feeling funky - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the weirdest day yesterday... I've had painless Braxton-Hicks for the last couple of months w/ an increasing frequency... period-pain like cramps off & on for the past week or so... but yesterday was something else...

I did lots of errands & walking around, I think I started having some "real" contractions, but then I also had some intestinal cramping & diahrea (sp?). So I don't know what's what, but it sure didn't feel good. :

All the while, the baby was moving INCESSANTLY & was punching (or something) down... I don't know what s/he was hitting (didn't feel specifically like bladder, cervix or vagina), but it hurt. This was really the first time I've found baby movements uncomfortable. The crazy thing is that this constant movement went on for TWO and a HALF HOURS - I'm not kidding. :

I would think that baby was trying to get in to a good position, but s/he has been head down, lying on the left for 3 freakin' months! It doesn't get much better than that! I do wonder if baby engaged it's head a bit more... I'm not sure if I've "dropped" (I never seemed to carry that high), but I'm finding it more difficult to pee today. & based on movements & hiccups, baby still seems to be head down, lying on the left.

Anyway... I'm not too distressed or anything (today!), but it was just weird. My due date is Aug 6 & I've been preparing myself for the last 7 months for a mid-August baby. But now I'm wondering if it might be sooner....

Anybody else having weird days that just get you wondering what the heck's going on?
#2 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 PM

Jen, not exactly the same, but on Tuesday ds and I had a really busy day with grocery shopping, running other errands, packing up my hospital bag and then that evening, dh came home and we hung the bedroom door and closet doors.

While we were busy with the doors, I started having pretty uncomfortable ctx lasting for about 2 hours. I didn't time them, but there were a few times I just had to stop what I was doing a relax through them. I slept well that night and felt normal again in the morning.

I also lost a huge chunk of my mucus plus today (tmi, I know )

I have that pain you are describing, but it feels like babe is punching his fingers into my cervix (but since he's engaged, that really can't be happening. )

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#3 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for commiserating, Steph! Congrats on loosing your plug!!! What's your due date (for whatever it's worth!)?
#4 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 PM

My baby is head down on the left, too. I have had this weird pain like there is a little knife or something jabbing into my groin area. This is my first baby, so I have no idea what this could be. However, it happens only every once in a while and it doesn't happen over and over, just once here and there. It is different from round ligament pain.

It makes me feel like I don't have enough time to do all the junk I need to do in order to prepare the house for the birth, but all the time in the world probably wouldn't be enough for me.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#5 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 05:38 PM

This morning I woke up for my 5 am pee and then had to get up over and over for other bathroom trips (trying not to give tmi). Between those I was having some interesting crampy feelings. They kept on till I got out of bed around 8. Even kept on in the shower then they stopped once I started moving around. I was kind of bummed.
#6 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 06:24 PM

I woke up early this morning as well to go the restroom and had what I think to be my first three contractions...about 2 minutes apart and lasting about a minute each. It felt like really bad period pains...after they went away, I tried to lay back down, but the baby felt like sonic the hedgehog flipping around like crazy for a good hour. I had to get up and have some breakfast cuz laying down through all of that activity was making me feel a bit :Puke
(Hehehe..I've always wanted to use that little guy!!) Anyway..I'm not due until Aug 27 supposedly, but I'm thinking we might be a little sooner than that..this babe has been head down and putting major major major pressure on my pelvis for the last month and a half at least. I feel like he/she is ready..I sure am at least

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#7 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 PM

carolina~mom2be - that little emoticon is so funny. I watched it at least 2 or 3 times.
#8 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 08:34 PM

jen, you poor thing! how awful and confusing! i don't really know what to say, but i know sometimes my baby does that down there punching thing and it is really uncomfortable. keep us posted.
#9 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 10:58 PM

