October Life w/ A Babe thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else's baby fall asleep on the changing table--and then you just leave them there to sleep??!? The boys are at preschool right now. There's no way I'll move him and risk waking him up again. He can have his morning nap right where he is. He looks too cute and comfortable.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#2 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 AM

sounds cute

Kienan will fall asleep like that too but his stuffy nose wakes him 5 minutes later, so I race around for 5 minutes to do all the 2 handed chores

tara
#3 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 11:47 AM

I will leave Booker to sleep WHEREVER he falls asleep! He especially likes to nap in the bouncy seat next to the running clothes dryer - good thing there is always diaper laundry to do! He will fall asleep on the changing table with the hairdryer going. Throw a blanket over him and call it a nap!
#4 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 AM

i too, take a break whenever i can. [nak, can u tell]

i am psyched 2 get in on this thtead, usually its 5 pgs long and i am too intimidated by it!

who's growing out of their nb stuff already?

haakon is 8 wks today + i'm already selling off some nb/sm dipes.

must get the paper birth annocmnts done 2day.
#5 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiemare View Post

haakon is 8 wks today + i'm already selling off some nb/sm dipes.
Nate outgrew his newborn stuff by 3 weeks old. His brothers also outgrew the newborn size by 2-4 weeks. We're in 3-6 month and even some 6-9 month clothes, and many medium sized diapers. Nate is getting LONG, just like his big brothers.

When comparing baby photos, he looks just like his big brother Ryan.
He's got cradle cap just like him too, but thank goodness no infant eczema this time!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM

Will was always too big for newborn dipes, and he's just about to outgrow infant size prefolds. I need to order some regulars.

He can wear some of the bigger onesies, but never wore the true newborn (up to 10 lbs) type.

It's starting to hit me now that I quit my job and am not going back. Aaaahhh.. This new boss is much more demanding than anyone I've ever worked for!!
#7 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Anyone else's baby fall asleep on the changing table--and then you just leave them there to sleep??!? The boys are at preschool right now. There's no way I'll move him and risk waking him up again. He can have his morning nap right where he is. He looks too cute and comfortable.
Yep, Elliot loves to sleep on his changing table! For some reason, that's his fav place, he'll sleep there, smiles there, coos there.

At 8-1/2 weeks, Elliot is also outgrowing his 0/3 month stuff. I've gotten out the 3/6 month stuff and it's still big, but I have a feeling it won't be long before he's outgrown that too. This little guy is growing more quickly than
ds1 did.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#8 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmom View Post
I will leave Booker to sleep WHEREVER he falls asleep! He especially likes to nap in the bouncy seat next to the running clothes dryer - good thing there is always diaper laundry to do! He will fall asleep on the changing table with the hairdryer going. Throw a blanket over him and call it a nap!
DD does the same thing! I always put her in the kitchen next to the dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiemare View Post
Oh yes. DD is fitting (nicely, I might add!) in to 3-6 month clothes. I put a bunch of stuff away in the grow-into drawer that was Carter's and said "3 months" on the tag. I assumed that meant 3-6 months, but nope. Oops. : So now she had all these cool clothes that hardly got to wear!

I am looking forward to getting things together to try and sell. No more babies for me, so dipes, clothes, everything is going when this one outgrows it!

DD was born at 8lbs 2 oz and at six weeks was 12lbs 12oz. Breastmilk rocks! At this rate she'll be in 12 months clothes by winter! lol

We must have also hit that six week height of fussiness mark. She's been harder to get (and keep) asleep in the past few days. Luckily she is still sleeping well at night, but during the day is frustrating.
#9 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 PM

Charlie will be out of newborn diapers any day now. I can't believe how long she's getting! We're moving tomorrow...whoever thought that moving with a newborn and a toddler would be easy compared to moving while pregnant was very, VERY wrong. I am in H E you know where!
#10 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 PM

Just subbing while nak.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#11 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 08:12 PM

We're still growing into nb clothes here. They still can't wear two piece outfits (overalls excluded) without the bottoms falling off, even with the cd bum. We had their pictures done yesterday and they both wore preemie outfits :

I've been having a lot of "gut pain" and finally went to the dr Fri and I have a 4 finger ab seperation and she's pretty sure an umbical hernia too I have an appmnt with a surgeon Thursday for a consult :
This really sucks, as if the c/s wasn't bad enough. I am actually in more pain now that I was pg, even with that big 'ol twin belly.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#12 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I am actually in more pain now that I was pg, even with that big 'ol twin belly.
((((((azriel)))))))) :

8 wk visit update: 10 lb 8 oz!
#13 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 08:34 PM

Liam is the biggest baby the midwives have had at 6 weeks- 14 pounds, 10 ounces, and he may have been even more because their scale was down 12 ounces the day before. He is outgrowing most of his 3-6 month stuff and into 6-12 months in most stuff.

he and my 2.5 year old wear the same size diaper- meds in cloth or size 3 in sposies.

I am so glad I only bought 6 newborn and 2 small diapers.

#14 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Liam is the biggest baby the midwives have had at 6 weeks- 14 pounds, 10 ounces, and he may have been even more because their scale was down 12 ounces the day before.
: Whoa! What did he weigh at birth?!?!

Way to go, mama!
#15 of 101 Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 PM

He was 9 pounds, 10 ounces at birth. At 3 days, he weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces. At 7 days, he weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces. 2 weeks- 10 pounds, 5 ounces. At 4 weeks- 12 pounds, 14 ounces.

#16 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 AM

He's gaining great--you must have buttermilk!!

