Keeping Things Clean - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, here's the cruelest part of being now 40+ weeks. I've been trying to keep everything clean for a MONTH. I'm not normally a neat freak so it doesn't come natural for me to wipe off every counter every time it has a speck on it. But I've been trying to, because I know I feel so much more ready for a new experience when things are clean. But the problem is, I have a sloppy husband (who tries, but just isn't very good at keeping things clean), a sloppy dog, and two sloppy cats, so it's really an uphill battle. And I've only got so much energy.

Maybe it's because it's my first baby that I care. But especially with a homebirth, it would be so nice if everything was spotless and tidy and organized. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 PM

I understand...4 kids later and I'm still trying to keep things clean! Good luck!
#3 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 02:53 PM

So glad I'm not alone. I have wasted so much time cleaning this last five weeks to stay prepared for the birth. I try and tell myself that the bonus is the clean house and that just maybe the exercise will get labor going. If nothing else, the exercise isn't hurting me any. I feel your pain though, I have a sloppy husband and a messy toddler of my very own.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#4 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 03:26 PM

I'm trying to ramp up to clean today...it'll never be "just so" though, not with animals in the house

I'm hoping to get the living room un-cluttered (I use it as my office, too, there are papers EVERYWHERE), and then hopefully DH will vacuum (cross fingers).

Cleaning bites!
#5 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 03:46 PM

Yes! Will someone please invent a no-shedding pill for my pooch??

Or perhaps he could learn to operate the vacuum on his own??
#6 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 05:14 PM

I feel bad for my DH because I want to clean constantly. I have a feeling that no matter how much we do, it still won't be enough! Bless his heart...he's been trying so hard to keep me happy! We just spent the past hour going through a few boxes in our bedroom that have been sitting in the corner for months! I just can't imagine having people visiting us after babe and seeing junk stacked up! I'm not sure why I really care but I just want things to be "put away". I'll let all the company deal with the dirty dishes and such!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#7 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 PM

Wow. I totally could have written this post word for word.
I started the cleaning frenzy at 37 weeks convinced I was going early. I scrubbed, mopped, dusted, had my cats shaved since they create HUGE pet hair issues.
Well 4 weeks later the cat's hair is growing back, I have had to KEEP cleaning twice a week and I still feel like it isn't as up to par as it was back then. I had hired a cleaning company to do a thorough once over at 38 weeks so the house would be deep clean for the home birth and that was a waste of money because three weeks later it was like it was never done.
I cleaned thoroughly again on Sunday and scrubbed everything but now it is Wed and it is back to sloppy. I am SOOOO sick of this cycle. I just want her to come so I can stop cleaning! And I would prefer if she comes after the weekend now cause the house will just keep getting dirtier till Saturday when I have time to clean again.:
#8 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 10:31 PM

I'm the same way!! My house has never been so clean. With 4 kids, it gets messy quickly... I am actually kind of glad for that because otherwise I wouldn't have anything else to satisfy my nesting urge. I have never felt the nesting urge this strong in any of my other pregnancies.. I wonder if it's because I'm have my first homebirth?
#9 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 10:37 PM

ya I am done with the cleaning. I also started at 37 weeks now at 41 weeks I have had enough. Hubby is great. After running after my just 2 year old I don't have it in me to clean so he has been great. Even the cleaning up after dd and I has been difficult. I have been saying for the last week. Tonight is the night lets clean before we go to bed. Here I am again tonight sure tonight is the night. This cramping must mean something. I wish I could justify the $ for a cleaning person.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page