breasts just got smaller (??) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, my breasts have been about a cup size bigger for months now. Suddenly yesterday I noticed they just got smaller. Not back to the previous size, but a significant shrink. Is this weird?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 03:04 PM

I don't know about weird but it sure is disappointing! My breasts have also gotten smaller in the last month. I was actually up 2 cup sizes (from an A to a C) and now I can comfortably wear my B size bras again. I am totally annoyed! My stomach has kept growing but not my breasts...this was my LAST chance to actually have a chest and it STILL DIDN"T HAPPEN!:
#3 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I mean mine were plenty big already, but the increase in size was like a booby prize (ha!) in exchange for the increase in sag, which has been considerable. The size is gone, but the sag is still saggy.
#4 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM

Wow, I thought it was just me... or maybe the enormous belly had just dwarfed them by comparison! Maybe as we "drop", they seem smaller since the belly isn't "supporting" them from underneath?

In any case... what's up with that?
#5 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd give my right arm for my boobies to shrink now! I was convinced I wouldn't have the same kind of growth I had when I was pg with DD #1 because I am still nursing, but alas, sigh, they have indeed increased in size. I'm jealous of you, mama!
#6 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 05:49 PM

HA HA too funny! I have recently noticed this as well. Strange but they really do seem to be smaller.
#7 of 10 Old 07-28-2006, 12:04 PM

It's funny, when I first saw this thread yesterday, all I could think of was one of my pregnancy books that seems to really promote hysteria, and there's a passage basically saying that if your breasts become suddenly smaller you should panic and your baby has probably died. My doctor has been telling me all along to not read most of the popular pregnancy books, or at least to take their advice with a grain of salt, because they really do make you absolutely terrified of every single little thing -- and I'm so glad he has been hammering that into my head, because your body really does all sorts of sudden and strange things when you're pregnant and almost all of it is TOTALLY FINE. Weird and possibly disconcerting, but no reason to freak out and assume the worst. Damn those books!!!
#8 of 10 Old 07-28-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

That's insane! I'm so glad I never read any of those books. Okay, I admit, I read about half of The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy before I threw it across the room. But something about What to Expect When You're Expecting struck me as mass brainwashing before I even knew much about it.

My baby's still moving around a bunch so I hadn't even gotten worried about anything like that. For a brief moment I wondered if my breasts would be defective or something, but then I got over it.
#9 of 10 Old 07-28-2006, 02:31 PM

Phoebemommy:Amen to that. I never wanted to read that book, I don't need to be more paranoid than I am not pregnant...why does everyone think that book is the end all be all for pregnant people. I much prefer Birthing From Within or Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.
And my baby is a MOVER so I couldn't work up any paranoia no matter how hard I tried...although I do kind of worry she is going to starve to death.
#10 of 10 Old 07-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebemommy
... something about What to Expect When You're Expecting struck me as mass brainwashing before I even knew much about it.
: I heard the funniest thing, I think somewhere on these boards... someone called it "What to Expect for the Apocolypse" (sp?) or "What to Expect When You're Expecting the Apocolypse" It's SO TRUE!!! That book is SO ALARMIST.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page