What kind of labor pattern is this?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I thought with the second baby things just happen, well, faster. So far, this labor is looking eerily like it did with DD#1 and that is pretty scary to me because I lost my energy to cope and ended up in the hospital with an epidural and pitocin.

I've been up all night. Literally. I rested, a bit, but I didn't sleep at all. I have had ctx pretty regularily since about 11:00 pm. Most of them are pretty strong (like I have to breathe through them and focus), but the kicker is they aren't close together. Maybe at best 5 minutes, but most more like 10-15.

I called my mw at about 3:00 am and she said to take a bath and try to get some sleep and call her when things picked up. Well, I took the bath, tried to sleep, things are kinda sorta maybe picking up now?

If this labor is anything like my first this baby won't be born until tomorrow afternoon. I can't do this that long!

Any words of wisdom, mamas? I feel like I'm being a big baby, but I'm super exhausted, and I can't imagine these ctx stopping, slowing down OR picking up!
#2 of 5 Old 08-17-2006, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Just because things have started out similarly doesn't mean they will continue that way. You can do it. Try to rest when you can to save your strength.
#3 of 5 Old 08-17-2006, 12:51 PM

Don't get nervous!! Don't think negativly!! Your labor has started out slow but anything can happen!! Your a super momma who has gone through months and months of carring this child and you can do it!!
#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2006, 12:59 PM

Oh mama! Hang in there, you can definitely do this. But, PLEASE try to get some rest now before those ctx get stronger and closer together. That will do a world of good for you.

My labor was similar to yours (strong ctx, close together, but was progressing SLOWLY), dh made me take a nap early on and it really helped. Even if you can't get to sleep, even trying the side-lying position to conserve energy would be helpful.

We're rooting for you mama!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#5 of 5 Old 08-17-2006, 10:30 PM

Remember the natural alignment plateau! it may be happening to you where you are contracting for a long time, staying at the same cm dilation, and then BOOM, in a few contractions you'll open right up. REST, REST, REST if you can! try a lot of different positions, too, if you can't sleep. Don't let your fears sneak up on you - this IS a different baby and a different experience. WE're all pulling for you!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page