Pain Help please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday I had awful pain on my right side, followed by contractions all day that led to nothing. This morning when I got out of the shower, I started feeling pain on my left side, but this is much lower, like abdominal/ovary area. It's sharp and constant, difficult to walk. Anyone have any ideas? I'm reluctant to call my CNM b/c I'm planning a UC homebirth and I don't want them to try to take my baby. Please help!

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#2 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM

I couldn't say for sure, but I have been having sharper pains on my sides when elbows and knees are vying for space.
#3 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

I gave in and called the CNM, she said it's most likely ligament pain and to ice the area so the baby moves away from it. The sharp pain has mostly subsided, but I'm having major menstrual-like cramps now, which is worse than what I was having yesterday. God, I hope this is it!

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#4 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 AM

I'm always told it's "ligament pain" too. I finally stopped complaining about it because I get the same shrug and the same old answer. But the crampiness could be early signs of labor. I definitely remember that in retrospect with #2...but I ignored it completely...then my water broke! LOL.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 10:32 AM

Tylenol can't hurt either (that's the first thing they do if you end up in the hospital). Good luck... keep us posted!
#6 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 AM

Why do they lump all pain into round ligament pain, lol? Seriously, I hope you're not in too much pain and that all the crampiness is productive.
#7 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 12:20 PM

I was having the same cramping about a week and a half ago. It was horrible. Then I started puking (sorry if tmi) Any ways I talked to my CMW and she said she has had 4 cases of the same thing and itseemed to be a flu bug of some sort. (2 of the other moms went to the hospital it was so bad) Sure enough it went away. Hopefully you are either feeling lots better soon or holding you little one. (((hugs)))
#8 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

So now I have bloody show. PLEASE tell me this is it! I can't take being pregnant anymore!

#9 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 02:14 PM

ooooh, definitely getting close I bet!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#10 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Oooh! How exciting! Keep us posted-sounds like it could be the real thing!
#11 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 PM

I had bloody show and lost some plug two weeks ago.... Still waiting... Still 2cm dilated. HAving patience is so hard sometimes!
#12 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshi Mama
I had bloody show and lost some plug two weeks ago.... Still waiting... Still 2cm dilated. HAving patience is so hard sometimes!
Grrr, you're not supposed to tell me that! I have no idea what I am dilated, I don't get checked and I can't reach to check myself. With DD I dilated to 4cm by 32 weeks, and 6cm by 36weeks.

#13 of 13 Old 07-21-2006, 05:41 PM

Good luck Meghan. The only time I have had a bloody show - I was in full blown labor a few hours later, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!!! As for ligament pain, my mw says that glucosamine helps with that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page