Annoyed with the world. Anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scenes from the life of a grumpy pregnant lady:

Scene I The Mother Living in the 1950s
Today I called my mother to tell her about my checkup (2 cent, dialated, 50% effaced). She immediately asked where Ds had been during the exam.

"Well, he was there," I replied.
"IN THE EXAM ROOM WITH YOU???!!!" She was TOTALLY alarmed by this.
"Yes,Mom, he was right down there with a catcher's mitt!'

I mean COME ON. The kid was playing and oblivious the whole time.

Scene II The Doctor's Daughter

I really like G, I really do. She's the doc's cute teenage kid who aspires to got to medical schooland is learning some of the ins and outs at her Dad's office. Today she did her first finger prick. On me. I thought I was polite and encouraging; she was scared witless and shaking like a leaf which did little to ease my nerves, but I tried to be calm. Okay, OUCH, but I said, "G, you did great!" Phew, glad that was over.

Five minutes later she comes back.

"I broke the tube," she said sheepishly.

"So, you have to do it again. . ."

"Yeah"

Okay, so finger stick number 2. Since she's an old pro at it by now, she is teaching someone ELSE the fine art of poking my flesh. She was *really* nervous now because she had an audience, and kept going "1. . 2. . .3. . .ok, wait. . .1. . .2. . are you ready???" Finally I just blurted out "STOP WITH THE ANTICIPATION, G! JUST DO IT!" Poor girl, I know I embarrassed her some, I really didn't mean to, but I was losing it! And poor me, because stick number 2 hurt like a mo'fo'.

This coupled with the fact that when her father examined me vaginally, I thought he'd lost his watch because I think he was up to his elbow in my va-jayjay, made for an interesting morning.

So how was your day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 PM

When I saw your post, I knew I'd be replying!!!!! I just spent the last two minutes screaming at the incompetent idiots at Lowe's (okay, I'm at home, so I wasn't actually in their face). Dh came home with the shade they had cut AGAIN because the first time they cut it wrong (they've done this three other times!) and now they cut the stupid thing too short. I really want to wrap it around the guy's head. I mean, come on, I plan on giving birth in this room, I'd like a shade for a little privacy.

And before that I screamed at dh that we will be living in this stupid, money pit, HE** hole for the rest of our lives - the cabinets are falling apart, the dryer has broken parts, something's broken on the fridge, the garbage disposal doesn't work, the shower in our bathroom doesn't work (and we have a hole in the kitchen ceiling because of it), our grass keeps dying thanks to this stupid Colorado weather, my vacuum cleaner is busted and I have a carpet cleaner sitting in my bedroom and no energy to use it. So, yea, I guess you could say I'm annoyed with the world! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:39 PM

Oh man-I am so with you on the blinds thing-Lowe's also! How many trips does it take before they get that right??? I think it took us three times as well. I wonder how many oddly sized blinds they toss at the end of a day??? Ridiculous.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:08 AM

Everyone at Lowes is a moron anyways, it doesn't matter WHAT you are buying...sorry if any of you work there!
Yeah, this subject caught me too cause basically my family is grating on me, no matter what they do, which is probably nothing. I am just friggen hormonal!
Fortunately, my DH is in the clear. He can do no wrong in my eyes lately but the rest of my family is standing on my LAST NERVE and they don't even know it!!! (mainly because there would be nothing to tell except, hey just the fact that you are breathing is annoying me right now. Please stop.)
Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 AM

ah Colorado, I feel your pain about the money pit...and my husband had the nerve to say the other day that I just wanted to live in a perfect house...um HELLO?? I'm just looking to live somewhere non-poisonous, I didn't realize that was too much to ask?! We live in an ancient farm house with lead paint, and I've been careful myself, but am so nervous for the baby

Ary, sorry about the finger-stick...like those aren't annoying enough to begin with?? ouch!

my day went OK in general, except I CAN'T stand BUG BITES!! (just found THREE on my elbow!) ugh

--kristin
Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary99
va-jayjay
I love this term! Sorry you had such a rough day

I've dropped $1600 into my Camry during the last 2 weeks... just what every woman about to give birth needs.... we'd better not have to do ANYTHING more than a freakin' oil change during the first year of this kids life! :
Old 07-25-2006, 03:25 AM

Oh I am laughing at you all - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO there with you - so totally.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 07-25-2006, 03:30 AM

