Finally feeling ready - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I just had my home visit. I am actually feeling ready. My house is fairly clean - normally, I feel like such a failed perfectionist, and it's never good enough - but it feels okay right now. I have all my birth supplies ready. I have food in the freezer. My friend is giving my a Blessingway this weekend which I am really excited about. My SIL is flying out on Tuesday to take our pg pictures, and I am actually feeling relaxed and ready to just sit back and enjoy whatever time I have left being pregnant. It feels good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-27-2006, 07:15 PM

I'm feeling the same. Which is a darn good thing since I'm due on Wednesday. I was feeling pretty anxious for awhile but I feel like i have just about everything in order. It is nice to sit back and stick my feet up and just enjoy the last week(weeks?). Have fun at your Blessingway!

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#3 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 09:58 AM

Me, too! My nesting has kicked in, and i'm LOVING it! It's more than just, "You know, I think i'll clean something..."

It's more like, "IF I DON'T SCRUB THE MOLD OFF THE RUBBER THING IN THE BLENDER, I'LL DIE!!" And I feel so much better afterwards. DH came home last night, looked around, and said... "Huh, it looks so CLEAN in here. What did you do?"

Eh, I cleaned. Fool.

I'm just enjoying myself, enjoying everyone's kindness (OMGbabygifts!!), looking forward to MW visits, lounging around, cleaning bizarre stuff, playing with baby stuff and grazing. I always thought I would feel frantic at the end, like the way I felt in high school waiting for my prom date to pick me up when I was ready 3 hours early and couldn't move or i'd ruin my hair or makeup or wrinkle my dress. But it's more like... screw it, this is gonna be fun, and the snowball is rolling down the hill. w00t!
#4 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
But it's more like... screw it, this is gonna be fun, and the snowball is rolling down the hill. w00t!
I love this.... This is how I'm starting to feel now, too.

Especially cause the wonderful fabulous midwives are letting me come out of work!! Which is iespecially nice, cause hte midwife I like the least is the one writing the note. God bless her!
#5 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 10:38 AM

I feel the same. House is clean and stocked with food. We did our belly cast. I cut my hair. etc. Now I an relaz until baby comes.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#6 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 12:17 PM

I'm ready too! I just told dh last night that one of the last things on my "to-do before baby comes list" is done - cleaned the wretched fish tank last night. Anytime I have left beyond this point to nest, is just a huge bonus - and I do have things on that list too!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 12:48 PM

I'm so jealous. I don't feel ready. I mean, mentally, yes, but the house is still pretty sloppy. I have most of my supplies, but I keep feeling like there's this and that that I forgot to get.

And I have no excuse, I'm done working, I'm just lazy now. Except, okay, here's an excuse -- two cats, a dog, and a DH who just can't pick up after himself. It's an uphill battle.
#8 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 01:39 PM

I have a cleaner coming on Saturday morning to do a thorough once over for the home birth prep (this is an especially nice treat since I don't hire cleaners), the cats have just been shaved so they won't add much to the mess from here on in. All my to-do list is finished except thank you cards from my last shower, which is about 25 cards and I admit, it is just pure laziness stopping me. Yesterday I was almost bored! I am going to do the cards tonight so I can start doing unimportant extras this weekend. God, I feel so prepared and organized! It is AMAZING! I am NEVER like this!!! Wish I had nesting ALL the time! So does my dh probably .
#9 of 9 Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 PM

I have a little more cleaning that I want to get done. I know people will be stopping over and I want the house to look presentable. Part of the mess is dd's toys and that part I figure people will understand and if not oh well they can just get a grip. But I want my messes and dh's cleaned up so I'm slowly working away at it. It was nice when dd was with my parent's earlier this week. I got a lot of her stuff cleaned up without her following me around and telling me I couldn't move things or throw things away, lol.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page