Mothering Forum banner

Ok, HOW late are you?

1K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Sailmom 
#1 ·
Well, I know I am not the only over-due mama on MDC but it feels it at this moment. Actually it really just feels like I will always be pregnant. I said to my midwife yesterday as I wrote out check for week 41 "I can envision myself writing check 57, check 123, forever."
So, I am exactly 7 days late now.
How late are the rest of you? I want to know there is no one here who just never had their baby EVER like I feel!
:
So this is the countdown for most overdue mama so far.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm here, and am exactly one day overdue

Have no signs of labor, and I'm pretty sure baby has decided it's nice and safe and comfy in my belly, and doesn't really have any motivation to come out!

This opinion was reinforced after I saw Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" the other day...even I think it's safer in my belly at this point...

Hopefully things will move along soon for all of us!

They do have to come out sometime, right??

#6 ·
Melaya, is there any point where they WON'T let you go longer? I am having a HB so the time isn't as crucial as a hospital but I still assume at SOME point they will do something if she doesn't come on her own.
Louloubean: I live in Central MA and it already is starting to feel like fall!

#7 ·
I am 40 weeks and 5 days. SummerT, I understand EXACTLY what you mean about one feeling as if they are going to be pregnant for the rest of eternity.

I feel pressure about being "overdue". The thing I HATE is when people assume that I must have my dates wrong or something. I guess they think that since every woman in my family has gone early that I should, too. Bah.
:

#8 ·
Yeah, I had that too. I am pretty small and because of this EVERYONE said I wouldn't carry to full term. Well, here it is a week beyond that and everyone is SHOCKED! They said they didn't think my body would even hold a baby to 40 weeks. Very positive thinkers. I am short, not defective in some way.

#9 ·
OT: SummerTwilight, where in Central MA? I amj in Eastern MA, Plymouth, and my DH is from Central MA originally.

Oh, and I was a week overdue, went into labor that morning.

#10 ·
Well, I am two days late by my ovulation day and a day late by the midwife's little wheel thingy. I'm actually okay with it. My tooth pain has calmed down, so that's good. I just got back from my mw appt a little while ago, and everything looks great (baby's big - it'll be interesting to see how big - she thinks at least 9 pounds). I know I could have asked her about starting certain things like black/blue cohosh, but I don't want to do that again. I want to let nature take its course. It's funny because we both thought I'd go early since this baby has always been big and LOW, but he has his own plans I guess. It's weird a few days ago I was really freaked and now I'm actually pretty calm and somewhat patient. I get less patient in the evenings when my body is sore and tired, but that's normal I suppose.

#12 ·
I am 3 days overdue now - sounds like a plane arrival or a library book.
I was 3 cm yesterday at my mw appointment so just trying to walk this baby out of me. I am thinking if I can just get to 4, then active labor will start.

Oh, and I am so jealous of those of you with a fall like climate already. I am in NC and it is hot and incredibly humid here right now. I would kill for a cool breeze right now.

#14 ·
I am 7 days "overdue" today. I, too know exactly when I concieved. I am not worried about it, but I do admit I entertain the irrational thought that I will be in the Guiness Book of World Records for the longest pregnancy EVER!
I hate fielding questions about if the baby has come yet.
:

I am sooooooo done with this pregnancy. I realllllly dont want to be pregnant anymore. Plus, I am dying to know if I am having a boy or girl. I am hoping I will know in a few days.
:

#15 ·
I'm not "due" for 5 more days, but I really thought I was going to go earlier this time. So now I'm really antsy and frustrated. With my first I was much happier at this point, because I assumed I would go late and got a happy surprise when DD arrived 4 days before my EDD. I'm doing my best not to think about it and am trying to convince myself mentally that I have another 3 weeks to go so I'll stop getting myself worked up thinking every twinge I feel is the beginning of labor.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mat4mel
I am 2 days overdue and not handling it well. I have started having irrational thoughts, like I will never go into labor and somehow my body doesn't work right. I am *sick* of people calling and asking me if I've had the baby yet. I'm not answering the phone anymore.
Etch this one in stone and slap it around my neck. That's exactly how I feel. I'm in some listless, endless, hopeless limbo. I don't want to work, and I don't want to be at home. I'm bored when i'm awake and irritated when i'm asleep. I don't want to be alone, but people are driving me insane. When the baby moves a lot, i'm thinking "Quit moving and come out!", and when she hasn't moved in a while, i'm like "Omigah, baby, are you okay?!?"

This is like the worst case of PMS i've ever had. Argh!
:

#17 ·
magpiedee said:
I'm in some listless, endless, hopeless limbo... I'm bored when i'm awake and irritated when i'm asleep. I don't want to be alone, but people are driving me insane. When the baby moves a lot, i'm thinking "Quit moving and come out!", and when she hasn't moved in a while, i'm like "Omigah, baby, are you okay?!?" QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Boobyfeeder: I live in Paxton which is one town North of Worcester...where was your hubby from?
I used to have an apartment in Rutland, and DH is from Oakham. His folks still live up there.

#20 ·
I'm three days over right now. Not so bad. The anticipation was killing me, but then my midwife checked me on my due date and said she guessed it would be another week or so. That calmed me down, just let me feel like I could do a few things this week. I've been working on getting this baby going, and there's been plenty of false labor, plenty of BH, mucous plug two days ago, and baby's way ready, like at "0" and all positioned. Who knows what's the hold up. I do think he was waiting to be a Virgo, and today's the day for that. Or maybe he's got free cable in there.

#21 ·
I was only 3 days overdue with my first.
I was way off with my dates with my second because I got pregnant so soon while nursing an infant. If I had known I was actually 43+ weeks pregnant before the birth I'm sure I would have lost my mind completely.
Hang in there. You are all doing a wonderful job.

#23 ·
Quote:
I was way off with my dates with my second because I got pregnant so soon while nursing an infant. If I had known I was actually 43+ weeks pregnant before the birth I'm sure I would have lost my mind completely.
That's what happened during my first pregnancy. We had no idea when my due date really was. But months after she was born, we did the math. Turns out I had her at just about 43 weeks pregnant. I'm glad that I didn't know at the time. It might have driven me crazy.

#24 ·
Boobyfeeder: Neighbors!!! There is also another August mama from Holden so a few of us close together!

Melaya and Vegan: 43 weeks?!?! Please don't say that. I am only surviving on the thought that inevitably I WILL go into labor before next Wed when I hit 42 weeks...SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailmom
Yeah - I have this total fear of going over 2 weeks (I am 5 days over now) as I would not be allowed to birth at the birthing center, but would have to do a hospital birth - something I want to totally avoid. Come on Baby!!!
This is starting to be my fear, losing my homebirth shot at 42 weeks. My midwife said we'd do stuff to induce near the end of 41, but that sounds like misery as well. It's so frustrating to be on a timeline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.