Breech baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-24-2006, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, not too sure where to post this. Sorry if it's already been discussed, haven't been here for a LONG time! I'm due Aug. 28, and just found out the baby is breech. We're wanting to look into the Webster's Breech Technique, which is a chiropractic technique. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. We're wondering about the safety of it. My dr. of course seemed horrified when I even mentioned chiropractics. I'm in Canada so we really don't have access to midwives and more wholistic healthcare. I figure it's gotta be more safe than external cephalic version, which is our only option if we hit 37 weeks and still haven't turned and we're at 35 weeks now! Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
#2 of 4 Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 PM

Obviously your doc doesn't have a clue as to what it is if he's horrified by that but not an external version.

Here's what I know (after my chiro explained it to me). It's a combo of a gentle adjustment (meant to correct any sacral misalignment) and accupressure on the round ligament. The theory behind the technique is that the baby is breech because it can't get into a better position, due to some misalignment of some sort. If the misalignment is corrected, the baby can then get in to a better (head down!) position.

It's very safe, very non-invasive, and quite effective. I'd definitely look into that and any other natural way to turn a baby before resorting to a version. Which, btw, often ends up with the baby flipping right back around afterwards.

disclaimer: I'm going on second hand info that I may or may not be remembering entirely correctly.

For accurate info, just google webster technique. It comes up with all sorts of good websites.
#3 of 4 Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 AM

I just have to plug spinningbabies.com in there to. It has a TON of info on turning breeches and good positioning in general!
#4 of 4 Old 07-25-2006, 06:09 PM

Here is the other breech thread from this ddc.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=486702

Best wishes!
Sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page