Milestones and Accomplishments ~ Share them here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 12-13-2006, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cannot believe how fast these sweet babes grow up. It is so bitter sweet to me, being my last babe. Each new accomplishment is fantastic yet also means that these days are ticking by so fast.

Luna has already discovered her feet and loves to lay on her back and grab them and bring them to her mouth for a little taste.

She just started sitting up by herself (well, I help her get into a sitting position and then she holds herself up) thanks to the stability of a healthy-wide tush and cloth diapers.

The other day, Luna was sitting on the couch with her basket of toys next to her and she reached right in a grabbed out her butterfly toy. I thought it was just a lucky fluke until she did it again later that night!!

She just loves her toys. Anything she can grab, squeeze, and stuff into her mouth. She is really into using her fingers or just staring at her hands as she wiggles them.

Her new favorite phrase is Yaaaayaaaayaaa and aaaaiyaaaaiyaaaaiy.

What are your babes up to?
#2 of 31 Old 12-13-2006, 03:07 PM

Colle finally rolled over a couple of nights ago. From belly to back...we are hoping for a repeat performance.

She also LOVES to SCREAM! :P

ETA: She is now a rolling fool! LOL She rolls from back to belly now all the time.

She likes to pull at toys, and has discovered her toes.
#3 of 31 Old 12-13-2006, 03:12 PM

Wow, I can't believe Luna's sitting up!

Erin just stuck her foot in her mouth for the first time yesterday (4 days shy of 4 months).

For the last month or so she's been rolling from her back to her tummy, though she can only do it in one direction & is pissed that she can't roll from her tummy to her back!

Grabbing toys & shoving EVERYTHING into her mouth! It's so fun letting her chomp on our fingers & watching her control the finger (until she gags herself, then it's not so fun!).

What else... oh, just discovered the baby in the mirror a couple of days ago.

Every day she giggles at more & more things we do... at first (3 weeks ago?) there was just one thing that would reliably make her giggle... now there are tons!

So much fun!!!
#4 of 31 Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM

I swear Nate is saying "hi" to us. If we say it he copies it perfectly, and sometimes he'll smile at us and say it spontaneously. He copies other sounds too, but usually adds lots of spit and bubbles to them.

He keeps trying to sit up when he's done nursing, and he can almost do it. But he can't stay up by himself yet. He's a little slower at the physical stuff than his brothers were, but I guess that's to be expected since he was born at 37.5 weeks. He seems more fine motor inclined like his oldest brother.

None of my kids has ever rolled from belly to back until they can roll from back to belly because I never put them on their stomachs. Once they can get there themselves they learn the other really fast. Nate's slow on the rolling too compared to his brothers. Ryan rolled back to front during his 3rd month, A.J. did it both ways at 3 & 4 days old, but Nate is too content to bother I guess! He will lay on his tummy against me when I'm laying on the couch which IMO is sufficient. He'll get there when he gets there.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 31 Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Sitting up already?!?! WOW! I'm impressed!

Let's see, Eloise is finally a bit more calm, I think from her reflux meds. She is starting to be able to hold on to toys and deliberately put them in her mouth. She is such a talker, as well. Has to start early to get a word in with her sister around, I suppose!
#6 of 31 Old 12-18-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
I swear Nate is saying "hi" to us. If we say it he copies it perfectly, and sometimes he'll smile at us and say it spontaneously.
Kienan has been doing this too. My daughter is so proud that she taught her brother his first word

Kienan has been sitting for about 2 weeks now and has perfected rolling to his tummy (but gets mad that he is there). He is also really good at "scotching" across the blanket.
He started spit bubbles the other day which are just too cute

tara
#7 of 31 Old 12-18-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshi Mama View Post
I cannot believe how fast these sweet babes grow up. It is so bitter sweet to me, being my last babe. Each new accomplishment is fantastic yet also means that these days are ticking by so fast.
me too... I keep telling DH I will never see these sweet firsts again sigh

tara
#8 of 31 Old 12-21-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taradt View Post
me too... I keep telling DH I will never see these sweet firsts again sigh

tara

That's us too. I really don't want more, but it is so hard to know these will be our last firsts.

