Ok, HOW late are you? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I know I am not the only over-due mama on MDC but it feels it at this moment. Actually it really just feels like I will always be pregnant. I said to my midwife yesterday as I wrote out check for week 41 "I can envision myself writing check 57, check 123, forever."
So, I am exactly 7 days late now.
How late are the rest of you? I want to know there is no one here who just never had their baby EVER like I feel!:
So this is the countdown for most overdue mama so far.
#2 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Hi there SummerT!
funny, we posted at the exact same moment.

i'm not overdue yet (5 days and nights to go) but wow do I feel ready.

Pesky due dates....
Sending you good vibes!
Where are you in NE?

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#3 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Avi

I too am a week overdue. I've been doing everything to try to get this baby to drop more - I'm thinking he'll have teeth when he finally comes out.
#4 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM

I'm here, and am exactly one day overdue

Have no signs of labor, and I'm pretty sure baby has decided it's nice and safe and comfy in my belly, and doesn't really have any motivation to come out!

This opinion was reinforced after I saw Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" the other day...even I think it's safer in my belly at this point...

Hopefully things will move along soon for all of us!

They do have to come out sometime, right??
#5 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM

12 days overdue today. Last one was three weeks late. We are positive about the dates, plus the ultrasound and blood work matches up with our due date. Just takes me a bit longer I guess.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#6 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Melaya, is there any point where they WON'T let you go longer? I am having a HB so the time isn't as crucial as a hospital but I still assume at SOME point they will do something if she doesn't come on her own.
Louloubean: I live in Central MA and it already is starting to feel like fall!
#7 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 01:47 PM

I am 40 weeks and 5 days. SummerT, I understand EXACTLY what you mean about one feeling as if they are going to be pregnant for the rest of eternity.

I feel pressure about being "overdue". The thing I HATE is when people assume that I must have my dates wrong or something. I guess they think that since every woman in my family has gone early that I should, too. Bah. :

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#8 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I had that too. I am pretty small and because of this EVERYONE said I wouldn't carry to full term. Well, here it is a week beyond that and everyone is SHOCKED! They said they didn't think my body would even hold a baby to 40 weeks. Very positive thinkers. I am short, not defective in some way.
#9 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM

OT: SummerTwilight, where in Central MA? I amj in Eastern MA, Plymouth, and my DH is from Central MA originally.

Oh, and I was a week overdue, went into labor that morning.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#10 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Well, I am two days late by my ovulation day and a day late by the midwife's little wheel thingy. I'm actually okay with it. My tooth pain has calmed down, so that's good. I just got back from my mw appt a little while ago, and everything looks great (baby's big - it'll be interesting to see how big - she thinks at least 9 pounds). I know I could have asked her about starting certain things like black/blue cohosh, but I don't want to do that again. I want to let nature take its course. It's funny because we both thought I'd go early since this baby has always been big and LOW, but he has his own plans I guess. It's weird a few days ago I was really freaked and now I'm actually pretty calm and somewhat patient. I get less patient in the evenings when my body is sore and tired, but that's normal I suppose.
#11 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM

I am 2 days overdue and not handling it well. I have started having irrational thoughts, like I will never go into labor and somehow my body doesn't work right. I am *sick* of people calling and asking me if I've had the baby yet. I'm not answering the phone anymore.
#12 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 02:49 PM

I am 3 days overdue now - sounds like a plane arrival or a library book. I was 3 cm yesterday at my mw appointment so just trying to walk this baby out of me. I am thinking if I can just get to 4, then active labor will start.

Oh, and I am so jealous of those of you with a fall like climate already. I am in NC and it is hot and incredibly humid here right now. I would kill for a cool breeze right now.
#13 of 30 Old 08-22-2006, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Boobyfeeder: I live in Paxton which is one town North of Worcester...where was your hubby from?
#14 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 AM

I am 7 days "overdue" today. I, too know exactly when I concieved. I am not worried about it, but I do admit I entertain the irrational thought that I will be in the Guiness Book of World Records for the longest pregnancy EVER! I hate fielding questions about if the baby has come yet. :

I am sooooooo done with this pregnancy. I realllllly dont want to be pregnant anymore. Plus, I am dying to know if I am having a boy or girl. I am hoping I will know in a few days. :
#15 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 10:34 AM

I'm not "due" for 5 more days, but I really thought I was going to go earlier this time. So now I'm really antsy and frustrated. With my first I was much happier at this point, because I assumed I would go late and got a happy surprise when DD arrived 4 days before my EDD. I'm doing my best not to think about it and am trying to convince myself mentally that I have another 3 weeks to go so I'll stop getting myself worked up thinking every twinge I feel is the beginning of labor.
#16 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat4mel
I am 2 days overdue and not handling it well. I have started having irrational thoughts, like I will never go into labor and somehow my body doesn't work right. I am *sick* of people calling and asking me if I've had the baby yet. I'm not answering the phone anymore.
Etch this one in stone and slap it around my neck. That's exactly how I feel. I'm in some listless, endless, hopeless limbo. I don't want to work, and I don't want to be at home. I'm bored when i'm awake and irritated when i'm asleep. I don't want to be alone, but people are driving me insane. When the baby moves a lot, i'm thinking "Quit moving and come out!", and when she hasn't moved in a while, i'm like "Omigah, baby, are you okay?!?"

