November Life with a Babe Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 84 Old 11-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all

so much going on! good to read everybody's stories!

magpie dee, we're still in synch...i was reading your entry and was thinking, wow, that sounds just like us, who posted this...and lo and behold it was you I can't imagine Simon would actually be teething already, but he is fussy, drooly and chomping, so maybe so

Simon is doing pretty well...he's a little skinny, but I think that's because he grew 3 inches in the first 2 months (an inch a month is average). He's a lot more active now which is fun, but I'm not sure what to do with him when he's awake and not eating or crying!

on the work topic...
I have started going back to work a few hours a week at the library. The original plan was for me to go back to work 25 hours a week (same as pre-preg) and bring the baby to work. Plans have changed because we're going to move down to NJ, but I'm glad...bringing the babe to work is hard! Even though I sling him, my movement is restricted, and he gets fussy sometimes so that makes it hard to help patrons. I feel like both Simon and work are getting the short end of the stick, so no one wins that way. Since we're moving, I put in my resignation for the end of Nov. and will be doing some work at home work instead (I got a 10 hour a week job working for the Holistic Moms Network more to follow on that, I'm sure I'll try and recruit you all soon

in terms of weight...
what I want to know is how I am around 6 lbs lighter than my pre-preg weight (yay!) but my pre-preg jeans are still too tight?? I'm guess swelling from c-section, hopefully that will go away.

#62 of 84 Old 11-17-2006, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post

jesamin-- I'm in the woodstock area
No way...I used to live around there...that's where dd1 was conceived, my little hippie baby. We're further north now but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that area. My mother used to take me there every Sunday during the summer when I was younger...it was her bargaining chip for good behavior.
#63 of 84 Old 11-19-2006, 12:20 PM

We saw our first movie with Cleo yesterday-- Happy Feet. So cute! She nursed twice (in the completely sold out theatre...), slept a little and watched the weird black and white things move around. It was great! We also went to a dedication ceremony and a book party. Having a baby is so much fun when you can take them everywhere with you! Hurray for slings!

And I definitely recommend Happy Feet-- it runs about 30 minutes too long, and the end is kinda weird, but the pudgy dancing penguins are fabulous. We'll be buying it on DVD.
#64 of 84 Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 PM

magpie, that's great that you were able to see a movie! I thought I would be one of those moms where I could take my newborn to movies, restaurants, etc...but I'm so nervous about her crying or wanting to do something else that I haven't gotten up the nerve to go. I'm with you on the sling nursing though, great for when you are out and about!
DH and I went out to dinner for the first time since Stella's birth last weekend. That is her fussiest time of day, and she wasn't into nursing or sleeping, so I just held her on my shoulder and tried to eat. She loved looking at her shadow on the wall! We've gone out to lunch quite a bit, but that was our first dinner excursion...here's to having more dinner "dates" soon!

Oh...and our big milestone of the week:
Laughing! Real belly laughs, like Stella finally figured out how to move air and smile and laugh loudly! DH was playing with the dog, and she was watching them and laughed over and over, hitting her hand on her knee! It was so cute!!
#65 of 84 Old 11-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebemommy View Post
Otherwise, this boy keeps me hopping. He's always been one to be held -- not put down, not put in a car seat, not put in the sling or carrier, held. He tolerates the other stuff, but not for long. And even holding he wants in certain positions and up and walking around. I thought this was so cute, but now that he's something like 16 pounds, it's starting to take its toll on my back. I'm looking into a new carrier that will hopefully suit his desires. He's outgrown the other ones anyway.
sounds like we have the same baby
Have you tried a wrap carrier? Kienan loves his, he likes being upright and seems to be okay facing my, he sleeps a good 3 hours that way and it doesn't hurt my back at all.

tara
#66 of 84 Old 11-20-2006, 02:23 PM

too cute thanks for sharing

tara
#67 of 84 Old 11-20-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
also too cute I hope things settle down for you soon, I can't imagine doing this with 2 kids at the same time!!!!

tara
#68 of 84 Old 11-20-2006, 02:34 PM

mamamilkers - I am sorry about your hospital trip but glad all seems well.

We just got over cold #3 here, this one lasted a good week, poor little guy and of course he got it the day before we had to fly home. I sure hope this means Kienan is going to have a super immune system.

He is now 3 1/2 months old, has rolled over a few times and, like other babies here, will not be put down. I like to think that the extra 14 pound weight I carry all day has got to help me lose those last pounds

He also sleeps better then my daughter did, he wakes 1-2 times a night for a very quick nurse. : that it lasts

It is so nice to see all the updates and that all the babies seem to be doing so well

tara
#69 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtThis View Post
Oh...and our big milestone of the week:
Laughing! Real belly laughs, like Stella finally figured out how to move air and smile and laugh loudly! DH was playing with the dog, and she was watching them and laughed over and over, hitting her hand on her knee! It was so cute!!
Sean just started laughing too. He has a ticklish spot right under his chin. Baby laughter must be the sweetest sound ever!

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#70 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM

I love the laughs.

