Annoyed with the world. Anyone else? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 78 Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
I AM ON FREAKING PARTIAL BEDREST, SO ****WHY***** AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS HOUSE CAPABLE OF DOING ANY F*CKING CLEANING???? WHY???
laughup
You should have hurled the big bag of goodwill clothes at him as hard as you could muster. It's just clothes, it wouldn't hurt the guy, but I bet it would make you feel better!

peilover, have you ever seen the scene in 'Banger Sisters' when Susan Saranden makes the elaborate dinner for her family and then flings the chicken at her husband? It seems like a solution to your situation.

Maybe I'm lucky DF and I haven't gotten to see much of each other during my third tri. Then at least I can't get annoyed with him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 78 Old 07-27-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
Dh teases me because he doesn't understand why I pull the shirt up. But, it just feels good to have EVERYTHING off my belly at home. Keeps me cooler too!
OMG - if I'm not just wearing underwear, I might be wearing a tank top pulled up under my breasts because I'm sweating so much. I am sure it makes a lovely picture. I don't like anything on my belly either. It's too tight and itchy and hot.
#63 of 78 Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

out to dinner with Dh tonight, I was approached by a cute fellow preggo (not nearly where we are)

"Are you having twins? Triplets?"

Need I say more, ladies, NEED I SAY MORE????????
#64 of 78 Old 07-27-2006, 11:35 PM

lacfalls - hang in there.

Ary99 - did you ask her if she was having an alien baby?:
#65 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
As someone else said, what the hell is with people calling every day now to "see how I'm doing"? Come on! I have 2.5 weeks to go. So HYPOTHETICALLY this daily phone call phenomenon could continue for 5 MORE WEEKS!!!! I am the SAME as I was yesterday! Obviously, if I had popped out a kid yet you would know about it!
It drove me CRAZY when I was pregnant the first time. People calling EVERY DAY, even from other countries!!
And then for baby #2...NOTHING. And after he was born...NOTHING, not even a card. What is it about first babies?!#@!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#66 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
And any time I try to go home early or take care of myself, I get a shrug and, "Oh, I worked 10 hours a day until MINE were due. Worked till 8 pm on Friday and had a baby by Sunday. Really, it's no big deal." :
This makes me crazy... One of the nurses in L&D worked until 9 pm, then checked herself in and had her baby at 4 am. Which is all fine and good, but she's just not me. And, I'm tired. And, I'm whiney. And, I chose to go to a different group so I could find midwives that would write me a note out of work at 36 weeks.
#67 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS
This makes me crazy... One of the nurses in L&D worked until 9 pm, then checked herself in and had her baby at 4 am. Which is all fine and good, but she's just not me. And, I'm tired. And, I'm whiney. And, I chose to go to a different group so I could find midwives that would write me a note out of work at 36 weeks.
LOL, I had my doctor write me out last week, right at 36 weeks! I'm having some pretty serious rib pain though, and he'd like to see me heal *before* I go into labor (so would I...believe me!)

3 angels, I'm loving that mental picture...next time...

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#68 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
I absolutely think we're going to have a "must call first" rule before she comes over. I hope that'll be enough to keep me sane. : :
we have this rule for MIL! It works, but it wasn't easy to enforce at first, probably because it's dh's mom and not mine (dh is a softy). But, over the last several months - she's finally gotten it and it's made our marriage better (less fighting about MIL dropping by every.single.freaking.day.right.when.we.get.home.f rom.work!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#69 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary99
out to dinner with Dh tonight, I was approached by a cute fellow preggo (not nearly where we are)

"Are you having twins? Triplets?"

Need I say more, ladies, NEED I SAY MORE????????
Did you ask her if someone asked HER that question, then proceed to say, "maybe you see why I'm offended?" Humpf...

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#70 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 03:27 PM

You know the commercial on tv with the very pregnant woman dripping all kinds of food on the "only shirt that still fits"? That would be me at work. I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week. I have 3 scrub tops that fit. They all have stains. By the end of the work day, you would think all I do is eat, but unfortunaly - they aren't all food stains. My coworkers just laugh and point, but DAMMIT I am not buying more big scrubs for a few more weeks... Plus the waistbands fall off the belly, then the hem drags the floor. And my feel hurt from standing up all day. Not to mention the squatting and pulling and pushing and lifting that I INSIST on doing because I am pregnant, not sick, or dead. Even if I don't feel like it. And I refuse to go out on FMLA early. I went out at 38 weeks last time and dd was 2 weeks late so I wasted a month of the precious 12 weeks on waddling around trying to beat the heat and talk dd out of me.

