I'm really concerned that this baby is in a "bad" position. Hiccups are on the upper right side 90% of the time. It's hard to take a full breath. I just ache all over. Sharp ligament pains on the underside of my belly. Ugh.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 07-11-2006, 10:43 AM

Me too! I was just telling DH yesterday how I am really hating being pregnant this time. I can never seem to get comfortable and something is always hurting. I have a hard time falling asleep and staying that way. I can never get a full breath.

Vegan, I was just talking to my midwife about the position of hiccups, and she says that you can't tell what position the baby is in from hiccups. I am concerned about this baby's position as well. He was transverse a couple of weeks ago, and I know he is still flipping around a good bit. I am a little over 34 weeks.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat4mel
Vegan, I was just talking to my midwife about the position of hiccups, and she says that you can't tell what position the baby is in from hiccups. I am concerned about this baby's position as well. He was transverse a couple of weeks ago, and I know he is still flipping around a good bit. I am a little over 34 weeks.
Hmmm, my midwife would disagree. Plus, with my other two, their hiccups always coincided with their position when my midwife would feel for baby's head. And the hiccups aren't radiating all over the place, they're specifically in the upper right. When my previous babes were head down, the hiccups were IN my crotch. So while I definitely believe this baby will turn into a better position as labor gets closer, I can feel where that little head is and it is definitely NOT vertex most of the time (though when it is, I always tell the baby that that's where he/she should be when it's time to come out).

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM

Add me to the list of uncomfies. Sometimes I put off going to bed, cause I know I'm just going to lay there hurting and not sleeping.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpymama
Sometimes I put off going to bed, cause I know I'm just going to lay there hurting and not sleeping.
I've been doing that every other night lately too!! I figure I'd rather be tired than have to lay in bed in pain for a few extra hours. But then the next night it catches up with me and I just HAVE to go to sleep. But in the morning I can barely sit up or walk for the first half hour.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 PM

The only time when I am comfortable is in the pool.

Even if you are not a swimmer, get in a pool. It is true heaven.

Honestly, when I'm in the pool, I forget I'm pregnant for moments at a time.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:40 PM

I used to go swimming all the time--my friend has a little community pool, but then we stopped going over there and started mommy and tot swim lessons for my youngest. But now that those are over I haven't gone, and we're all missing it, I think.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:03 PM

Yep, I just want to be done. I can't get comfy at night in bed, toss and turn and wake up in pain. Some nights I move out to the recliner on the couch. This baby is so high I can't breathe or sit up straight. He keeps pushing on my stomach and making me feel sick. I want him out!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Oh god, the pool... that sounds heavenly. Wish I knew someone who would let me use theirs.

Ooooooh I wish....

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM

I miss sleeping. My little bean is always hiccupping it seems, i have to ee every 5 minutes, i'm hot, my legs hurt , and i'm bored. I haven't been going out much b/c i'm new to town and driving is just so uncomfortable. I keep hoping she'll come a few days early or else i'm going to go nuts from boredom and lack of sleep!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 PM

I can't wait to birth baby so I can take a full deep breath again.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 PM

Yes!!!! WATER!!!! Pool, tub, anywhere.....I wish that I could just be a fish and never have to get out of the water.........
and yes, sleeping hurts, what is that? What is a good night's sleep anyways?
I can't wait to be done either, I feel so stretched and sore, and I wonder if my body will ever be normal again?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:58 AM

I am laughing right now at the comments of staying up until exhausted because mommies can't sleep anyway... because it's 1:00am and that's what I am doing! I am sitting here knitting and scanning messages because lying down is miserable! Although, I end up napping during the middle of the day, which isn't easy with two little ones running around a hotel room!

Water is lovely right now. We are at the beach (my husband is singing down in FL for 2 months) and I just sit in the pool at the condos in the late morning and let the DDs float and crawl all over me. But by the afternoon, I don't want to move from bed for a while.

Glad to know I am not the only one with pg related insomnia!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Add cervical pain to all that you are experiencing and that describes what I'm going through. Every time I stand up the baby puts pressure on my cervix and I think the scar tissue from the stitch is breaking up and it REALLY hurts. So I can't lay in bed because of pubic bone pain, can't walk cause of the cervical pain, can't sit too long because of swelling. Yup, it's time to have this baby!

My mw said yesterday I'm one of very few women that are ultra aware of their cervix! LOL
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM

Yeah, at 34w4d, i'm starting to feel like an 800-pound gorilla, except I do *not* get to sit wherever I want!

Sitting down is uncomfortable. Reclining is comfy but not good for baby. Laying down the wrong way is nice, laying down the right way is awkward and uncomfortable. I feel like a ghost haunting my house, up-down-up-down-wander-wander. And eating-- either I don't get hungry and nothing appeals and I just graze on stuff and feel empty, or I get ravenous, eat too much and get heartburn. I'm starting to see how life makes the last month-and-a-half truly uncomfortable, because there are times when I would definitely do ANYTHING to get this baby out. Wait till i'm up to 38 weeks, right?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:26 AM

oh! my back! it feels like it's breaking in two!!:
Old 07-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 in August
Yep, I just want to be done. I can't get comfy at night in bed, toss and turn and wake up in pain. Some nights I move out to the recliner on the couch. This baby is so high I can't breathe or sit up straight. He keeps pushing on my stomach and making me feel sick. I want him out!
Oooh, I am just the opposite! This baby is so low, I feel like I have a cantalope between my legs and all the muscles and tendons are painful down there. It hurts to walk and it hurts to roll over at night (which is no simple task). The midwife commented on how low the baby's head was (-2 station) at my 32 week checkup. I don't think I will go to 40 weeks with this one!

I also have a hard time sleeping - between getting and staying comfortable, all the birth and baby preparations going though my mind, and DD waking up several times a night lately, it is a wonder I can even function in the mornings!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymamma
Oooh, I am just the opposite! This baby is so low, I feel like I have a cantalope between my legs and all the muscles and tendons are painful down there. It hurts to walk and it hurts to roll over at night (which is no simple task). The midwife commented on how low the baby's head was (-2 station) at my 32 week checkup. I don't think I will go to 40 weeks with this one!

I also have a hard time sleeping - between getting and staying comfortable, all the birth and baby preparations going though my mind, and DD waking up several times a night lately, it is a wonder I can even function in the mornings!
Oh that sounds just miserable too! I feel for you!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Does anyone else's baby ever seem to stretch thier whole little body out and bash them in the cervix AND the ribs? Mine will not sit still, he is getting restless, and it almost feels like he's trying to stand up and walk out.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_angels
Does anyone else's baby ever seem to stretch thier whole little body out and bash them in the cervix AND the ribs? Mine will not sit still, he is getting restless, and it almost feels like he's trying to stand up and walk out.
Sounds like my second baby. Right after he was born, my husband sat holding him on the couch against his chest and that baby stood right up in his lap with his head held right up. He was so eager to stretch those little legs!!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:47 PM

I have been doing really well for the past few months with weekly visits to an excellent chiro... but, she has been out of town for two weeks and I am REALLY starting to feel it. Also, I have a yeast infection : which make baby's head-butts to my cervix even more uncomfortable than usual. I feel your pain...

User Tag List