I can't wait to . . . - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
be able to lie on my stomach!!!

Heck, I may even do that after my first hour of snuggling my sweet little babe. The moment I hand him over to the nurse to weigh and measure, I may throw myself on the bed tummy down!

What are you looking forward to? (Other than staring, lovestruck, at your baby for hours on end.)

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#2 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 06:33 PM

I can't wait to be able to bend at the waist! I miss that SO much.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#3 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 06:43 PM

... lie flat on my back!

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that one's killing me at the moment.
#4 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 10:25 PM

All of the above! I miss being able to sleep in a variety of positions. I just roll (slowly) from one side to the other. My hips are killing me.

And can I say this? I miss s-e-x.
#5 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Amen Ary, what is up with the hurting hips? I can't sleep on my back, can't sleep on my stomach and now whatever hip I sleep on is KILLING me in an hour and I have to switch sides...how am I supposed to sleep? Standing up?
#6 of 27 Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, the hips have got it. By morning my hips are aching so much that I can't lay on either side so, despite being exhausted and needing to sleep more, I have to get up just to make the pain end. It'll be nice to have that go away too.

I miss being able to have sex without saying, "I'm sorry, I can't breathe in this position."

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#7 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Amen Ary, what is up with the hurting hips? I can't sleep on my back, can't sleep on my stomach and now whatever hip I sleep on is KILLING me in an hour and I have to switch sides...how am I supposed to sleep? Standing up?
:
#8 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 12:29 AM

Oh! Glad to know I'm not alone with the hips thing...although, I'm sorry you're all suffering too.

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
#9 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 12:56 AM

I totally finished this sentence of your title without even opening it...with sleeping on my stomach!! I felt like that last time too, I seriously fantasized about it like it was sex...I couldn't stop thinking about it, even at work. This time I'm not quite as obsessed because I know it will probably take a few weeks...I didn't factor in sore, leaky breasts being a hindrance to tummy sleeping too. The first few weeks if I laid on my stomach, whoa! look out, milk machine.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#10 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 12:58 AM

oh, and sometimes my best sleep for achy hips is on the sofa...something about that extra support behind my back is really nice.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#11 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 02:04 AM

i was actually thinking about the stomach sleeping just a few days ago!! full breasts will get in the way but dang its not nearly as bad as a basketball under you!!

i am having horrendous hip pain too. going to physical therapy/massage for it even.

what they do is massage my right hip (this one is the "bad" one that slips foward which misaligns me). You guys might try having your DP's massage the point where the hip and spine come together....that pointy bone on both sides of the hips on the back (you know what i am talking about??). she uses a massage cream (i am sure anything that provides friction will work but you might try icy hot or similar heating stuff). she does it pretty hard to really get down to the bones and muscles so your dp's can use their muscles. THEN lay on your back (i know OUCH!!) drape a leg over the edge of the bed (or whatever) have DP stand on the end and put your foot on their shoulder and push for 6ish seconds (they provide counter pressure). she only has to do this once or twice for me and then my hips are aligned again. she "measures" this by putting a finger on each side of my hips while on my back. if they are parrallel then its good if not do it again.

i hope thats explanation enough if not you can pm me or just post here.

either way its a free massage!!!

BTW even getting this from a "proffessional" it only lasts me a few days. not as great as a chiro (which i HIGHLY recomend) but P.T. is paid 100% by my insurance and chiro isn't at all.
#12 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 02:07 AM

Believe it or not - this pg is the most comfortable for sleeping for me. With the previous three, I was on the couch at nights by now. Weird. The thing that is really hurting is the pain in my leg/hip joints. It kills me to get up from any sitting or laying position. It hurt in previous pregnancies, but not like this. Ouch.
#13 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 12:52 PM

I miss bending, and being able to take a few steps without losing my breath, and seeing my ankles, and sleeping comfortably, and being able to eat or drink after 7pm without being up all night with reflux or gas pressure in my chest! Oy! I sort of hate to complain, though, considering that all of my little issues are really manageable and there are so many women who really suffer with their pregnancies. I do love being pregnant, but now I'm finally starting to look forward to feeling like I own my body again!
#14 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 04:33 PM

Oh man...

I miss bending over without making 'old man noises', sleeping more than an hour or so at a time, rolling over without a production, and having a glass of wine...
#15 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 PM

*lol* at "old man noises"! I hear ya! "Oof" is a part of my daily vocabulary!

I miss sex. Last time we did the deed, it was so uncomfortable that I haven't entertained the idea since. Weeks and weeks ago. Ack.
#16 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM

Yeah, sex is getting interesting. We did it for the first time in a couple of weeks over this past weekend, and it was like my husband was trying to get it on with a turtle.
#17 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM

OMG, this thread is hilarious!!! laughup I don't really have anything more to add... completely agree w/ it all... the hip pain, sleeping positions, sex... what would I do w/o the DCC & you women who understand exactly what it's like?!
#18 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 06:07 PM

Oh, my kingdom to be able to lie flat on my back without a crushing weight on top of me. And beer! With alcohol! I know it's supposedly safe to have just the one glass of wine or A beer, but I've never been able to get past that hang up, so I stick to the non alcoholic stuff and ugh. Beer flavored water. How immature am I, that all I want is a beer with alcohol???