This is like the worst case of PMS i've ever had. Argh! :
#17 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=magpiedee] I'm in some listless, endless, hopeless limbo... I'm bored when i'm awake and irritated when i'm asleep. I don't want to be alone, but people are driving me insane. When the baby moves a lot, i'm thinking "Quit moving and come out!", and when she hasn't moved in a while, i'm like "Omigah, baby, are you okay?!?" QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!
#18 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Boobyfeeder: I live in Paxton which is one town North of Worcester...where was your hubby from?
I used to have an apartment in Rutland, and DH is from Oakham. His folks still live up there.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#19 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 12:59 PM

13 days overdue now. But I did lose my plug last night. So just maybe I'll go into labor before tommorow. :

#20 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 01:33 PM

I'm three days over right now. Not so bad. The anticipation was killing me, but then my midwife checked me on my due date and said she guessed it would be another week or so. That calmed me down, just let me feel like I could do a few things this week. I've been working on getting this baby going, and there's been plenty of false labor, plenty of BH, mucous plug two days ago, and baby's way ready, like at "0" and all positioned. Who knows what's the hold up. I do think he was waiting to be a Virgo, and today's the day for that. Or maybe he's got free cable in there.
#21 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 02:30 PM

I was only 3 days overdue with my first.
I was way off with my dates with my second because I got pregnant so soon while nursing an infant. If I had known I was actually 43+ weeks pregnant before the birth I'm sure I would have lost my mind completely.
Hang in there. You are all doing a wonderful job.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#22 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 PM

6 days over. I am feeling like I will be pregnant forever too. I broke down and took some homeopathics yesterday but nothing happened anyway. I am planning a hb but if I get to 43 weeks I will be induced in the hospital.
#23 of 30 Old 08-23-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I was way off with my dates with my second because I got pregnant so soon while nursing an infant. If I had known I was actually 43+ weeks pregnant before the birth I'm sure I would have lost my mind completely.
That's what happened during my first pregnancy. We had no idea when my due date really was. But months after she was born, we did the math. Turns out I had her at just about 43 weeks pregnant. I'm glad that I didn't know at the time. It might have driven me crazy.

#24 of 30 Old 08-24-2006, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Boobyfeeder: Neighbors!!! There is also another August mama from Holden so a few of us close together!

Melaya and Vegan: 43 weeks?!?! Please don't say that. I am only surviving on the thought that inevitably I WILL go into labor before next Wed when I hit 42 weeks...SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!
#25 of 30 Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah - I have this total fear of going over 2 weeks (I am 5 days over now) as I would not be allowed to birth at the birthing center, but would have to do a hospital birth - something I want to totally avoid. Come on Baby!!!
#26 of 30 Old 08-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmom
Yeah - I have this total fear of going over 2 weeks (I am 5 days over now) as I would not be allowed to birth at the birthing center, but would have to do a hospital birth - something I want to totally avoid. Come on Baby!!!
This is starting to be my fear, losing my homebirth shot at 42 weeks. My midwife said we'd do stuff to induce near the end of 41, but that sounds like misery as well. It's so frustrating to be on a timeline.
#27 of 30 Old 08-24-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebemommy
Or maybe he's got free cable in there.

Yeah, I think that's what's going on with my baby. I'm 6 days past, and I'm ready to kill the next person that calls and says "are you still pregnant?" These are people I told I will call within 24 hours of delivery. Gosh!! Do they think I'm lying or something?

I was sure I would go into labor early, everyone in my family, and my husband's family has gone at least 12 days early. I've been expecting this kid since 37 weeks, and I feel like I'm going out of my mind!!:

My poor husband, people at work keep saying to him "when are you going to have that baby?" like he's the one giving birth or something. We are getting more stressed out by the day.

I had a long talk with my baby this morning and I told her that it is safe out here, that I will protect her. Evidently she's worried about the germs in the sink from the dishes I've left for the past 2 weeks, because after the long talk, I had this really strong impression I should do the dishes, and clear off my desk (who knows what could be hiding and possibly growing under that stack of papers?)
I'm off to clean.
I hope it works.

~Moose
#28 of 30 Old 08-25-2006, 08:19 AM

I'm five days past my due date, but I'm not feeling that bad about it at this point. My mom has been here for a week and she leaves on Sunday, so I would like to have the baby before she goes. Otherwise she'll be making another trip up from FL to see the baby sometime next month. DS is having a great time with her, so it would be great if he could go hang out with her during the birth.

I have a prenatal today, so I guess I'll be asking my midwife how late she's comfortable with me birthing at home.
#29 of 30 Old 08-25-2006, 09:32 AM

5 days late and feel like i'm in the movie Groundhog Day. Wake up 6 times a night, disappointed each time to feel fine. Wake up in the morning, disappointed to feel completely normal. Go through the motions, get to work, mark another day off my pregnancy calendar, deal with irritating remarks, wait to go home and do it all over again. This is hell.

Plus, my favorite midwife, the most experienced one with the best midwife mojo, is on call this week, and I think the least experienced is on call next week. Although I like her very much, i'd still like my favorite. And my doula is leaving town next Tuesday. Talk about pressure! Being overdue sucks the hairy bird. I'm starting to lose hope.
#30 of 30 Old 08-25-2006, 11:15 AM

I am with you ladies! I am 6 days over today and feel normal (well, as normal as a 9+month pregnant woman can feel). My favorite MW is on call over the weekend and has been for most of the week, so I am hoping this weekend will bring something. I am trying not to get my hopes up, though. I am thinking I should just go ahead and schedule my NST and U/S for next week as I just can't see that there is an end in sight! My mom is here as well, with plans to stay as long as I need her, but I feel guilty about it! She is a teacher and was due to start class with her students today. She has a sub for today and monday, but we are totally playing it by ear for the rest. She loves her job, loves the first few weeks of school, so I hate it that she is here playing the waiting game with me. I do need her here to take care of my 2 year old, though. She has been here since Aug 4, sitting around, waiting for a baby!

I really HATE this limbo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page