That's the other annoying thing. People keep asking me "When are you going to quit work" My stock answer is "When this baby FALLS out of me"!
#71 of 78 Old 07-28-2006, 09:12 PM

Ditto here on everyone calling to "check" on me. Like I wouldn't TELL people the baby was here? Really?
DS #1 and DS #2 driving me crazy with needing all my attention and youngest up in the middle of the night for what seems like no reason. I KNOW DH CAN HEAR HIM TOO!!!
Cat is driving me nuts, dog smells like swamp thing but it's so hot i can't bring myself to give her a bath. DH will do it in the tub, UM YUCK! Wet dog smelly house, anyone?? Sigh. Soon. Soon. At least the past few days I've gotten a lot of cleaning and stuff taken care of.
And thank goodness I am now not working anymore until after the baby. I'm glad they got me out of there before I did something that would hurt my career, like tell everyone where to go.
#72 of 78 Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 PM

If I hear the exasperated
"You still have a whole MONTH!!?"
one more time, I will scream.:
I mean, MUST you tell me I'm extremely fat??
I ALREADY KNOW!!
#73 of 78 Old 07-29-2006, 12:39 PM

The number of "I feel sorry for you" looks or jaw dropping looks I just got at the supermarket was pretty annoying.
I did find one pair of shorts on the XL rack that fit at the resale store for $3.99 though!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#74 of 78 Old 07-31-2006, 10:23 AM

Yeah, I yelled at some kids at the movie theatre last night... for the first time ever. They showed up 30 minutes late to Lady in the Water (blech! : ), and then continued to talk, giggle and make fun of it in the row behind me. Luckily, they quieted immediately when I turned around, looked 'em in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry, but could y'all please not talk? It kinda ruins the movie. Thanks!"

DH was completely floored. We've dealt with a lot worse in movie audiences, and I didn't even like the movie, but it really just peeved me.
#75 of 78 Old 07-31-2006, 05:33 PM

Ok today I'm joining you all. My dd is driving me nuts!!! It started with slight irritation and it's to the point where if she whines or talks back one more time I'm really going to want to hurt her. I won't, of course, but the urge to spank her is so right there. We just spent close to 2 hrs cleaning her room. With her complaining about being too tired to help. While I was vacuuming the bedrooms she hauled a bunch of stuffed animals out to the living room that I just cleaned. I was so upset that I started crying. Then dh got mad at dd for making me cry so he started yelling at her (which he never does) so she started crying and I was telling him to stop making her cry. It was awful. Can I just go to the hospital now, have my baby and be taken care of for a couple days? Oh no, that's right, I can't relax there either because I don't trust them not to accidentally vax or circ him. I'm officially pissed at the world today.
#76 of 78 Old 07-31-2006, 05:49 PM

Oh Jen, that really sucks!!!

magpiedee, hehe... I wonder if you're like me, that I've grown a pair of balls that I never knew had before this pregnancy (sorry for the graphic image!)
#77 of 78 Old 07-31-2006, 08:25 PM

Thanks, we've all calmed down a bit. I ended up running out to Taco Bell since cooking was the last thing on my mind. I doubt I'm finishing laundry tonight, but I at least have to get the 2nd load in the dryer.
#78 of 78 Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM

jeez lacfalls, that is really sucky! glad you found this thread so you could share your pain!

my dh has been having job difficulties too...he just got something part-time that we're hoping works out...he got laid off just before christmas, about a week after we found out I was preggers...it kinda sucked!

as for being annoyed with the world in general, I'm just running out of responses for "how are you feeling" -- i don't think people *really* want to hear that it feels like I have a bowling ball sitting on my pelvis, that I can sleep for sh** and that I'm *totally* looking forward to the 100 degree humid weather on wednesday...but hey, they asked, right??

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page