Am I the only one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok this could be tmi, but here goes...

I remember back in January when every time I went to the bathroom I'd check the tp in fear of seeing any hint of pink and worrying and obsessing about it.

Now it's almost August and I'm back to obsessively checking the tp for any sign of pink. Hoping and wishing that I'll start to loose my mucus plug and have bloody show.

Am I crazy?!?!
#2 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 06:46 PM

I'm doing it too, even though I never had any bloody show before either of my other births! I had some thick mucus a day or two before my second birth, but never anything pink ever. So you're definitely not crazy! I just figure since everything else has been different with this third pregnancy, maybe that'll be different too.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 07:24 PM

You are not the only one! I had light spotting for about 2 days before my labor started last time, so I keep hoping, and wishing......so you are not alone! It's just too hot, and I'm just annoyed by everything now.....
#4 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Oh, i'm right there with you. I've already lost some of my mucus plug (note to self: come up with a better name. . .birthing seal. . .something, anything). With DS#1 I was sooo textbook, it was great! I had some bloody show (also needs a new name) that morning, called DH and told him I thought something was going to happen that day, giving him a chance to finish up some things at work. I called later that afternoon and told him my water broke. I really would love to see things play out in a similar way because I felt like I knew what to expect
#5 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 PM

I also obsess over this until my midwife told me today I may not lose my mucus plug at all. With some women it just dissolves into you. So now I am less paranoid. Cause otherwise I was thinking if I haven't even STARTED losing it, it could be FOREVER till I am in labor!
#6 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 PM

I'm definitely checking too, but that's because I've been loosing my mucus plug now for days. I keep hoping to see pink in it, but so far, just lots of thick mucus. Hoping it's soon. With ds, it was about 6 days later, but I lost it all in one fell swoop last time, not little bits over several days.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 10:42 PM

Me too, and I'm not due till the 29th..:
#8 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 11:08 PM

Oh honey, you are SO not alone! I feel like it's almost worse for me, b/c I HAVE lost my mucous plug (nasty boogery looking thing, isn't it?), so I'm expecting a hint of pink every time I pee. I got totally teased about a week ago after DH and I had sex, had what I thought was bloody show but it turns out it was just from the sex. Sigh.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#9 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 12:45 AM

I am absolutely doing it too!!
#10 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 03:30 PM

Oooooh, glob of snot before lunch today! TMI, : , but who cares!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#11 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 03:43 PM

I've been doing it too. I don't for the life of me know why. I don't recall exactly how it went with my first 2, but I know I didn't lose anything in advance. With my last I didn't lose my plug until I was well into labor. And I didn't have any bloody show until about 20 minutes before I started pushing (25 hours into labor!).

I can't imagine this time will be much different. Doesn't keep me from checking and hoping though!
#12 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM

I check too. Hoping to have something interesting to report to those who keep asking how things are going.
#13 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 04:47 PM

Okay, since this is a TMI thread anyway...anyone else who has had discharge throughout the entire pregnancy that can help me? I didn't lose my plug with DD at all, and with this pg I've had a lot of discharge all along. So I can't just say "oh, discharge, I must be losing my plug!" Is it actual mucus, is there a lot of it...what does it look like?

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#14 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 05:09 PM

I keep checking (and hoping) too...

tara
#15 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 05:26 PM

As long as we're on the TMI thread... I am just all belly & find it so uncomfortable to bend in half to wipe... yes I DO still wipe, but honestly, it just feels like so much effort to hang on to the TP to see what's on it that I can't really be bothered.

How bad is that?! Too lazy to check for a plug!!!
#16 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM

I have to admit, I have been checking the TP after I go through this whole pregnancy! I also hate to admit how much TP I am going through these days
#17 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM

ugggh i feel you me too.. i'm due in 5 days and i'm sooo ready... i didn't make it this far with my first pregnancy and i never lost my plug until my water broke then...
#18 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
Okay, since this is a TMI thread anyway...anyone else who has had discharge throughout the entire pregnancy that can help me? I didn't lose my plug with DD at all, and with this pg I've had a lot of discharge all along. So I can't just say "oh, discharge, I must be losing my plug!" Is it actual mucus, is there a lot of it...what does it look like?
I've had plenty of discharge all along, but it's white/clear. This bit of mucus was like blowing your nose with a sinus infection, : , and jelly-like, about the size of a quarter...so far.

#19 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
Mine is the same as vegan explained hers, really thick and yellowish, "sinus infection-like snot" perfect description for me too.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#20 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Makes perfect sense, thanks guys! In that case, mine is still in there

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#21 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
I also obsess over this until my midwife told me today I may not lose my mucus plug at all. With some women it just dissolves into you. So now I am less paranoid. Cause otherwise I was thinking if I haven't even STARTED losing it, it could be FOREVER till I am in labor!
I am glad you said this. I know it already, but I really needed to be reminded. I keep thinking it'll be forever till I go into labor, if I still haven't lost my plug yet. :

So to answer the OP's question, yes, I am obsessively checking for the mucus plug/bloody show!
#22 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM

I keep playing the "Worst Case Scenario" game in my head. :

As in... "Well, i'm at someone else's baby shower, sitting in a really expensive leather chair, wearing light colored pants, surrounded by strangers. Wouldn't this be the most embarassing and messy time ever for my water to break? Come on, waterbreak!!" I doubt i'll go into labor 3 weeks early, but it's fun to dream. This babe is so big and wiggly, I figure she's probably ready at 37w1d. Right??
#23 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
Mine is the same as vegan explained hers, really thick and yellowish, "sinus infection-like snot" perfect description for me too.
Yep, that's what I keep getting too. lol I thought that I was the only one that was describing it like that. I never lost my plug with dd or had any other signs, so it's probably wishful thinking anyway. But I still am obsessed, lol.
#24 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 PM

yeah, I've recently turned into a tp checker...

And I'm actually disappointed when nothing shows up!
#25 of 27 Old 08-01-2006, 02:45 AM

Great thread to read bc I am not quite in that mode yet, but reminder to self--don't eat cheesecake while reading a TMI thread about snot-looking discharge.

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
#26 of 27 Old 08-01-2006, 03:31 AM

I check the TP, too, and I did near the end of my last pregnancy, too.
I just had my 38 week checkup today and opted for a vaginal exam because I wanted to know how things are going. Turns out my cervix is 40 % effaced, my cervix is soft, but not started dilating yet, so the nurse said it's good progress for now. The baby's heartrate was 132 and I've gained exactly 20 pounds so far. We went over my birth plan and all is good, I left them a copy.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#27 of 27 Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 AM

I had more mucus this afternoon, very much like before A.J. was born, and a little more when my water broke. So I guess my prediction was accurate! 1-2 days after the plug comes out for me until labor.....hmmm, it's been almost an hour though...where are those big contractions I wonder?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page