I SOOO don't want to go in to labor tonight! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I thought it would be fun to post this since it seems like there are so many mamas just ready for her baby to come.

Last night I had a couple of ctx in the middle of the night, then a couple more during my nap today. Nothing interesting. I really wore myself out taking walks with DD. One last night and one this afternoon and now I'm feeling all wierd and almost sick tonight. Very similar to how I felt the night I went in to labor with DD. Plus, today my mw said I would probably go in to labor "soon".

I was just sitting here thinking, I don't want to go in to labor tonight! I feel yucky, and I'm not ready! LOL

Anyone else have moments where they just really aren't ready for labor to start?
#2 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dentist is going to get me in tomorrow at 3pm to fix my tooth, so I REALLY don't want to go into labor tonight. I want my tooth fixed first!!!
#3 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 09:42 AM

Depends on the day. Most days I want it to happen. But I just finished reading this book called Misconceptions by Naomi Wolf (which was very good) and even though from a medical standpoint and labor-wise it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know it talked a lot about people's experiences with their marriages changing and THAT kind of scared me a bit. My marriage is the best it has ever been and while I know it is going to change, the emphasis was completely focused on the changes for the worse. I don't want to be looking suspiciously at DH when I am in labor wondering what he is gonna do to piss me off for the next year. So I kind of hope labor delays till I get that book out of my head.
#4 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 AM

My due date is Friday, but Bob Dylan (my favorite) is playing nearby at a baseball stadium that evening, so I really don't want to go into labor before then. I have no idea when I will ever be able to go to a concert again. However, making plans will probably jinx me.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#5 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 11:24 AM

I have a terrible head cold, so does dh, so I would really prefer to feel better first.

Hey Norajane! Where is the concert? I am in Chapel Hill, and my edd is Saturday!
#6 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 11:38 AM

The concert is in winston salem at ernie shore field. it's kind of expensive (50 bucks a ticket), but kids under 12 get in free!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#7 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 12:29 PM

Just moments... but not many.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#8 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 12:49 PM

I'm not due until Sunday, but I don't feel at all ready for this baby to be born. I'm really trying to see if there's something holding me back in my mind, but I think I've just had a hard time focusing on this pregnancy and baby with everything that's going on. We moved recently, and ds has kept me pretty busy. I also don't really feel very pregnant (physically). I know I'm lucky in that I don't have much discomfort this late in pregnancy, but with ds it was a lot easier to be ready for the birth because I was sick of being pregnant. Our new midwife is out of town until the 24th as well, so maybe after she gets back I'll suddenly feel ready for the birth.
#9 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I made it through the night. LOTS of ctx on and off, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

I think I'm just in denial
#10 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM

I had one of those moments too last night! I was having lower abdominal pain that woke me up and I was like "No! I haven't had a chance to do my week of garlic for the GBS!" It turned out to be gas. I just love the last few weeks of pg.

SummerTwilight...I've read that book too and I think she's a little dramatic about that point. Yes, DH and I probably had our roughest moments ever after DD was born (but we'd had absolutely NO major problems before that and pretty much smooth sailing the whole time), but most of it was just due to sleep deprivation and both of us adjusting to the HUGE responsibility of being in charge of a new life. After that sort of stuff settled out (which it does, and quickly) we have never been closer. I feel like we are just this amazing team now, and I can't imagine what I would do without him. Seeing him with our daughter makes me melt and it gave me a whole other side of him to discover and love.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#11 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 PM

I want a virgo, so I don't want to go into labor for at least a week. I'm such a dork.
#12 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 05:37 PM

AmieV: Thanks! That is really a relief to hear! I don't mind change but it makes it sound like you can expect the loss of your friendship to your mate and I am not ready for THAT at all!!
#13 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 05:45 PM

:

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#14 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 05:50 PM

SummerTwilight...
DH and I's relationship changed, but we didn't experience the all-of-a-sudden-rocky stuff of a new baby - it just kind of morphed and we had some small heated discussions about the division of labor in our house since I was busy with a baby all day... but otherwise, that was it. He has slowly taken on more responsibility and become a Dad in the years we've had our boys... it was certainly not an instantaneous thing for him. That said, we had our share of "rocky" through the first few years of marriage - sans kiddos.

SO, this time, I just know he'll do even better than he has done - and that's pretty good - so I wouldn't worry... each relationship is unique.
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#15 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 05:51 PM

I have a shower at work tomorrow during lunch, and I don't want to tell them I'm not coming back until after my shower....so I really don't want this shower delayed. So, just until tomorrow would be great.