Since I've been home these past two weeks on maternity leave I've been wanting to chuck one of our cats out in the street. Frog is an amazing whiner and does stuff he knows he's not supposed to do - over and over again. I've liternally sprayed him with a water bottle at least 15 separate times today (5-10 squirts a pop), screamed at him at least 5 times, and put him in time out in the bathtub once. I've never wanted him to be an 'outdoor' cat but I'm getting more and more tempted...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 AM

Um, I had two ladies coming over for a playdate this afternoon. Was totally looking foward to the adult company--and they both bailed on me within 30 minutes of each other. So I had vacuumed, scrubbed out the baby pool and picked up the house all for nothing. Grrrr. At least dd and I were able to get into the kiddie pool and splash around to take advatage of it being clean...

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
Old 07-25-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area Babe
Since I've been home these past two weeks on maternity leave I've been wanting to chuck one of our cats out in the street. Frog is an amazing whiner and does stuff he knows he's not supposed to do - over and over again. I've liternally sprayed him with a water bottle at least 15 separate times today (5-10 squirts a pop), screamed at him at least 5 times, and put him in time out in the bathtub once. I've never wanted him to be an 'outdoor' cat but I'm getting more and more tempted...
One of my cats too! He cries and cries with his shrill, mournful meow like he's malnourished (not, he's over 20 pounds!) and unloved. And he wants a Whiskas packet to soothe his pain, but all he does is lick off the gravy. And he's mad at me for growing wheat grass for myself and not sharing it with him. He's also taken to begging for a drink out of the bathroom faucet every time I'm in there. I swear he wasn't like this before I got pregnant.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 AM

OMG, right there with you ladies. i was babysitting another 5 yo girl today along with my own 2.5 and 5 year olds, and I took them to a local spot for a fun field trip.

On the ride home (car rides are generally a calm and pleasant experience for me and my girls, we listen to music, look at the scenery) SHE DID NOT STOP TALKING and finally I spazzed and I was like "HONEY?!?!?!?!?! Let's just see if we can be quiet until we get to my house ,OKAY!?!?!?!?!?!!"
Old 07-25-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon
SHE DID NOT STOP TALKING and finally I spazzed and I was like "HONEY?!?!?!?!?! Let's just see if we can be quiet until we get to my house ,OKAY!?!?!?!?!?!!"
This is my oldest son. Does not shut up sometimes. He's getting better, but I think it's a result of me spazzing out too many times this pregnancy He's cute, but the incessant questions over and over, and how he wants you to watch what he's doing all the time even if it's the 600th stick-out-his-tongue silly face in a row...agh!!!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 07-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
he wants you to watch what he's doing all the time even if it's the 600th stick-out-his-tongue silly face in a row...agh!!!!
My kids have been TORTURE at the pool -- they both want me to watch every move they make - and finally, inevitably, I end up yelling at them that it's not fun for me to watch every single freaking time they do something, mommy takes them to the pool so that MOMMY CAN RELAX AND NOT BE RESPOSNSIBLE FOR WATCHING EVERY BREATH THEY TAKE AND

and then I have to calm down and take a deep breath myself.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM

Yup, my patience is pretty much nil. Plus, I still ascribe to a theory I learned in high school... "Look around you-- 95% of these people are a**holes!"

I only have a 2-mile commute, but other drivers are literally driving me insane. The Target parking lot is like some sort of roller derby death match, and I nearly get creamed walking across the pedestrian crosswalk every day. Everywhere I go, everyone wants to touch me and ask me a bunch of questions about the baby, and although I want to be polite, i'm so hot and tired and achey, and I'm a private person, and by the end of the day i'm just all used up. 80% of the things my mom says are annoying. 80% of the things my boss says are annoying, especially when she tries to tug my shirt down lower over my belly. Because I am *not* buying an entirely new wardrobe for the last two weeks, dangit! And lastly, although I worship DH more than ever and think he's a complete prince, he's gone completely native in the cleaning department, and I want to take all his dirty dishes and socks and pile them in his trunk until the roaches fall out. Grumble!! :

Ah. That feels better.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 AM

everyone I meet in this city is a d*ckhead
and I'm the only woman in all of New York that weighs more than 115 pounds
I'm including the other pregnant women

