"well, don't have your baby here!" (vent) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-21-2006, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many times have you late August DD'ers heard this lately? every time someone asks me when I'm due and I tell them 2 weeks, 10 days, whatever, the smart comment is "Whoa! Well, don't go and have that baby here on me!" I've heard this at the dentist office and my friend's MIL's house. Not that this matters because the coment makes no sense either way, but both of these places are within 5 minutes of my house.

Why do people think I'm so bent on giving birth on their watch? Buddy, I don't want to give birth at the dentist's office anymore than you want me to!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#2 of 6 Old 08-21-2006, 08:21 PM

I had an 85 year old female checker say this to me at the pharmacy... then she proceeded to say, don't walk too fast, she might just fall out!!!

Believe me, at this point, with an induction scheduled for tomorrrow for medical reasons which are, by and large, legitimate (so nervous, but trying to be okay with it).... I'd be okay with starting labor at Walgreens!
#3 of 6 Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 PM

Oh man... I got that a couple times at the end too, and isn't it just obnoxious?? I was to the point where even if my water had broken at Target, the supermarket, or even at CHURCH I would have cheered for joy! Why can't people just congratulate us at the end of pregnancy? Not only for the upcoming arrival, but for making it all the way through with sanity intact!

Hang in there girls... There IS a light at the end of the tunnel that is not an oncoming train.
#4 of 6 Old 08-26-2006, 10:58 AM

I am 9 days overdue and have been getting that for a while now. As well as being told I shouldn't drive or go anywhere by myself. It isn't like the babe is going to come the instant I feel my first contraction. 9not that I would complain if he/she did)
#5 of 6 Old 08-26-2006, 05:29 PM

my water aerobics instructor (it's a reg class--not prenatal) would always point out who the nurses were to me.

as if my baby just popped out! 17 freakin hours it took!
#6 of 6 Old 08-26-2006, 09:21 PM

I'm due Sept. 10 and one co-worker has said something like this to me, every time she sees me, for the past week. Lady, I have no intention of birthing of this baby at my cubicle! And 3+ weeks early? No thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page