Jen, I am gonna blame you cause I read this post earlier this afternoon and then this evening I had the same thing happening!!!
Since about 7 tonight I have had constant sharp stabs downward. I don't know what the heck is going on. When they occur at the same time as a contraction it is HORRIBLE.
I just called my midwife and she said it could be 1. mucus plug coming loose. 2. baby banging head down. or 3. Cervix thinning.
Seeing as I don't have the baby's room completed, diapers haven't been washed once and I think they are supposed to be washed about 4-5 times before use and I haven't set up/ stained the cradle OR finished buying my birth supply stuff or received my birth pool in the mail I am not liking the sound of ANY of these option!!!
I have 3.5 weeks to go but would appreciate at least 2 more. This is a first baby so what happened to going late? I wouldn't mind!
Anyways, long story short I sympathize. I am gonna try to get some rest. I hope you can too.:
#10 of 19 Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Thanks for commiserating, Steph! Congrats on loosing your plug!!! What's your due date (for whatever it's worth!)?
8/9/06, but for some reason I have a feeling this babe will arrive on 8/3, not sure why - couldn't explain it with ds either - but he arrived on the day I predicted!

#11 of 19 Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
8/9/06, but for some reason I have a feeling this babe will arrive on 8/3, not sure why - couldn't explain it with ds either - but he arrived on the day I predicted!
Wow, that's amazing to have that strong an intuition!!! I can't wait to find out when you have this one. By the way, what's your Owen's middle name? We're pretty sure if it's a boy, ours will be an Owen, too

Thanks everyone else for your thoughts & sharing what's going on w/ you. What would we do w/o the DDC?!
#12 of 19 Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 PM

I get that same movement feeling. Especially if I'm active There was a few times just yesterday that she got me so hard I was glad I was walking by the couch I doubled over and crossed my legs . LOL Some times it feels like she is reaching out between my legs. I never had that feeling with the boys, lol just always had bruised ribs. She has yet to get my ribs, go figure.

Hope you are feeling better.
#13 of 19 Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Wow, that's amazing to have that strong an intuition!!! I can't wait to find out when you have this one. By the way, what's your Owen's middle name? We're pretty sure if it's a boy, ours will be an Owen, too
yeah, we'll see! My dh thinks it will be either next week or on 8/7, and MIL and I both predict on 8/3.

Our ds's mn is Donald after his grandfather. Not my fav name, but it was really important to dh. I just the name Owen! Can't wait to see what you decide to name your little one

#14 of 19 Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
yeah, we'll see! My dh thinks it will be either next week or on 8/7, and MIL and I both predict on 8/3.

Our ds's mn is Donald after his grandfather. Not my fav name, but it was really important to dh. I just the name Owen! Can't wait to see what you decide to name your little one
Thanks! Will keep an eye out for your predictions!
#15 of 19 Old 07-22-2006, 08:13 AM

As for the sharp stabbing pains down there...I had them with both boys, but not this one. My midwife said it was little fingers poking next to their heads, probably poking the cervix. #1 spent all his time with his hands next to his face after being born--refused to have his arms swaddled. #2 was born with his hand next to his head, so I'm not surprised. And #3? No sharp ice pick pains down there, and spends most of the time transverse, so it makes sense to me.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#16 of 19 Old 07-22-2006, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
As for the sharp stabbing pains down there...I had them with both boys, but not this one. My midwife said it was little fingers poking next to their heads, probably poking the cervix. #1 spent all his time with his hands next to his face after being born--refused to have his arms swaddled. #2 was born with his hand next to his head, so I'm not surprised. And #3? No sharp ice pick pains down there, and spends most of the time transverse, so it makes sense to me.
That does make sense! Thanks for sharing
#17 of 19 Old 07-22-2006, 11:14 PM

it definately makes sense Krista... sometimes if I'm sitting "just right" I can feel the little fingers and it scares me because they are so low : I feel like this little one might try and dig their way out!!

Jen, how are you feeling as of late?

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#18 of 19 Old 07-23-2006, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina~mom2be
Jen, how are you feeling as of late?
I'm still gestating I can't wait to have my midwife feel the baby, I'm almost certain the head's engaged... every time I stand up there is so much more pressure in my pelvis than there was last week. Still having the occasional contraction through out the day... but no "progression". I'm really doing okay though now that I've kind of figured out what's going on (baby's still head down, lying on the left- YEA!). Now if I can just stop hitting things w/ my car.... (see the July chit-chat thread) :

Thanks for asking!
#19 of 19 Old 07-23-2006, 05:05 AM

Glad to hear it!!!! We're all getting so close..exciting!!!!.....I'm becoming more and more impatient:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page