Prodromal Labor Land - let's talk! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well since JenMidwife and Karma seem to be having the ongoing prodromal labor, we thought it might be nice to talk to some others who are experiencing the never-ending contractions that apparently go nowhere

Let's support each other through this!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#2 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 AM

ah yes.... contractions- both B/h and real since last wednesday.
ugh!

It wasnt like this with DS1.
Started with a backache on sat night, sunday starting losing my plug, monda felt great, we went shopping and out to dinner as probably our last night alone, tues and weds, just back ache, thursday am woke up with ctx, thurs afternoon water broke, thursday night born.
Of course i had no idea that back ache was a labor sign til i started losing my plug. Just thought it was pregnancy back aches.

I have an appt on friday, hoping they tell me i have some sort of progress. I am tired of feeling yucky.
#3 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 AM

I've been having contrx off and on for at least 3 wks. I'm so frustrated that they don't seem to be doing anything. Last night they woke me up and hurt worse than before. I also lost more of my plug this am. But then again I've been getting bits and pieces of that for awhile too. I'm hoping that this will at least have some benefit tomorrow.
#4 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

I've also been loosing my plug for over a week now. Today though, is the first day it's been blood tinged (TMI), so I'm hoping that means maybe I'm dilating or effacing more.

Today's ctx have been the most uncomfortable so far. Keep hoping they'll pick up and turn into something, but I haven't bothered timing them - just too afraid it'll get my hopes up all to disappoint in just a few hours.

It wasn't like this with ds either. I remember feeling a bit crampy around 36w, but other than that - no warning until my water broke at 38w6d. I'm now 39 +1 and I totally didn't prepare myself to go over the 38w6d mark. I really should have.

#5 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 PM

after going into labor at 32 weeks and having it stopped,I have been having contractions almost daily!! I had prodromal labor with my son for two weeks and that made me miserable enough but seriously noone expected me to get this far after my hospital stay.So of course I had my hopes up once I made it past 36 weeks and now I am just bloody fed up with it all!!
I had to pick up a prescription from my doc this morning and Itold her about the constant stream of bloody mucous since me check on monday so she offered to check me again seein as i was there,well I had dialated anotrher 1/2 a cm,thinned out more,head is moving way down and now have a bulging bag of waters. Still as I sit here i am telling myself...so bloody what!!I could still go another 4 weeks!!!
can anyone tell that I am a little peed off today???????
they say the third is a wildcard and I believe it!!!

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#6 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 03:41 PM

My only solace is that they also say prodromal labor leads to fast births!!!!!
#7 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon

Griffin was 1 hr 45mins!!!!

I am hoping that this is no faster,maybe a couple of hours longer as that really blew me away.but hey anyway is fine right now,just BRING IT ON!!!!!

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#8 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
cool! have never heard that! Thanks!
#9 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, I can deal with that. With ds, from the time my water broke to the time I delivered him was 31 hours (and had the dr not insisted on pit at the 24 hr mark, I'm sure it would have been even longer.) Thankfully though, that labor was a slow building one - ctx were very easily manageable, transition was REALLY short (less than 15 minutes), and pushing lasted only 15 minutes.

#10 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 06:54 PM

Oh man, I'm in the prodromal camp too. I am hoping this leads to a fast (but manageable) labor, as my son took 36 hours (and eventually the C/S). I am trying to think of it as a good thing every time I get a contraction. When I get one, and if it is practical, I visualize my cervix opening more. I figure that way, I am "helping" myself along and it not all for nothing!
#11 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 07:35 PM

Hey mamas -- I just realized there's one thing worse than prodromal labor!!!!

NOT being in Prodromal labor!!!!!
Were'd all my contractions run off to???? At least when I was having them I felt like something was going on -- but today? NADA! Not even any BHs! This is so freaking depressing!!!!!:
#12 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 08:22 PM

I've been having contractions forever now. Monkey turned posterior for a couple of days and I started to feel the contractions in my back, today he/she has swung over to the right again. I really hope all these contractions are getting me somewhere! They don't exactly feel very good.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#13 of 17 Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM

I'm not really sure what prodromal labor is, but I've been having cramps, low back ache, and lots of BH contrax. It's making me ill, but nothing else is going on. I guess when it's "time," I'll figure it out.
#14 of 17 Old 08-04-2006, 12:06 AM

I've got SOMEthing going on but I don't know if it's prodromal labor...
Every evening it starts up and if I so much as breathe in deeply or move I get a ctx. I was walking at the store Tues. and must have had 20 in 45 min... it was freaking me out! I'm measuring 39w but I'm not... I'm 36 - baby has to wait, that's all I can say.

But I checked myself today and I could solidly feel baby's head - solid - it was so cool!!!
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#15 of 17 Old 08-04-2006, 09:30 AM

(((KarmaChameleon)))
#16 of 17 Old 08-04-2006, 09:32 AM

Thanks Zimmee -- i actually really needed that. I am trying to be positive and all that stuff., I am just so uncomfortable and today I am in a really bad mood. I think I am going to be throwing myself a pity party complete with brownie sundaes for breakfast.
#17 of 17 Old 08-04-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks Zimmee -- i actually really needed that. I am trying to be positive and all that stuff., I am just so uncomfortable and today I am in a really bad mood. I think I am going to be throwing myself a pity party complete with brownie sundaes for breakfast.
: Poor Karma Yes, I think a pity party & brownies for breaky are definitely in order!!!

I hope you can get more comfortable... somehow....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page