what is this?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-28-2006, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yesterday at my 38 week OB appointment I was checked for the first time and was high at 1cm. Not long after I started feeling really crampy and sore. It's still here today and difficult to walk and sit up in a chair, I'm so sore. I have had a few contx but mostly just sore.

Could this still be from the internal exam or the beginning of labor, or what?

any advice or reassurances would be appreciated

mama to DD (8/03)ribboncesarean.gif, DS (8/06)vbac.gif missing my sunflower baby (m/c 6/09), DS (6/10) vbac.gif, and DS (9/13) vbac.gif
#2 of 6 Old 07-28-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorita
Could this still be from the internal exam or the beginning of labor, or what?
Could be from the internal... could be some pre-labor softening & effacing the cervix.

Sounds like your body's doing what it should be, but obviously call your provider if you're concerned.
#3 of 6 Old 07-28-2006, 07:15 PM

did you bleed at all or have increased discharge? did he strip your membranes? I hope not, you're too early for that!

it could just be soreness from the internal. tell him to be more gentle next time, or better yet, don't get another internal exam. unless you have some complicating reason to do them, they're not really necessary.
#4 of 6 Old 07-28-2006, 09:00 PM

As my midwives said yesterday - crampy usually means that it's affecting the cervix. You could be ready to go. Stay well hydrated and rest - if you're not ready - it should stop - if not, well.... Good luck!
#5 of 6 Old 07-28-2006, 09:16 PM

Popping in to say that I experienced the same thing after my 36 week internal exam with ds but I didn't go into labor until 39.5 weeks. I was crampy and achy for weeks!
I hope you'll go sooner!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#6 of 6 Old 07-29-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama
As my midwives said yesterday - crampy usually means that it's affecting the cervix. You could be ready to go. Stay well hydrated and rest - if you're not ready - it should stop - if not, well.... Good luck!
My midwife's advice was similar. I had been having some crampiness and there was a little blood in me pee stick test at 36 weeks, and she said those are usually signs of effacement. After my 37 week VE to check for head down position, I know that I'm not dilated though (but she's so gentle that I didn't have any discomfort after the VE luckily).
chlorita - Hopefully your symptoms were just coincidental!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page