And I'm scared of resembling a marshmellow on my wedding day in a week
And my future SIL (who will stand next to me) looks skinny and fabulous, which will make me look even more like a frump-monster

and everyone is rude to me here, I just want to ask them "what would your mother say??" when they shove me out of the way on the street or push ahead of me in line on the subway
I totally b*tched out a store manager yesterday, the sales girl was giving me attitude and rolling her eyes at me and I couldn't take it anymore
and, to top it all off, at midnight last night someone on the 5th floor of my building caught thier room on fire, so I had to run down 9 flights of stairs (I'm on floor 9) WITH severe leg cramping to avoid not burn alive, and then wait outside for a couple hours while the NYFD hosed it down...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_angels
and, to top it all off, at midnight last night someone on the 5th floor of my building caught thier room on fire, so I had to run down 9 flights of stairs (I'm on floor 9) WITH severe leg cramping to avoid not burn alive, and then wait outside for a couple hours while the NYFD hosed it down...
ACK! Sounds like dejavous from college days! You SOOO need a break! How much longer until you're out of there?? (And I LOVE NYC, but enough is enough!)

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM

Oh mommas, I'm so sorry that all these things are happening to you all. So far, I can usually hold it together, sometimes my dd gets on my nerves (non-stop talker here too), but I try to be gentle with her. Only a couple weeks to go.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Yesterday at the grocery store, after two other people rammed into me somehow with their cart, without a word of apology....the man behind me in line:

a) bumped into my very sensitive belly button with his cart without an excuse me or sorry
b) placed all his items onto the conveyor belt before I could get 1/3 of my items on, so my items were spilling onto the floor
c) attempted to "help" me by taking my items out of my cart and placing them in the 1 foot of conveyor belt space that was already full
d) spilled coffee all over my cart and the floor, again, no apologies or offer to clean up my cart

Was I justified in wanting him to keel over right then??????

I have determined that as a pregnant lady, and now that I'm off work, I will not enter a grocery store, department store, or Target unless I am either:
a) with my DH, b/c these things don't happen when I have my 6'4" dinosaur with me
or
b) between the hours of 9 am - 3 pm M-F, so I do not have to deal with as many people

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!

Okay, it is nothing compared to a middle of the night fire (I can't imagine!!!!), but still, my last nerve is officially gone.

that is all.

Erin
Old 07-25-2006, 03:36 PM

This is my LAST week of work!! Hooray! I leave for New Jersey on Friday night and spend the weekend preparing for the wedding, then we are getting married next Tuesday and spending Tuesday and Wednesday night on the beach, and then we're taking the trip back up to the city on Thursday to pack up all my stuff (ahh!) and making the 9 hour drive back home on Friday the 4th. If I can just get through this week, keeping my thoughts positive and trying not to curse at anyone...
Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 PM

Yeah, what is up with grocery stores?? My big problem is people stopping right in front of me and blocking any means of my passage. And they have no idea. They're just out for a leisurely strole through the aisles. So I have to stop... wait... and then get my cart momentum going again. Which is for some reason incredibly exhausting.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 PM

:

I just got it for the first time.

"Oh, you must be having TWINS!!!"

:

I guess that means i'm getting close to delivery, right? RIGHT???
Old 07-25-2006, 05:19 PM

Ok, my turn. I love my daughter, truly I do, but if she asks me "whazzat?" one more time, I swear I will scream. It's her new favorite phrase, so even if she knows what "it" is, she still asks. Augh! Yesterday on the way home from Walmart some lady randomly stopped dead in the parking lot and said to me "You must be ready to pop, huh?" I was like "yeah" and mumbled as I waddled away. What if I wasn't? What if I was only 6 months pregnant (I would cry if I was and looked like this, but still...)? DH said next time someone says that to me, I should say "Huh? What are you talking about?" as if I'm not pg. That would confuse the heck out of them. LOL My mom is surprisingly not getting on my nerves, DH is pissing me off to no end though. Stupid stuff too, he's just an idiot sometimes. I can't wait for this to be over.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
Old 07-25-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobyfeeder
Yesterday on the way home from Walmart some lady randomly stopped dead in the parking lot and said to me "You must be ready to pop, huh?" I was like "yeah" and mumbled as I waddled away. What if I wasn't? What if I was only 6 months pregnant (I would cry if I was and looked like this, but still...)?
What is up with all the people saying "you must be miserable", "You're ready, huh?", "You're so big you must be ready to pop", etc, etc...
I mean, really.
I'm almost 38 weeks now, and I finally feel like I'm getting used to being preggers. And I want my little bean to stay put for a week or two. If this is my last two weeks of me and dh just us, the two of us, I want it to last until my due date! (or at least till little bean is ready, and then of course, it's ok...but YKWIM)
SO, No...I'm not miserable or ready to pop...final answer!!:
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Oh, I so needed this... I've been home with ds (3yo) today and I'm totally and completely frazzled. Dh is out of town until Thursday evening, my MIL started calling in quick succession at 5:23 and called 5 times by 5:30. She'd locked her keys in her car (we have a spare set) but STILL! I was outside with ds playing in the yard and didn't hear the calls - so she called dh and my MOM - who both started calling too. I finally heard one of the calls and called dh back (first missed call on caller id), who proceeded to tell me why everyone was calling.

