super hyper and alert? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got home from yoga, and while I was there, I got this sudden rush of energy. Not having felt that before, I was a little surprised. Then, it felt as if the baby "contacted" me to say s/he was ready. (Am I losing my mind?) Just after that, a feeling of awesome wellbeing poured over me and I became the happiest I could remember. Then, on the way home, all the leaves on the trees, the flowers, EVERYTHING was extremely detailed. I felt super alert, hyper, and happy. If I could, I'd go run a few miles!

Is this normal or am I going insane?
#2 of 5 Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 AM

hmmmm....it's still a little early but perhaps you're going to go into labor soon! It never happened for me but supposedly some women get a rush of energy to nest right before...it's deceiving because you really should rest. I'd go to bed early just in case! Or it could be just general 3rd tri nesting energy, I get that every once in a while...last week I got a wild hair to completely empty my pantry, redo the contact paper and clean out the old food. Because a clean pantry is so necessary for a new baby!

or, maybe you've just got a nice yoga high on! I know a lot of times I would come home from yoga and my DH would think I'd been smoking pot because I was so mellow and happy.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#3 of 5 Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 AM

I forced myself to go to bed at 10:45 last night. Very odd, since I'm usually falling asleep by 9pm. But I guess I was hyper with baby hormones. Baby hardly moved yesterday, so I think s/he knew to get well-rested too!

I'm only feeling minor little contractions so far. This third time is soooo different! Never have I been able to sit around and type in early labor!!

I felt "done" nesting last night too. I finished the scrapbook I was working on. My husband looked through the whole thing, and by the end he was in tears!! He's a much more emotional person than I am about our kids. He's the one who always cried when they're born, I never did. It's so sweet how much he loves our boys!! And the last few days all he can talk about is how much he can't wait to meet the new baby.

I'm so wired right now. But my husband did call the midwife, even though I told him he should wait until the first two contractions at least : . He's just nervous because it was so fast last time. But I sent him back to bed, if he can sleep, so now I'm all alone, at least until 6:30 when the boys get up!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#4 of 5 Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

It's 5:20am... and I'm STILL alert. We took the dogs for a walk last night and then got to bed around 11pm, and about an hour ago, I woke up. I laid there for a long time, then just decided to come downstairs and do something since I was awake anyway.

I have my midwife appt this morning, and I think that's what's on my mind. I'm anxious like I was when I was a kid, the night before school started. Hopefully labor will be soon or I'll go back to normal. Being like this for weeks would exhaust me!
#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2006, 10:31 AM

I have been super energetic and awake for the past few weeks. And I haven't been sleeping so I should be exhausted. I have gotten CRAZY things accomplished in little time. I am a whirlwind!
But it wore off on Sunday. I was SOOOOO sleepy Sunday and yesterday. I took a nap both days and today I even slept till almost 9...and it would have been later but the phone woke me up. FOr me, it just seems like I am so excited to be at the end that nothing is sapping my energy including lack of sleep.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page