Of course, my due date isn't even until 8/25, so it's a moot point probably. My dh is just adamant that the baby not come during his favorite NASCAR race on 8/26. ROFL
#16 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pease
I want a virgo, so I don't want to go into labor for at least a week. I'm such a dork.
So I am too lazy to look it up, if our babies were born right now, what sign would they be?

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#17 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
So I am too lazy to look it up, if our babies were born right now, what sign would they be?
I was going to ask this same question! I looked it up and they would be Leos. I don't even think I know any Leos, so I don't know if that's good or bad

Oh, and Hi Paxye! nice to see you!
#18 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers
I was going to ask this same question! I looked it up and they would be Leos. I don't even think I know any Leos, so I don't know if that's good or bad

Oh, and Hi Paxye! nice to see you!
Hi!

I'm a Leo :

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#19 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS

Of course, my due date isn't even until 8/25, so it's a moot point probably. My dh is just adamant that the baby not come during his favorite NASCAR race on 8/26. ROFL
I am just lucky that this is August and that the important sports to my dh are not happening right now. Let's see, Carolina Basketball hasn't started, Philly Eagles Football preseason has started, but he hasn't gotten rabid about it yet, the Tour de France is over...:

And my dd is a Leo. Having 2 Leo's in the family may prove to be quite a challenge to this Capricorn girl here. Mama headstrong, meet your children, stubborn 1 and stubborn 2.
#20 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmom

And my dd is a Leo. Having 2 Leo's in the family may prove to be quite a challenge to this Capricorn girl here. Mama headstrong, meet your children, stubborn 1 and stubborn 2.
May I ask what sign you are? I'm a Libra and quite headstrong, as well. DD #1 is a Gemini, and wow, is SHE ever stubborn. I hoping the next is maybe a bit, more, um, compliant ? This DD is supposed to be a Virgo, based on the due date, but who knows. Ah, well. Either way we'll figure it out!
#21 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Okay, I thought it would be fun to post this since it seems like there are so many mamas just ready for her baby to come.

I was just sitting here thinking, I don't want to go in to labor tonight! I feel yucky, and I'm not ready! LOL

Anyone else have moments where they just really aren't ready for labor to start?
I feel like that most of the time. I keep thinking, I'm not ready yet. My daughter is still sick, I want her over this cold. Plus she just got another tooth in last night..lower left lateral incisor, which made for a trying night last night. DH tried briefly to comfort her when she woke up. I got her a bottle of milk and some vicks. He tries to give her the milk and she pushes it away and throws herself backwards, so he gets mad and throws her bottle on the floor. I take her (not easy reaching across him while 9 months pregnant to lift a 24 pound toddler). I cradled her in my arms, rocked her, kissed her forehead, smoothed her hair, offered her the bottle and pacifier, which she alternately rejected and accepted, until after 15 minutes she stopped sobbing. I didn't know then that a tooth was coming in. I thought she was just uncomfortable from her cold, and her drippy snot was waking her up coughing. Well, this morning, I saw the new tooth had just cut through her gum. Poor baby, she was hurting last night and I didn't even know it. And GRRRrrr at dh for being short-tempered and completely unhelpful. He has been so stressing me out lately. I figure this baby has to wait until dad's mood improves before arriving.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#22 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
that's funny, I was thinking somewhat the same thing. If this baby comes before the 23rd, we'll have a little leo, and if after that, we'll have a virgo. Our daughter is a gemini, moon in pisces. I'm a cancer, moon in aries, and dh is a capricorn, moon in virgo. Oh, dh and I both have mars in leo.

I was testing out dates on an astrology website. http://alabe.com/freechart/ I found out this baby would have to be born after 12 pm on August 23rd, in order to be a virgo. I guess I just have too much time on my hands right now. Of course, I live in Alaska, so it would be different for those of you in different time zones.
That would make me 41 weeks + 2 days ... so who knows, leo,virgo. whatever.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#23 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 PM

I was just reading this free chart based on the made up date of August 23 2006 6:00 AM Time Zone is YDT Anchorage, AK

Well, the weird thing is, lots of the planets are in leo or virgo. So even if she was a virgo, she'd still have a lot of leo traits. I copy pasted the interpretation here for those who are curious.

Rising Sign is in 24 Degrees Leo
You love to be the center of attention and you want to appear strong, confident and dominant. You are very proud of yourself, sometimes quite vain even. When all around you are bedraggled and falling apart, you look like a million bucks! Very dignified and honorable, you enjoy the power and privilege, but not the responsibilities, that come with leadership. You are very idealistic but can also be quite stubborn. Others impress you only if they have integrity (but wealth, power and influence can also turn your head). You prefer rich, elegant surroundings and possessions, and will try to acquire them as your budget allows. Physically, you are very impressive - - at your best you have a regal, charismatic demeanor and bearing. Try not to be such a showoff!

