September Life w/ a Babe thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
Freakin' genious!!! I'm telling you... after learing SO MUCH from mothers, I can't believe a man EVER invented ANYTHING!!!

hmm, but where to put the breast pads....
When I'm at home, I just fold a prefold lengthwise and line the sports bra to stop leaking. When I'm at work, I bring the bra with me and put the bra on when I pump, then I have 2 hands free to read.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#92 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM

So, as it starts to get chilly... how do you dress your baby to sleep? We've been using onesies, with sockies and cuddly pants as needed for outings during the day. We have a couple of those footed sleepers, but they don't seem so cuddly-- they have zippers and appliques. Does she wear a onesie under the sleeper, or does my body keep her warm enough in a onesie?

How do you know if your baby is the right temperature?
#93 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynee View Post
I have to pump while I'm nursing. I don't let down well for the pump. I'm using an Ameda Purely Yours. I only get 4oz. a day.
It's interesting, I never felt a letdown with my second baby, and couldn't pump more than half an ounce. I felt multiple letdowns with my first and could pump 9oz. in 15 minutes.
This time I only feel a letdown while nursing, but never while pumping, yet I can still sometimes pump 1/2 an ounce with each squeeze with the Avent Isis hand pump, or at least 4 oz. in 5 minutes.
It's weird how it can be so different each time! :

Robynee, that's so wonderful that you have a family member to give your extra milk to who is so close in age!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#94 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
So, as it starts to get chilly... how do you dress your baby to sleep? We've been using onesies, with sockies and cuddly pants as needed for outings during the day. We have a couple of those footed sleepers, but they don't seem so cuddly-- they have zippers and appliques. Does she wear a onesie under the sleeper, or does my body keep her warm enough in a onesie?

It varies with the temperature right now, but usually Nate just wears a one piece long-sleeved outfit, with or without feet.
As it gets cooler I've got a few fleece sleep sacks, then he'll just wear a long-sleeved onesie and the sleepsack.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#95 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:

It's been getting down into the 50's here at night, and Elliot does best in a light sleeper (with feet). When it gets cooler, our heat will be on, so I plan on still using the light sleepers (jersey knit). And, all the sleepers we have with appliques have a covering over them (white mesh type of covering) that smoothes it all out. I've rubbed it against my skin and it seems comfortable to me.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#96 of 109 Old 09-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Kienan wears a cotton sleepsuit that has no legs (a bag type thing) to go over his massive night diaper. Then I wrap him in a cotton recieving blanket and in bed with us. If I am comfortable then he seems to be too

tara
#97 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 08:10 AM

Sean sleeps in a wool cover from Disana that comes up to his armpits and down to his knees. I throw a t-shirt on him and he stays toasty. I was putting a long-sleeve shirt on him and his wool, bag-type sleeper but he was getting too hot. He is a little oven. We still turn the a/c on at night although it is starting to freeze up overnight because it is getting colder out.
He and I share a light blanket. Dh gets the warm, comfy down blanket, but I won' use it near the baby becasue it is too heavy and poufy.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#98 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 10:39 AM

they wear t-shirts and are wrapped in a swaddle blanket, then they're cuddled together with a hot water bottle on top. When a baby comes up stiars with me, he might or might not stay swaddled, it depends how warm it is.
DD slept in a t-shirt or just a diaper in bed with me and dh. We put her in sleepers to begin with but she would just get too hot

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#99 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=veganf;6074947]It's interesting, I never felt a letdown with my second baby, and couldn't pump more than half an ounce. I felt multiple letdowns with my first and could pump 9oz. in 15 minutes.
This time I only feel a letdown while nursing, but never while pumping, yet I can still sometimes pump 1/2 an ounce with each squeeze with the Avent Isis hand pump, or at least 4 oz. in 5 minutes.
[QUOTE]

I am seriously jealous. I just got a whopping 1/4 oz after 10min.
#100 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 01:12 PM

I've got Ian in a sleeper with socks and a onsie underneath. It's getting chilly here at night, but not enough to turn the heat on yet. Plus he sleeps on my lap so he's nice and toasty. If he's sleeping on his own anywhere, he has the same outfit plus a blanket swaddled around him.
#101 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
It's interesting, I never felt a letdown with my second baby, and couldn't pump more than half an ounce. I felt multiple letdowns with my first and could pump 9oz. in 15 minutes.
It's weird how it can be so different each time! :

I have had different experiences each time, as well. With DD#1 I never felt a let down. I was able to pump enough to keep her EBF, but it was a struggle at times. Now I'm a milk making machine! LOL I can pump 5 oz in about 5 minutes, usually. I experience a very noticable let down now, as well. Not so much when I pump but definitely when I am nursing!
#102 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 PM

