I canNOT get this baby off my right side!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrgh! This baby is firmly lodged with its back along my far right side and its little feet poking my on the left side. All my babies have liked this position, and all my labors have been loooong and torturous because the babies have had a hell of a time getting rotated into position so they could come out. W/ #2 I was stuck at 8cm for more than 6 hours with non-stop contractions because he was malpositioned. #1 was actually born posterior.

This time I've been seeing the chiro regularly, and I'm in much better alignment this time. So why isn't this baby laying properly? I was really hoping things might go better this go around (like a less than 24h labor!), but it sure isn't looking that way.

And boy am I kicking myself for not doing the stuff on Spinningbabies a long time ago. I was being a little too optimistic. You can bet now I'm following everything on there to the letter! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be having any effect at all yet.

Has anyone had any success getting a persistently posterior baby to go from right to left this late in the game (other than while in labor, which sucks - BTDT)? I'm also going to be seeing my chiro on Mon and I'm going to talk to her about doing the Webster technique, which thankfully she's been trained in. I don't know if it does anything for turning posterior babies, but considering the theory behind it, I don't see why it wouldn't help. And at this point, I'm desperate. I'll try anything. I'm seriously freaking out about another horrible labor. :

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to throw them my way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 09:51 AM

I am completely clueless but I am in the same boat, all on the right with kicks on the left. My son was breech so I was so happy that this babe is head done, but now I am worried that he/she won't get in the right position. For some reason my babies seem to get in one spot and then not budge for the last couple of months. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 PM

I have read that once their head gets wedged in a certain position, you may have to do some inversion techniques or uterus lifting along with the positioning excercises. If you can find a pool or lake, doing handstands is suppsed to help unlodge the head so that spinning is easier.

I was clueless the first time around and ended up with a C-section due to a posterior babe. Luckily, I followed the advice at spinning babies since the halfway point with this babe and she's stayed in the right position. I hope it makes a big difference.

Best of luck to you in getting babe in the optimal position!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshi Mama
I was clueless the first time around and ended up with a C-section due to a posterior babe. Luckily, I followed the advice at spinning babies since the halfway point with this babe and she's stayed in the right position. I hope it makes a big difference.
I had the same experience!

Hoping that it will be different this time for me.

I swear my baby still turns sideways! IT HURTS!
I have been seeing the chiro since at least february.
I have an u/s next week to see if baby is breech or whatever so if he is, the chiro will help with the webster technique.

good luck everyone!

Amy
hoping for a VBAC!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 AM

Good luck to all of you. I don't have any btdt advice, just hugs.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Mine is also on the right side, but my last one was breech so I do see it as an improvement. I have been doing a lot of rocking back and forth on all fours and the baby seems to move a bit when I do that (but as soon as I stop he/she goes right back to the right side)

tara

User Tag List