Sun is in 00 Degrees Virgo.
Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 27 Degrees Leo.
You always want to be proud of yourself and will never do anything that will make yourself look bad. You need the respect and admiration of others and enjoy attracting attention to yourself. Everything you do tends to be self-emphasized and self-exaggerated. Very stubborn, willful and independent yourself, be sure to allow others who are close to you the similar right to "be themselves." Your need for love, affection and reassurance, and your tendency toward vanity, allow you to have your head easily turned by flattery. The more insecure you are, the more you tend to be a showoff. You love games and sports as a matter of fact, you would usually rather play than work. Be careful of a tendency to be snobbish and uppity -- it does not become you.

Mercury is in 21 Degrees Leo.
You are usually quite convinced that your own ideas are correct and you enjoy persuading others that they are. At times, you are very stubborn and proud of your beliefs and principles, and you get very defensive when they are challenged. You appreciate truth and honesty -- you practice it yourself and expect it in others. You have good talent for organizing, directing and planning. You delight in being asked for your advice and counsel.

Venus is in 13 Degrees Leo.
You have a striking, regal appearance and demeanor that attracts others to you. Your friendship is highly sought and you tend to take friendships quite seriously -- you remain loyal and true to those to whom you are attached. For you, love is mixed with pride and respect. Relationships are over when you lose respect for your partner. Be careful of a tendency to relate only to those who make you look good -- the powerful, important and influential. This can lead to arrogance and selfishness, and neither of these qualities becomes you.

Mars is in 20 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions, preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are. Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.

Jupiter is in 12 Degrees Scorpio.
You love to dig deep beneath surface appearances in order to find out what is really happening. A persistent researcher, you are very interested in the psychology of any situation. You tend to become overwhelmed by the complexity of what you uncover, however, and that makes you a bit gun-shy about explaining things to others. But you must learn to try to communicate as best you can because what you know is really very valuable to others.

Saturn is in 16 Degrees Leo.
Extremely self-reliant, you set very high standards of conduct and decorum for yourself, and you expect others with whom you associate to be that way, too. It is important that you had a strong father figure or role model early in life to mold your life course and direction. When you feel that those around you are unworthy or behaving badly, you withdraw, preferring solitude rather than associating with those who might besmirch your reputation.

Uranus is in 13 Degrees Pisces.
You, and most of your peers, are extremely idealistic and want to change society by completely reorienting its highest religious goals and aspirations. Just be careful to make sure that your new goal structures are properly grounded in reality so that they have a chance of being accepted by the majority.

Neptune is in 18 Degrees Aquarius.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize and even venerate the ability to remain detached as well as the ability to objectively analyze any given situation. There will be a concerted effort on your part to cure the ills of society as a whole. But be very careful to continue to maintain and protect the rights of individuals in the midst of these potentially far-reaching changes.

Pluto is in 24 Degrees Sagittarius.
For your entire generation, society's cherished beliefs and totems will be radically changed. Many traditional concepts will be totally altered, if not completely destroyed. The rights of individuals to pursue their own course in life will be reasserted.

N. Node is in 25 Degrees Pisces.
You're attracted to others who need your assistance. You seem to go out of your way to form relationships with those who are weak, sick, injured, addicted or troubled in some way or other. At your best you can indeed provide the relief that others need. But at times you can be victimized by those who would prey on your good nature and take advantage of you. This can lead to all sorts of negative situations -- make sure that those you assist are truly worthy of your time, energy and commitment. A little enlightened self-protectiveness on your part can make your life work much, much smoother!

#24 of 27 Old 08-16-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
May I ask what sign you are? I'm a Libra and quite headstrong, as well. DD #1 is a Gemini, and wow, is SHE ever stubborn. I hoping the next is maybe a bit, more, um, compliant ? This DD is supposed to be a Virgo, based on the due date, but who knows. Ah, well. Either way we'll figure it out!
I am a Capricorn, DH is a Gemini. Whether you believe in astrology or not, we have a household of very stubborn people who generally tend to think we are always right! So unless we go past the 23rd (which is very possible - edd is the 19th) ds will be a leo as well.
#25 of 27 Old 08-17-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
I am virgo and about the furthest from compliant you can get! Seriously, I am VERY stubborn.

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#26 of 27 Old 08-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
I am virgo and about the furthest from compliant you can get! Seriously, I am VERY stubborn.
I'm a virgo and I was the perfect child. : Easy going, compliant, eager to please, good student, helpful, etc.

As I've gotten older, I've, ahem, come into my own, I suppose.
#27 of 27 Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
lol, I feel the same way! Despite wanting a virgo and not actually being due until the 26th, I am starting to feel like waiting is getting harder and harder!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page