So, out I go to the van to get the spare keys before I call MIL and again, MIL, my mom, and dh were calling while I was outside for 2 minutes locating the keys.

I called dh back and told him that his mom does not need to be calling my family when MIL can't reach me, that I'm 38w pregnant and the LAST call they want to get is a false alarm because I didn't answer the phone immediately. That ticked dh off and I hung up on him. :

I won't even get into the fact that I don't want to talk to my mom ANYMORE until AFTER this babe has arrived. She's driving me crazy!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 PM

So I spent a couple of hours last night in the emergency room. After earlier said cat managed to get out of his time out in the bathtub he proceeded to scratch at the bathroom door. I went to get him out and when I opened the door and bent down to pick him up I bashed my head into the glass doorknob (one of those old fashioned kind).

I wake up DH who had just gone to bed about an hour earlier (it's 3:30am) and asked if I need stitches. Bad idea. He proceedes to try and bandage me up and when I finally get a look as his handiwork I noticed that the butterfly bandage is right on top of the wound, not holding it together like it's supposed to. So I take it off and since its stopped pouring blood I can see that I definitely do need stiches. So off to the ER we go.

The good thing is I know that DH can make it to the ER. And now I have 3 lovely stitches right at the start of my left eyebrow. And I have can't go swimming (grr). Should make great delivery pictures should I go in to labor soon.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 PM

It just keeps getting better and better. Tonight as we're sitting down to dinner - water starts coming out of the hole in the ceiling (where we need to get the upstairs shower fixed - I think I forgot that one on my rant earlier!). Well, as it turns out - dd2 FLOODED THE UPSTAIRS BATHROOM. Breathe - just breathe - just breathe.........
Old 07-25-2006, 11:37 PM

ColoradoMama-
That was us last year. It totally sucked. Our water heater busted in the summer, and our tub poured water into our dining room in the fall. Now just our kitchen roof is leaking during heavy rains. I can live with that for now. But it's always something.

BayAreaBabe-
Ouch!!!! But I hope it won't deter you from sharing your birth photos!

We only have two mirrors in our house, in the bathrooms, and I can only see from the middle of my belly up.
So we were all walking together past a big set of windows this afternoon, and I was wearing a dress (rare for me) because my largest maternity shorts are becoming too tight . I thought I honestly looked like a big white elephant!! It's like when you haven't seen someone's child in a few years and think "wow, they've really grown!", well, that's exactly how I felt seeing my full length reflection. I just wanted to barf.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
But it's always something.
Don't I know it girlfriend! BTW - I bet you fabulous! Cut yourself some slack!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:43 AM

VeganF - that was seriously the first thing I thought of. Great - I'm going to get to remember this in every picture.

DH and I pretty much slept today away (he decided to work 6-3 and then came home and crashed). I've been hoping to take some belly pics with our new camera - I guess I'll make sure that my new look is hidden somehow!

ColoradoMama - sucks about your ceiling.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:46 AM

bay- One day, when wee boy is a teenager and mouthing off, you can pull out the pics of you and your frankenstien cut on your face and say "Look at what I went through to have you!!" and maybe that'll make him behave!!

vegan- I know how you feel. I'm wearing a white dress for my wedding (doh! what was I thinking) and worse, a photographer will be there to catch it from every angle. Sweeeeeeeeet. I'll post some of the pics and we can start a white elephant club. Your butt will have to be a certain width to get in.

coloradomama- That sucks!! It almost reminds me of that scene in "Duplex" where the ceiling caves in and they are dancing around to Opera music.

peilover- Just tell everyone you lost your phone.

User Tag List