Will weighs 13 lbs, 14 oz at 4 weeks, but was 11 lb, 14 oz to start with.
#17 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 12:16 AM

Yeah I always say I make cream.

#18 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
He was 9 pounds, 10 ounces at birth. At 3 days, he weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces. At 7 days, he weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces. 2 weeks- 10 pounds, 5 ounces. At 4 weeks- 12 pounds, 14 ounces.
I did the math (yeah, I'm THAT wierd) and he's got my little one beat! I'm so impressed with you . . .
#19 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 AM

You all are cracking me up. Ian is 8 wks old and was 7 lb 7 oz on Friday. He's just started growing into newborn size stuff. We still have to buy pampers newborn swaddlers as they are the only dipes that fit. The prefolds I have are big enough to lay over him as a light blanket. One day he will get big, but I've got a bunch of newborn and 0-3 mo size summer clothes that will never get worn because it's already getting cold here and he's too small for them. Maybe they'll fit this spring.
#20 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This really sucks, as if the c/s wasn't bad enough. I am actually in more pain now that I was pg, even with that big 'ol twin belly.
I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible!

#21 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Liam is the biggest baby the midwives have had at 6 weeks- 14 pounds, 10 ounces
Sounds like my second son! He was also 14 pounds at 6 weeks, and 18 pounds 2 ounces at 3 1/2 months. It's unbelieveable how fast they grow!!

#22 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 12:50 PM

Yeah the sad thing about big babies is that they seem to grow up so fast. I miss my little newborn.

#23 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I've been having a lot of "gut pain" and finally went to the dr Fri and I have a 4 finger ab seperation and she's pretty sure an umbical hernia too I have an appmnt with a surgeon Thursday for a consult :
that sucks. good luck with your appointment

tara
#24 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 PM

we sure have some big babies here

Kienan was just over 12lbs at 8 weeks, he started out at 6lbs 7oz so he is growing fast. He started out in preemie clothes and is now in 3-6 months, but quickly outgrowing the tops. Diaperwise he is nicely in the one-size diapers with small cover

tara
#25 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 02:29 PM

Wow, y'all grow monster babies! My ds was 10 lbs 10 oz at 3 weeks (was 9 3 at birth) so he is probably 11.5 lbs right now (which makes sense, b/c all of his clothes that say up to 12 lbs are getting tight.)

At 5 weeks we are finally into somewhat of a schedule... I take him to bed around 11 or so and we cosleep, which for me means I really don't fully awaken for nighttime feedings so I can't say how long he is sleeping at night.. but he gets up around 7 grunting and he is up for maybe an hour, then takes a good morning nap usually. He has started smiling a lot lately and has started cooing too.. I just love it when you can tell they are trying to coo SO hard and then something comes out and they start kicking their legs and swinging their arms like crazy because this is just so exciting for them. I this stage.
#26 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 PM

When I started reading this thread, I was getting all jealous reading about how babies are sleeping on changing tables, near the dryer, etc etc, because I can't get dd to sleep during the day to save my life, except on my morning walk when she's in the sling. As soon as I'm back home and no longer walking...she's awake for the day.

And then...

today I tried putting her in the swing (which she usually only tolerates for 5 minutes or so before screaming Take Me Outta Here!!)

And..2 1/2 hours later...she's still sleeping in it!
I can't believe it! This is historic! And I actually am typing with two hands!

It's the little things...ya know?
#27 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 PM

Lucas has fallen asleep on the changing table too. He loves it there that sometimes I'll leave him there for a few minutes and he'll go to sleep for a bit.

At his 6 wk appointment, he was 10lbs 13ozs, up from 7lbs 14 ozs at birth. He's really long so some 3-6 month onesies don't fit. So sad. He's getting big so fast...
#28 of 101 Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 PM

I was cursing the doctor last night for convincing me to do the regular vax schedule-- Haakon screamed for 90 minutes last night. There was no way for me to hold him without hurting his little legs. He's been feverish and sleepy for most of the day now. I hope he doesnt wake up ready to party in the middle of the night. DH is at work (24 hour shift) and it gets rough for me, knowing that I need to be up and at'em for the Bear by 8am. I know my situation isn't as challenging as most other moms but I am not acclamated to it yet. I miss napping with my newborn the way I could with Bear.
Hawk is becoming a cooing expert--he's seems so connected to me. he is genuinely pleased when I echo his sounds. Yeah, we're gellin'! still working on the whole hand-control thing . . but getting there.
#29 of 101 Old 10-05-2006, 12:11 PM

Fiona was 4 weeks old yesterday. I don't know exactly how much she weighs, but I would guess she's around 10 lbs. She's starting to outgrow all of the newborn diapers. I just ordered some small and medium cds and bought a pack of size 1 sposies (I haven't found a good overnight cd so we do sposies at night). She is a good sleeper once she gets to sleep. We go to bed around 930-10 and she wakes up around 230 to nurse and get a diaper change, then she'll wake up again around 600 for another nursing and diaper change. Around 800-830, I usually have to wake her up when I take DD1 to the babysitter or we have to run errands, but then she sleeps in the car. Her wakeful, alert time is usually in the evenings.

I had a question for you all....she has been crying and acting very uncomfortable every time she poops. It has also changed in color from yellow to green. Do you think its something I am eating? I plan to not eat any dairy today to see if that makes a difference. Just wondering what ya'll thought.
#30 of 101 Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 PM

It could be something you ate, but it could also be hindmilk/foremilk imbalance.

My 8 week old just got his first tooth! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page