Sharp short back pain? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-27-2006, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since last night, I've got random short sharp painful pains in the lower left side of my back. I thought it might be the baby hitting a nerve or something? But it's really painful - has anyone else experienced pain like this? It makes me yelp out.:

Nat (35wks)
#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2006, 10:47 AM

I have been having what you describe for several months now and it is SO painful, I also cry out. It's low like near my sacrum, and also on my left side. Are you right handed too? I put lots of heat on it, and I've managed to have 2 prenatal massages, but the help is temporary. It's worse if I've been sitting on the floor or if I've been sitting with my left leg crossing the right leg (which isn't happening so much right now anyway). I can also feel it when I bring in groceries if I've loaded up too heavily on the left side.

I seriously feel your pain. Try the heating pad. We only have a little bit further to go.
#3 of 3 Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hi and thanks! yep I am right handed. Mine has eased a bit now but pelvic pain has over taken instead, it's now impossible to find a reasonable position to sleep in. The most comfortable is my side, but only for a while, then I have to change sides - but when I try and change sides the pelvic pain is agony, laying on my side just puts too push pressure on it, even with lots of pillows etc... and laying on my back is no good *sigh*. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Not too long now. xnatx

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page