Full Moon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2006, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't explain why, but I really want the baby before the moon wanes. It's not because I'm getting impatient. For some reason, I feel like I should have the baby before the full moon goes away (or at least gets noticeable smaller).

Such a weird feeling!

I'm going to try to get some rest, just in case something happens the next few days.

Anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Um yeah, but that might just be because my due date was 8/6 & I'm starting school 8/30
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 AM

My due date is tomorrow, the date of the full moon. If I don't have this baby by tomorrow night, I will scream! :P

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 AM

Today has been my anticipated labor day and tomorrow delivery day since the beginning of this pregnancy. I thought the full moon was a good sign but so far not a hint of anything.. hmmm we'll see!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Four years ago today I went into labor with DS#1. Tomorrow is my due date and DS's b-day. We have no link left on our "Baby Chain" (we've torn one link off everyday to mark the progress of time).

OKay, where IS he??????
Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary99
Four years ago today I went into labor with DS#1. Tomorrow is my due date and DS's b-day. We have no link left on our "Baby Chain" (we've torn one link off everyday to mark the progress of time).

OKay, where IS he??????
Oh my gosh, I never noticed that on your siggy!!! This sounds like a stupid question, but did you plan 2 August babies? How cool is it that #2's EDB happens to be on #1's bday!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 PM

I'm wondering if there will be a rash of births tomorrow night...My midwife believes that the full moon has an effect. All I know is that we're "due" on Thursday and my patience ran out with a bang yesterday!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 PM

I'm with you on patience running out with a bang. A couple days ago mine went through a big growth spurt or something. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like there was an anvil in my stomach! Since then everything's been newly heavy and exhausting. All day long after the anvil wake-up he was shuffling his legs around and really banging on my ribs. Finally I said, "You know, if it's getting too cramped in there, you can come out now. I wouldn't blame you. I hate it when I can't stretch my legs, too." And he suddenly stopped the shuffling and has been more gentle ever since. So maybe this means he wants to stay a while longer. But still, with the heavy and exhausting.

I would love to have this baby on the full moon, but I'm torn. My primary midwife goes on vacation tomorrow until a few days before my due date (the 19th)! Back-up mw is cool, but I'm so much more attached to my main one...

Things just seem to make such sense when they coincide with lunar cycles. One of my cats got lost once on a full moon and came back on the next one.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:40 PM

There's just something cool about the full moon. I would LOVE to have a baby born on the full moon. It would just be really cool. I know that's silly, but I don't care!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:01 PM

Agreed!! Since I am due TODAY, I think that it is growing ever more likely that the full moon and this baby might coincide... fingers crossed, anyway
Old 08-08-2006, 03:34 PM

I love the moon and it would be neat to have the baby on a full moon (we got married on a full moon day

Unfortunately, my due date is not until the 21st, so I'm not gonna hold my breath! But we'll see...

--k
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Well, there's also the new moon, which is I think Aug. 23. My midwife told me she actually has more babies come around new moons than full moons.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

New moons and full moons have pretty much the same effect on tides, it's just that one is between us and the sun, and the other is when we're inbetween the moon and the sun. Supposedly, the effect on bringing on labor has to do with the bag of waters, which makes sense to me. Apparently the women whose bags break spontaneously generally have that happen around the full moon. (something I read, so take it with a grain of salt.)
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka
New moons and full moons have pretty much the same effect on tides, it's just that one is between us and the sun, and the other is when we're inbetween the moon and the sun. Supposedly, the effect on bringing on labor has to do with the bag of waters, which makes sense to me. Apparently the women whose bags break spontaneously generally have that happen around the full moon. (something I read, so take it with a grain of salt.)
That's really interesting... I'd never heard any theories as to why & always assumed that it had something to do w/ the same reason why women's menstrual cycles are regulated by the moon (?)
Old 08-08-2006, 08:34 PM

This is off topic, I think, but possibly related. My midwife's apprentice explained to me why it's better for a baby to be on the left than the right, because I couldn't figure how it would matter either way. She says when the water breaks, it swirls out clockwise like a drain, so if the baby's on the right s/he has to swirl around almost a full circle, whereas from the left it's's just a small swirl. My DH asked if babies in Australia are better off starting from the right than the left, and she didn't know.

It's so interesting how interconnected we are to the planet, in ways you wouldn't even think of!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but my last child was born on a full moon, and my water didn't break until I was crowning.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebemommy
Well, there's also the new moon, which is I think Aug. 23. My midwife told me she actually has more babies come around new moons than full moons.
I'm hoping for a new moon baby. :
Old 08-09-2006, 02:06 AM

I'll second that new moon babe!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Oh my gosh, I never noticed that on your siggy!!! This sounds like a stupid question, but did you plan 2 August babies? How cool is it that #2's EDB happens to be on #1's bday!!!
There has been no planning involved with any pregnancies over here. We struggled for years with IF troubles. Apparently I am only fertile in the month of November, lol! Just a coincidence.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Apparently the women whose bags break spontaneously generally have that happen around the full moon. (something I read, so take it with a grain of salt.)
Creepily enough, my water spontaneously broke this morning. I'm totally not ready to have this baby - maybe that's why I'm not contracting yet at all? I still have two weeks til my due date, and while I know logically that some people's babies come this early, I never believed it would happen to me. (DS came right on the due date I calculated for him, based on ovulation). Plus I never ever thought I'd have a spontaneous rupture. Doesn't that only happen 10% of the time??

SO anyway, here I am. I have a boatload of stuff to take care of today so I guess I better get to it, and quit posting lol. Hopefully I'll take care of all my chores today, get a good night's sleep, and wake up in labor tomorrow when I've had 24 hours to accept the fact that the baby is coming

Suzanne
Old 08-09-2006, 02:20 PM

I was just coming here to post that it was weird that we haven't had any full moon babies! It looks like we might soon! My water broke spontaneously with my son! Good luck to you - don't wear yourself out before your labor starts!!! Save your energy mama.

User Tag List