I am soooo tired.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-19-2006, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just can't seem to get enough sleep!

- I have to get up and pee every hour almost.
- My 19.5 month old DD has been waking up in the middle of the night crying (I think its teeth) and won't let DH comfort her AND she wants to get up and cuddle on the couch - not her bed or our bed : - it usually takes her an hour to go back to sleep (how do you reason with a toddler that it is 3:30 AM and not the time to get up???)
- I try really hard to go to bed early but I have a really hard time falling asleep b/c of either restless legs, restless mind, or just plain insomnia (or a little of each)

:yawning:

DH tries to let me have a nap on the weekends, but DD will come to the bedroom door over and over again crying for mommy and I can't sleep when I can hear her crying.

Just needed to vent a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-19-2006, 05:37 PM

I hear you. Dh left for work at 6:30 am. I got up at 7:30 but then fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours. I feel so bad for just letting my dd play/watch tv all morning, luckily she is older, but I still feel bad. Plus baby is kind of quiet today. Making me paranoid...
#3 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 02:04 AM

oooh! I so hear that. Your DD and my DD should hook up so they can entertain each OTHER at 3:30am. I think we've got teething too, but after months of blessed sleeping through the night she's waking up again, right around 3:30-4. Last night she wanted to eat a bagel. : She at least will get into bed with us but won't go back to sleep until after at least an hour of pointing out our eyes, ears, nose, giving DH back and head rubs, etc... all very, very adorable things, but not so much at 4am when you're pregnant and tired. And of course by the time she winds back down I have to pee yet again and then it's just hard to settle back in (especially with my elaborate pillow setup)

and DH comforting her? Forget it!! The girl loves her daddy but when there's pain or illness it's got to be mom. This should be interesting once the new baby is here...

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#4 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 02:06 AM

is your DD not napping anymore? I used to clean house and take care of stuff around the house while DD napped, now it's straight to bed with me once she's out. The rest can wait...I figure I'll never have the chance to do this again...what are the odds they'll ever nap at the same time??!

#5 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieV
is your DD not napping anymore? I used to clean house and take care of stuff around the house while DD napped, now it's straight to bed with me once she's out. The rest can wait...I figure I'll never have the chance to do this again...what are the odds they'll ever nap at the same time??!
She does nap, but I usually want a nap before she's ready for one or I just want DH to get up with her and let me sleep in for a couple hours.
#6 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieV
oooh! I so hear that. Your DD and my DD should hook up so they can entertain each OTHER at 3:30am. I think we've got teething too, but after months of blessed sleeping through the night she's waking up again, right around 3:30-4. Last night she wanted to eat a bagel. : She at least will get into bed with us but won't go back to sleep until after at least an hour of pointing out our eyes, ears, nose, giving DH back and head rubs, etc... all very, very adorable things, but not so much at 4am when you're pregnant and tired. And of course by the time she winds back down I have to pee yet again and then it's just hard to settle back in (especially with my elaborate pillow setup)

and DH comforting her? Forget it!! The girl loves her daddy but when there's pain or illness it's got to be mom. This should be interesting once the new baby is here...
Our girls could be twins! Usually she wants to watch tv when she gets up like that. Let me tell you that there is NOTHING on at 3:30 am except infomercials!
#7 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM

that is too funny! DH was having insomnia one of the nights she was up like that and made the mistake of turning the tv on. THANK GOODNESS we have an unnecessary million channels because I was able to find Sesame Street on PBS Sprout or something like that. Those are good people to understand sometimes a kid needs Elmo at 4am

today it was just a random wake up for the day at 5:15, as well as little cries (the kind that wake YOU up but not them) every two hours last night, which of course were not timed with my every two hour peeing. *yawn* back to bed.

#8 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

We have Little Bear videos if the infomercials are not cutting it but that usually wakes her up more. My DD cries in her sleep sometimes too....don't know what that's all about...dreaming maybe? I still go in there and rub her back and she will stop crying.
#9 of 9 Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM

I've been exhausted lately, as well. Yesterday, after I got to work I went to the pool to swim laps (I'm in the Air Force, and we have to work out 3x a week, which is a good thing). Usually, I'm excited about swimming and feeling weightless. I parked in the lot at the gym... and the next thing I know, it's 1 1/2 hours later. I just fell asleep right there, in the parking lot. There were men trimming bushes around the lot the whole time, and I slept through it. It makes me wonder how many people saw me there on their way in AND OUT of the gym. I felt very weird after that, so I just drove back to work. In a way, it was nice no one noticed I was gone for so long. I guess I needed the early morning nap!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page