She was 5# 8 oz when born and is now 7 # 4 oz. Her big sister loves her, gives her kisses, tried to put a pacifier in her mouth or feed her. Abigail has even come up on my lap while I was nursing Sophia and 'helped' by squeezing my breast and pushing it more into Sophia's mouth. hahaha. Abigail has shown no interest in nursing, she hasn't nursed since she was 8months old. I had hoped she might try. I had a harder time bonding with Sophia than I had with Abigail. I was super-bonded to Abigail before she was ever born, and that bond has just grown more intense every day. I have found I need to make a huge effort to feel bonded to Sophia. she is fairly easy, and she likes the sling. She wants to be held all the time, which is hard when I want to play with Abigail. Abigail still has the center of our bed at night, between Mommy and Daddy. Sophia sleeps in the crib which has one side off and is up against my side of the bed. It's easier than getting out of bed if I have her sleep in the bassinet, and by having her in the crib, the bed isn't overly crowded.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#103 of 109 Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM

dd has woken up to feed every 2-3 hours for the past 7 weeks.

for the past two nights, she did one 6 hour stretch!!!!!! i'm so happy and restedi could cry.

i can't believe it.

i assume this is just a rare, very special occasion, but it's hard not to hope it'll happen again very very soon.
#104 of 109 Old 09-27-2006, 04:23 PM

I just have to say that whoever had the bright idea to move with a newborn and a toddler was INSANE. I'm living out of boxes right now with two sick kids at the old house and my husband is at the new house for the week getting ready. I felt bad for him originally, sleeping on the floor and painting all hours of the day but now I think he got the easy end of the deal!
#105 of 109 Old 09-28-2006, 01:19 PM

Omigosh! These first smiles! They are the best thing EVER!!!! She's responsive and alert and SHE KNOWS ME!!!

Sorry, y'all, but i'm just freaking out. After weeks of slaving for this unresponsive, fussy little nubbin, she's now giving these delighted, gummy smiles. When I talk to her or wiggle her legs, or the best one: this morning, she woke up and opened her eyes and saw me and just lit up. I could never have imagined something so small making me so happy.

So, yeah, she's one month today and doing AMAZING. And the force of her poops is seismic. Yay!

Oh, and on the bad news scale, I took her for a long walk in her sling yesterday, and when I got home, my bleeding had gone from 0 to 60. I hate being weak due to surgery but feeling great on the outside, then finding out i've "overdone it" after it's too late. I want to be strong and healthy again!! I want exercise!! :
#106 of 109 Old 09-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I want to be strong and healthy again!! I want exercise!! :
Me, too!!! I went for a walk last night. I would really like to run a 5K in a few months. So, I had the bright idea that I should jog - just a little. Seriously, I only jogged a block, but I was hurting! My lower abdomen was really painful along with my leg/hip joints. So I walked the rest of my 20 minutes. Later when I tried to get up out of my chair, I thought I was going to cry! Argh - I used to be in really good shape. And since, theoretically, we are done having children, I have no more excuses. I have got to get rid of this baby weight! Oh well.

I am SO enjoying Louis. I love the way he smiles and looks at me. Ah, it just melts my heart. He is STILL sleeping well - hooray - and is super healthy. I feel so blessed and lucky. AND, he's napping, so I better run and do some housework before he wakes up!
#107 of 109 Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 PM

I can't help it...I'm still sad about not co sleeping. It is what I'm "supposed" to do, darn it, and I feel like I can't complain about being worn out--I'm walking to his room 3 times a night instead of sleeping with him like any intelligent person would! We've shifted from him sleeping in the swing to sleeping in his crib, but he is SO LOUD--he fusses in his sleep and keeps DH and I up all night. And I think he sleeps better without me too :

Last night he slept 6 hours, I got up and fed him, he slept another 3 hours, and I brought him to my bed to feed him for that one. Then he slept another two hours, but he was squirmy and fussy and didn't really seem fully asleep. That's the way it always is if he's in my bed, and he sleeps like a rock in his own bed.

I know it's just doing what is right for him, and I'm okay with that...but I'm sad. I want him in his co sleeper right next to me, I want to be able to cuddle him in the middle of the night, and I don't want to have to get out of bed to feed him.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#108 of 109 Old 09-29-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:

Omigosh! These first smiles! They are the best thing EVER!!!! She's responsive and alert and SHE KNOWS ME!!!

Sorry, y'all, but i'm just freaking out. After weeks of slaving for this unresponsive, fussy little nubbin, she's now giving these delighted, gummy smiles. When I talk to her or wiggle her legs, or the best one: this morning, she woke up and opened her eyes and saw me and just lit up. I could never have imagined something so small making me so happy.

So, yeah, she's one month today and doing AMAZING. And the force of her poops is seismic. Yay!

Oh, and on the bad news scale, I took her for a long walk in her sling yesterday, and when I got home, my bleeding had gone from 0 to 60. I hate being weak due to surgery but feeling great on the outside, then finding out i've "overdone it" after it's too late. I want to be strong and healthy again!! I want exercise!! :
Our babies were born on the same day!
#109 of 109 Old 10-01-2006, 06:08 PM

I've just enjoyed reading all your posts. There is just so much momma love here I can just feel it! Truely amazing what these babes do to us!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page