So, is anyone feeling really good? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*lol* As I read through the DDCs, I am starting to wonder what's wrong with me that I still feel really good! Sure, I have minor aches and complaints, but overall I feel really good, fit, healthy and happy. Even the new addition of 'roids can't get me down!

Maybe it's because I know there's only a few weeks left and that this will be my last pregnancy, but I am not miserable....

Hopefully, I am not tempting fate by posting this, though... I know if I end up going weeks past my due date, my mood might sour a bit.

For now, though, I feel fantastic. A bit big and bumbling, perhaps, but great nonetheless!!

Anyone else??
#2 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 11:41 AM

: Me too! Sure I could complain about having to sit down to put on my underwear but overall I realize I am feeling good doing good and so lucky! I am still running around with my 2.5 yo playing basketball, going to the pool and waterpark. I feel good
#3 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 PM

I'm feeling good too. Still sleeping pretty well, despite all the trips to the bathroom. Overall, I'm feeling much less achey and sleep deprived this time vs last pregnancy. So, no complaining over here either.

Yesterday, ds and I hit the park for 1-1/2 hours, then in the evening, we went for a walk. Plus i cleaned the house from top to bottom (including the wood floors).

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#4 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 12:35 PM

I feel pretty good too and we should try and post positive things like this more often instead of dwelling over the negative things that occur!!! What do you gals think?!? I bet it will help us these last few weeks!!! :

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#5 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM

I'm on board. I feel pretty good too.
I haven't been sleeping much which can sour my mood but this morning I didn't get up till 10:30!!!!!! I canNOT remember the last time I slept past 6:30 so I am quite happy!
Aches has increased a little as I think baby dropped Thursday night but really, it isn't anything like people talk about when they say "OH you are going to be SOOOO miserable towards the end." This is LITERALLY the end, with 2.5 weeks to go and it isn't misery! HA!:
#6 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 12:41 PM

me too. I am not sleeping but coping fine. It is hot but we do our outdoor activities during the cooler parts of the day. I too have to sit down to put my underwear on lol but thats ok. I think it is all in the way you look at things. I traded in my bad heartburn for pelvic pain and I couldn't be happier. I think I got a good deal on that trade. Hope everyone continues to have a positive outlook. good luck times a ticking now!!
#7 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 PM

I'm with you ladies -- I have been feeling good! I don't have a ton of energy and have some awkwardness for sure, but don't have much discomfort and my mind feels really peaceful. Honestly, I will take the third trimester over the first any day!
#8 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonanzaJellybean
I'm with you ladies -- I have been feeling good! I don't have a ton of energy and have some awkwardness for sure, but don't have much discomfort and my mind feels really peaceful. Honestly, I will take the third trimester over the first any day!
:
#9 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 PM

I feel good too -- and I have NEVER said that during a pregnancy before. I mean, some days are better than others and I guess this happens to be one of them, but I am trying to savor these last few weeks of what is sure to be my last pregnancy. I feel gigantic but full of life.

Of all 3 pregnancies, this one has been the best by far -- I have been radiant and healthy, get dail;y compliments from strangers, my mood has been relatively stable and I have gained the most appropriate amount of weight. I have also enjoyed it the most because my daughters are so interested in shopping and talkig about and planning for the new baby.

SO even though tomorrow I may feel differently, today is a day that finds me incredibly grateful for this life inside me. I know, puke! I am so sappy.
#10 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 04:18 PM

I am, too. The small discomforts (swollen feet, etc.) are really not a big deal. More important than feeling good, I feel calm, confident (but not overly confident), and ready for the adventure of birth.
#11 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 05:15 PM

I feel great as well, esp for being 38+ wks - I think this pregnancy may be even easier than my last. I'm sleeping like a rock since my toddler began sleeping through the night and weaned, so no complaints there. I'm not even swelling and last time I was huge, and that was Oct! I try not to say how good I feel too often though, since I have so many clients who appear to be *so* miserable at the end. Give me a few more weeks, lol.
#12 of 18 Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 PM

Also feeling really good,37 wks here! I remember last pg I was just feeling huge by now,and was so miserable. It hurts a little to walk sometimes,but it's not bad. And who else is sooo sick of everyone saying "Oh,I can't believe you are pregnant in this heat!!!" Umm..yes it's hot. But it's still hot if I'm not pregnant.
#13 of 18 Old 07-27-2006, 02:31 PM

I am very, very fortunate in that I deal with pregnancy well, I guess. My last one I felt great (although tired) up until the bitter end...5 days overdue! This time I'm about a month from my due date and yes I'm hot and tired and my back and hips hurt, but that's just par for the course, you know? Maybe I just have low expectations. Seriously though, from stuff I've seen other people post and women I know IRL, I have had it very easy. My only real complaint right now is that it's very difficult for me to pick up and haul around my daughter all day and I sometimes wish I didn't have the big belly in the way...but then I realize it's going to be a million times harder when the baby is actually HERE and they both need to be picked up! It disappoints me when I run out of energy long before she does (but I couldn't match her energy level even prepg!). But yeah, overall I feel really good for someone as pregnant as I am!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#14 of 18 Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyseamom
Also feeling really good,37 wks here! I remember last pg I was just feeling huge by now,and was so miserable. It hurts a little to walk sometimes,but it's not bad. And who else is sooo sick of everyone saying "Oh,I can't believe you are pregnant in this heat!!!" Umm..yes it's hot. But it's still hot if I'm not pregnant.

I feel pretty good, too. I've been taking a pottery class, which I think lets me get my mind off of "OMG, I'm SO BIG!" if that makes sense.

Only thing bugging me is my hips, which feel like they're threatening to fall out of their sockets.
#15 of 18 Old 07-28-2006, 01:52 AM

I feel like I have a ton of creative energy racing around inside of me! this morning, I had so much energy, I felt almost like I had had too much coffee, when I had none. Wanting to make beautiful things, and waking up just wide-eyed and ready to go right in the middle of the night. I get up and do something and have a snack and go back to sleep. Kind of weird, but it's so nice to honestly be able to tell people that I feel great, when they are all ready to commiserate.

(I wonder if I don't look as great as I feel, bc/ people keep asking if I'm really tired? lol)
#16 of 18 Old 07-28-2006, 08:46 AM

Me too. Sometimes my back hurts, I get tired easily, and my food is just running right through me, but I feel happy, fit, active, and am in no rush.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#17 of 18 Old 07-28-2006, 10:57 AM

This is such a good discussion thread... I have been getting way too fixated on my little discomforts, which in the big picture really are not that bad. I've had massive swelling in my feet and ankles for months, but whatever. I can't get a good night's sleep, I can not get a single productive thing done at work, my back is getting achy... But really it's all totally manageable and compared to so many women who really suffer during their pregnancies, I should consider myself fortunate. Thanks all for the eye-opening reminder!
#18 of 18 Old 07-28-2006, 11:37 PM

I am feeling pretty good too. The heartburn and wicked yeast infection do suck, but I feel so womanly and love this big beautiful belly I love the compliments and the bit of extra pampering and I am really enjoying being this far along for the first time ever

tara

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page