Mothering Forum banner

The twins are here

3K views 62 replies 36 participants last post by  JenMidwife 
#1 ·
I went into labor around 8pm Sunday night. Our doula came and we tried and tried to get A to turn, with no luck. Finally we went into the hopsital a bit agfter 3am, had the ob check posticion with u/s and yep still transverse. I was 5cm dialeted so we had the c-section

Dominic Edward was born at 4:44am 4lbs 7oz 16"
Aaron William was born at 4:47 5lbs 6oz 18"

I was 34wks 6days. Dominic is doing well, he's under the billi lights and in the warmer but he's nursing like a champ and having forumla too. He's breathing on his own, no iv anymore and they say he's doing better at controlling his temp.
Aaron, is still all over with his breathing and heartrate. I've only been able to hold him a few times
Hopefully this afternoon we'll be albe to start mouth feeds with him. He;s also on O2, under the billi lights and in the warmers

c-section recovery is very hard and quite painful. I'll be realsed tomorrow but no word yet on the boys

See less See more
#8 ·
congrats!

Sorry about your c-sec

Don't be down about it! Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and let everyone help you as much as they will! and then some!

you have two awesome little boys now!
Hope they get healthier by the minute and can be home in no time!

#9 ·
: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did a great job. I hope you can recover quickly. I'm sorry it's painful though.
. I can't wait to see photos of your two new boys!!

- Krista

#18 ·
Congratulations Mama! I was a twin born at 30w and my hospital stay was until my sister and I were 4lb (exactly) and they sent us home... it sounds like your boys are doing well even though with a bit of assistance. Glad to hear they are safe, healthy and you get to see them, be with them.

I'm sorry recovery is tough, I can imagine you were dissapointed with a cesarean - but those transverse babies don't come out very well without turning. Many hugs and love for you - prayers for support too. Take care!!
~Julie

#21 ·
COngrats on the birth of your sons! Wishing you a speedy recovery physically & emotionally from a different birth than you would have liked. So glad to hear Dominic is doing so well & I hope Aaron's breathing & heartrate stabilize soon- it must be very difficult not to be able to spend more time w/ him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.