And lol at sex with a turtle.
#19 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heide
Yeah, sex is getting interesting. We did it for the first time in a couple of weeks over this past weekend, and it was like my husband was trying to get it on with a turtle.

this made me laugh so hard the baby kicked my ribs.

i can't wait to have sex and be on the bottom without my df being, like three feet away from me.

oh yeah, and the hip pain and sleep deprivation sucks too.
#20 of 27 Old 07-20-2006, 09:39 PM

i want:

a good night's sleep, in ANY position
to go more than 20 minutes without peeing
one day without a headache or heartburn
to go back to work (really!)
to feel sexy
to eat sushi

that all sounds so shallow to me, though. mostly what i want is to meet him, hear his voice, hold him, feed him, and cuddle him. all the rest can come later.

oh, and an illegal cigarette. droooool. :
#21 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 AM

: I CAN'T WAIT TO LAY ON MY STOMACH!!!:

I can't wait to have sex in any which way we want....I stayed at my parents for a week without my hubby and have been pretty randy since I've been home - we've actually had sex three times this week, amazing! But it was in the spoons position. lol, I'd love to have more freedom and be more comfortable. I hate not feeling in control of my body!!

I MISS sushi!
I MISS being able to have a glass of wine without feeling guilty!
I can't WAIT to get rid of these pelvic pains.
I can't WAIT until I stop needing to PEE so MUCH!!
I can't WAIT to get more than an hours sleep solid without having to get up to pee or to turn over.
I can't WAIT to stop feeling this uncomfortable.
I can't WAIT for it to cool down around here....ok, so maybe that won't happen immediately after the birth, but maybe I'll feel a little less hot and bothered in the heat!
I can't WAIT to stop feeling so BORED!

and.... I can't WAIT to see my baby!

xnatx
#22 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 09:32 AM

I don't miss sushi because I order all the vegetarian varieties or make my own!

But ditto on the laying on my back and stomach (something I normally don't do, but miss so much when I can't do it!). I want to lay on the floor on my stomach and play with my kids, lay in bed and read on my back, etc.

And I want to be able to cook and wash dishes without bending over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame!! And to stop banging my belly into the stove knobs. And to be able to reach into the bottom of the washing machine while standing straight, instead of standing sideways and leaning over sideways.
And to be able to stand up without having to rock back and forth to get build up the momentum to move!
And to be able to pee without having to push my underwear down to my ankles!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#23 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
And to be able to stand up without having to rock back and forth to get build up the momentum to move!
Hehe, yeah, I seem to be doing an aweful lot of grunting these days!!!!
#24 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Oh, I am so there about sleeping, hips popping and lying on the back. I'm getting much better sleep than I deserve, but I do wake up every few hours, roll over with enormous popping noises, trundle out to pee while stubbing several toes, often miss the potty with the TP, crackle back to bed, by which time DH has thrown or stolen all my pillows, rearrange, resettle creakily back in, try to go to sleep, baby either kicks so much I get involved or kicks so little I get freaked, wash, rinse, repeat.

I actually had a really sweeeeeet dream the other night... about sleeping on my back in the winter at the perfect temperature with a cuddly blanket. It was nearly orgasmic.

Speaking of which... : ... that's really the one complaint I can't share. Our favorite position continues to work just fine for us, and I am getting so much out of our special time together that i'm surprised someone hasn't broken down the door with the police after hearing me scream and screech. God bless the big O's of the 3rd trimester! I'm gonna miss 'em!
#25 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
It was nearly orgasmic.

Speaking of which... : ... that's really the one complaint I can't share. Our favorite position continues to work just fine for us, and I am getting so much out of our special time together that i'm surprised someone hasn't broken down the door with the police after hearing me scream and screech. God bless the big O's of the 3rd trimester! I'm gonna miss 'em!
I love those too, as few and far between as they are!! Though as of 37 weeks I'm gonna try for every day if I can stand it to encourage labor...I know, I lecture everyone else about waiting, but if baby's ready, it'll help, and if baby's not ready, I figure it won't do a thing!
Speaking of the big O (don't read if this is approaching TMI for you!)...I've always meant to ask my midwife that question...but maybe someone here knows...I know sex is off limits until around 6 weeks or until bleeding stops (we did it at 6 weeks the first time, and 4 1/2 weeks the second). But what about other means? How soon is orgasm "safe"? It always feels super good to me postpartum as well, and I figure it probably helps shrink the uterus back to its normal size faster. Maybe it's just extra intense because I finally get to lay the way I want to again! LOL.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#26 of 27 Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 AM

The 6 week thing is a myth. You can do whatever you want as soon as you are feeling up to it whether it is 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months.

Orgasms in general are safe, and may help with the uterus going back down.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#27 of 27 Old 07-23-2006, 11:17 PM

In summary, we wanna have a few drinks, get busy, and then blissfully roll over onto our stomachs.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but my stomach sleeping was all I could think of with #1 and then wound up with a c/s--it was another 5 weeks before I remembered to even try to lay on my stomach.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page