Something worth considering - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-20-2006, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a dream last night that my water broke while we were in our truck on the way home from the store. when I woke up and remembered the dream, I realized what a total bummer it would be if that really did happen, seeing as we *finally* have a nice, new truck.

So, just in case, I've put a garbage bag and a few towels in the truck. That way, if my water does happen to break when we're out and about, I can slip a garbage bag onto the seat and have a few towels to sit on so our seat doesn't get ooky.
#2 of 8 Old 07-20-2006, 12:56 PM

Yep, I've taken a Chux out of my birth kit & put that, w/ a towel on top of it, on the seat of my car... just in case
#3 of 8 Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 AM

Good idea. So much weird stuff to think about in these last few weeks.
#4 of 8 Old 07-21-2006, 11:00 PM

we just got a new car and DH keeps saying garbage bags and towels or I am not allowed in

tara
#5 of 8 Old 07-22-2006, 01:52 AM

dh commented that we must take my car to the birth center and such. god forbid we take his car....not like i would want to!! ha!! woman in labor falls on face climbing out of dh's CAMARO!!! lol.....i guess i should at least put something in my car but my water had to be broken with ds so that "it would move along faster :" i am not even THINKING that my water will break until i start pushing!!!!lol
#6 of 8 Old 07-22-2006, 08:20 AM

Funny. I sat on a towel in the car for the last month of my first pregnancy. I had the towel IN the car for the last few weeks of my second pregnancy. I haven't even given it a second thought for #3! So maybe I'm in for it!!

But statistically it's more likely for babies to come at night, and I don't really go out at night any more. Plus, only a small percentage of women have their water break as their first sign of labor (but that's been me, twice). So I just figure it'll happen at home, not in the middle of Whole Foods at 10am! We'll see if my luck holds!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#7 of 8 Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM

my water broke with dd#1 and it was such a trickle I wans't sure if I had peed a bit (not that that had happened before) or if it broke. I had a sawp done and it broke. It continued to trickle throughout the next 12 hrs. I wouldn't be too worried but always better to be safe than sorry.
#8 of 8 Old 07-25-2006, 10:04 PM

I just read that in only 15 % of labor does the water break before you know you are in labor. That made me feel a little better since I was a bit paranoid.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page