MDC is back!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-18-2006, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What has everyone been up to since the server close?

I wonder if anyone else had their baby?

Yay I am just so glad things are back up and running! I was going through MDC withdrawl
#2 of 16 Old 07-18-2006, 11:53 PM

me too!!!! YAAAYYY!!!! I've been soooo terribly bored and checking in every hour....

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#3 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 07:52 AM

Ahhhhh. I am glad to be back. So many cramps and twinges and preparations for baby and nobody to talk (who cares)!!!!

I had my homevisit yesterday and everything is READY!!!! I am measuring a week or two big so I am really hoping to go early. Maybe my dates were off? Whatever.

All the birth supplies are assembled, we have to put the tub together and I still want ot hang somepix on the walls in my birth room, but all systems are a GO!

37 weeks on Friday....and did I mention I am insane enough to take my hubby and kids camping this weekend?
#4 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM

I was having withdrawal too!

SO GLAD to be back!

Karma- you are going camping?!?! OMG you are a better woman than i am! I can barely go grocery shopping
#5 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 12:07 PM

Yay! I'm so glad it's back up!

Anyone else melting out there? Hope everyone has some way to cool off! A little relief here in NH today, just a warm summer day instead of insane HOTNESS!

Hope everyone is well!

--kristin
#6 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon
I had my homevisit yesterday and everything is READY!!!! I am measuring a week or two big so I am really hoping to go early. Maybe my dates were off? Whatever.
I just had my home visit this morning. Baby still likes to lie tranverse at night, but turns around during the day to posterior quite often. The midwives suggested rocking on hands and knees a few times a day.
Otherwise nothing big to report. Everything's ready to go, including me as I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. Not holding my breath though!!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#7 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybw
Karma- you are going camping?!?! OMG you are a better woman than i am! I can barely go grocery shopping
Yup. I know, I am crazy...but we had planned to go way up in NH for a 5-day camping trip after our awesome trip last summer and then i went and got pregnant and spoiled it for everyone :LOL So I figure the least we can do (for the kids' sake) is cross the border into NH and do a one-nighter. We set the tent up in the yard last week and it got me thinking that if I am going to be an insomniac, why not be in the woods with a good book and a flashlight.

I just need about 37 pillows and I will be all set. And an air mattress of course.
#8 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM

I went camping last weekend...and it was great! I was thinking of it as our last coastal getaway before baby, but it seemed like my belly was so much of a third party, it as more like our first family trip! I just took it really easy, and of course, packed about 15 pillows!
#9 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Out of curiosity, what is a home visit for? Is this for mamas having a homebirth? I'm having a hb and I don't think they ever mentioned a home visit before the actual birth. That sounds nice!

I'm also very excited MDC is back up! I've actually had to spend my usual computer time doing things like cleaning and organizing
#10 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers
Out of curiosity, what is a home visit for? Is this for mamas having a homebirth? I'm having a hb and I don't think they ever mentioned a home visit before the actual birth. That sounds nice!
Well, with our homevisits, it's usually a regular appointment plus a chance to meet any birth assistant who might accompany the midwife, make sure she knows where your home is and where the birth supplies are located. Also it's a chance to meet the rest of the family (if they haven't been coming to regular appointments), and to just get a feel for the atmosphere of your home I suppose, so that everything goes the way you want it.
AND it's the time when most midwives require payment for the birth!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#11 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
I wonder if anyone else had their baby?
Okay, who had their baby? I totally missed this!

We've been selling our house and packing to move to our new house in a couple weeks. We'll likely be going camping 1st or 2nd week of August as we haven't had a chance to go yet this year!

Glad to be back here as well! Annoyed that the search function isn't up and running again though....

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#12 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 04:25 PM

I am so happy to be back! I was wondering all weekend if anybody else had their babies and wondering how you all were holding up.
#13 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 05:22 PM

I'm glad it's back too. Nice to check in and see how everyone's doing.

The news here is that I'm hot. I'm hot. I'm hot. But thankfully it got down to the low 60s in the night last night . . . all windows open, fans blowing the cool air inside, having to snuggle under a blanket by morning . . . it was delightful. But today it's still hot.

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#14 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 05:41 PM

My home visit is tommorow. I've been having contractions on and off for the last couple of days. Maybe it's labor, or maybe I'm just doing too much. The adoptive mom got here about a week ago. We've hung out twice now and I love her even more in person. My house is clean and ready to go. Now I just have to be patient and hope this baby isn't almost three weeks late like the last one was.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#15 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
Okay, who had their baby? I totally missed this!
Azreial had her twins about a week ago and nfbmom just had her boy!
#16 of 16 Old 07-19-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
Azreial had her twins about a week ago and nfbmom just had her boy!
Geez, I have to start paying attention!! I am off to find those threads! Thanks!

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page