baby moving during contractions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the only thing that I'm finding terribly painful at the moment is when the baby moves during a contraction. & this happens fairly frequently... I know it's gotta be a good sign that baby's not distressed by the contractions, but PLEASE tell me baby's not going to have a party the ENTIRE time I'm in labor!

What's been your experience mamas?
#2 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Mine certainly moved during labor, but I don't recall a lot of movement during a contraction. Of course near the end I probably was too preoccupied to notice.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Oh no, they won't typically do that a lot. The good thing is that they adjust themselves to be in a better position but I've found that they actually slow down their movements and conserve their energy in labor.

And yeah, that hurts doesn't it? Ouch!
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#4 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Krista, did you find the movements painful during labor?
#5 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Jenn, Croissant ALWAYS moves during contractions and it definately hurts worse too. But it is a comfort to know she isn't bothered...actually my theory is that she is annoyed cause she is getting squished and is fighting back!
#6 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 PM

My baby is moving a lot during BH contractions also. She has had a huge tendency to kick my cervix somehow. I just feel it there a lot more than I did with first daughter. This baby is also more sudden and strong in her kicks. Considering how strong my first daughter is, then this baby is going to be super strong.

Sometimes she moves so much, I can't tell if it's her movement or a contraction. I wouldn't say it's painful, but it's certainly uncomfortable to say the least.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#7 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 PM

This baby has certainly picked up in activity over the last few days. Seems to be struggling to get in a comfortable position. When it coincides with a contraction, it is not the most comfortable thing in the world. But I do think I remember dd really slowing down when I was in active labor.
#8 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 06:45 PM

Oh, I hate it when the babies kick during labor. Yes, Jen, I found it quite painful. I remember distinctly during my last labor saying, "Please baby, just be still - this hurts enough without you kicking - come on - be still - pretty, pretty please!"
#9 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 07:02 PM

I don't remember any movement during labor, isn't that weird? But there was enough other hurty stuff to take my mind off of it if she was moving.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#10 of 15 Old 08-11-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Krista, did you find the movements painful during labor?
Nope, not at all this time. But that's because I had nice breaks between contractions for a change!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#11 of 15 Old 08-12-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing you experiences, support & commiseration
#12 of 15 Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM

This girl definitely moves during contractions, and it's none too comfy! I was just wondering about that today, whether she'll be squirming around when I'm actually in labor. I hope not!!!
#13 of 15 Old 08-17-2006, 05:30 PM

But.... but.... I WANNA FEEL CONTRACTIONS!!! Waaaaaaaaaah! :

I guess this is a case of danged if'n you do, danged if'n you don't. I can't really provide any help whatsoever, except maybe one little voice that is jealous of the pain you're experiencing, because you know you're getting somewhere helpful! That's right-- i'm envious of your contractions and pain. How messed up is that?? :

Hope it gets better for you!
#14 of 15 Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 PM

Magpie: The problem is just because I am having tons of contractions doesn't mean I am any closer to labor than you are...your body can have tons of toning contractions and it doesn't always bring labor one contraction closer...that is why I have kind of laid off on trying to walk myself into labor and such. My midwife told me if it makes you happy and you feel good, keep doing it but if your only rational is that it gives you contractions and you wind up sore afterwards, that doesn't necessarily mean your labor is one day closer. So don't bother to suffer for nothing.
So anyways, my point is try to not let it bother you too much that you aren't having contractions. You could still be the next one of us to go (doesn't that sound like we are all ticking time bombs waiting to explode? ).
#15 of 15 Old 08-17-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
(doesn't that sound like we are all ticking time bombs waiting to explode? ).

I certainly feel like it!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page