My daughter's newest pretend game is to pretend she is a baby. It is rather cute.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#71 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Stella has slept through the night for 3 of the past 4 nights!!: I can't believe this is anything more than a fluke, especially because all our routines and patterns have been out the window lately, but it sure is nice to wake up feeling rested and not like something the cat dragged in!
The tradeoff is that it is super hard to get her to nap during the day. The sling, the swing, the carseat on a drive...none of my old daytime tricks are working!
#72 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 PM

I have a confession to make, but I haven't shared yet because I haven't wanted to piss anyone off, but Liam has been sleeping through the night since he was 3 weeks old. His longest stretch at night without eating is 5-8 hours. He sleeps about 12 hours total.

It is funny because he sleeps better than my daughter ever has or even does now.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#73 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my gosh, the babes are laughing! Yay! That is the best. DD#1 laughed for the first time at nine weeks but still no laughs out of DD#2 She started smiling later, as well, so we'll just wait and see!

Eloise has been a great sleeper (at night, at least!) since day one, except for this past week or so. She still has a cough and now it's making her wake up at night for up to two hours while she has these coughing/gagging/spitting up episodes. It SUCKS. I have called her pediatrician today, again, to see if it is yet at the point where we can start being concerned. Grrr. I hope her getting used to waking up every night doesn't continue once she's feeling better again!

Does anyone have fun Thanksgiving plans tomorrow? We are going to a friend's house and it's going to be pretty low-stress. I like low-stress . When Iris was a baby I made the stupid decision to host Thanksgiving-- um, yeah, that wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done! I can't wait to eat me some turkey and mashed potatoes!
#74 of 84 Old 11-22-2006, 05:53 PM

14 weeks & we're teething! 1 tooth in the middle bottom & one on the side waaay back- so weird!

so far so good... drooling & chomping on hands lots, waking more frequently @ night, but nothing terrible
#75 of 84 Old 11-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Wow! I can't believe all the teething babies! I keep waiting to see dd's teeth pop up, with all her hand chewing and drooling it seems imminent, but no pearly whites have emerged yet.
Well, I didn't think dd's first flight would be so soon, but my dad passed away over the weekend, and we have to fly across the country the day after tomorrow for the funeral.
#76 of 84 Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I have a confession to make, but I haven't shared yet because I haven't wanted to piss anyone off, but Liam has been sleeping through the night since he was 3 weeks old. His longest stretch at night without eating is 5-8 hours. He sleeps about 12 hours total.

It is funny because he sleeps better than my daughter ever has or even does now.
I'm not pissed...I'm envious!! Charlie was a wonderful night sleeper up until about a week or so ago, now she doesn't go to bed until 2 am and nurses constantly. Sigh. I'm a tired mama.
#77 of 84 Old 11-28-2006, 03:36 PM

HI JEsamin-
yes w'stock is great! it's a nice area to bring up kids. i think they go stur-crazy as teens, but we'll deal with that later. we're here because we're zen students, and our monastery is right here. fab community...
where do you live upstate?
Liz
ps gingi is laughing too and she SNORTS when she laughs! its' funny. She
's such a butterball though she hasn't fully turned over. She's a-tryin' though, gotta give her credit! Friday is her four month b-day!

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#78 of 84 Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Well, I didn't think dd's first flight would be so soon, but my dad passed away over the weekend, and we have to fly across the country the day after tomorrow for the funeral.
I'm so sorry to hear that. : I hope the trip goes alright.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#79 of 84 Old 11-28-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I am sorry

tara
#80 of 84 Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM

Sorry to hear this : I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible w/ Stella & you have lots of love & support.

Quote:
my dad passed away over the weekend, and we have to fly across the country the day after tomorrow for the funeral.
#81 of 84 Old 11-29-2006, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow! I can't believe all the teething babies! I keep waiting to see dd's teeth pop up, with all her hand chewing and drooling it seems imminent, but no pearly whites have emerged yet.
Oh, mama . I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your trip goes smoothly.
#82 of 84 Old 11-30-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
HI JEsamin-
yes w'stock is great! it's a nice area to bring up kids. i think they go stur-crazy as teens, but we'll deal with that later. we're here because we're zen students, and our monastery is right here. fab community...
where do you live upstate?
Liz
ps gingi is laughing too and she SNORTS when she laughs! its' funny. She
's such a butterball though she hasn't fully turned over. She's a-tryin' though, gotta give her credit! Friday is her four month b-day!
We're about an hour and a half more northwest of you guys now, straight up 23.
#83 of 84 Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 AM

Lucas is a big laugher and smiler. We just came back from about 10 days in WA and he was an angel on the plane. We carried way too much stuff though and DH and I have vowed (once again) to pack lighter.

Lucas has been sleeping well for some time, and a little more than 2 weeks ago he started sleeping about 7- 8 hours in a stretch, though last week it went down to 2-3 hours and then lots of nursing sessions. Not sure what that was all about but I think we're heading back in the right direction I think.

No teeth though he's drooling and chomping on anything in his mouth these days.

I just noticed the new afro smilie and thought it should be used even though my DS is sporting the Patrick Stewart look
#84 of 84 Old 12-01-2006, 09:13 PM

you know what my pediatrician said all the drooling is about: he said the teeth keep in the drool, so this is not a sign of teething YET, but rather, just life with babe with no teeth.

gingi's such a gnawer, too, though, it's hard not to think she's teething...

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page