Ians been rolling back to front for the last couple weeks. When I hold his hands he'll pull himself to sitting then to standing. He loves standing up holding onto just my thumbs. He loves his big sis and she kisses him so much that now he kisses her. It is sooo cute. He talks to her more than anybody else too. I'm trying to teach him Hi (I know it's a stretch to teach it, lol) but I think it would be so cute and shock people. He's just getting the hang of picking up toys and shoving them in his mouth.
#9 of 31 Old 12-27-2006, 10:06 AM

Tooth #3 on the top came through this morning! Hooray! Ouch.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#10 of 31 Old 12-27-2006, 02:56 PM

not really a milestone, but just in the last week Erin's started being significantly more content on her tummy... these babies are so interesting, aren't they?
#11 of 31 Old 01-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Well, no 4th tooth yet. But Nate did roll from back to front and front to back twice this morning. Happy New Year!

#12 of 31 Old 01-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post

For the last month or so she's been rolling from her back to her tummy, though she can only do it in one direction & is pissed that she can't roll from her tummy to her back!
Will does this, but he can only roll from tummy to back, not the other way around.
#13 of 31 Old 01-02-2007, 01:57 AM

We got a roll from tummy to back tonight! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!
#14 of 31 Old 01-03-2007, 07:10 PM

tooth #4 has arrived!

#15 of 31 Old 01-08-2007, 01:24 AM

Louis held his hands out to his big sister the other day to be picked up! It was the first time he'd done that. It was absolutely adorable. He still hasn't done it to me!
#16 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Tooth #5!!!!!
I just noticed it. The second upper left. I guess now I know what was up with the frequent waking for the past couple of nights.

#17 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 05:10 PM

* Tooth #1 just appeared!
* now rolling from back to front
* He sits (with support) and is getting stronger daily
* He's a SCREAMER!! and a giggling fool

That's about it right now! He never ceases to amaze me, every day!
#18 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Haven't done this in awhile...

Kienan can now sit completely unassisted but will fall over when he tries to reach for something.
He also rolls both ways (back to front and front to back)
and just today he started getting his legs in crawling position and pushing forward to get a toy :

but still no teeth, despite months of teething symptoms

tara
#19 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Stella is now rolling from back to front and back again! My days of plunking her down in the middle of the bed are over! Until I get some guardrails, I guess...
Not really a milestone...but in the past few weeks...stella has morphed into a balding screamer! All her thick spiky newborn fuzzies are gone and she has a few long wispies left. It makes me sad, and I hope when her new hair comes in, it will be the same lovely strawberry blonde it was.
And the screaming ...whew! I think if I were to record her and then play it back underwater at the beach, it would draw in dolphins for miles!
And she's almost sitting up for 5 seconds before flopping forward on her feet...
#20 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Anyone else with older kids notice that their babies do things faster than their older siblings did?

I read that it is because they want to do everything their beloved older siblings can do.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#21 of 31 Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Louis is sitting so well. It's pretty funny though because after a while he starts to fall foward ever so slowly, and he can't get himself back up. He can also get up on his hands and knees, and he went backwards yesterday! Yikes. He is so much fun!!!!!
#22 of 31 Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taradt View Post
but still no teeth, despite months of teething symptoms
us too
#23 of 31 Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 PM

This week Nate has been crying if my husband leaves the room! He did it once for me when I left, but usually it's him . I've never had a child becomes a daddy's boy so young...usually it's more like a year old before they do that.

Nate also does that s-l-o-w-l-y falling forward towards his feet thing while trying to sit. Then he can't figure out how to get back up.

And he loves to play with his feet, especially when he doesn't have a diaper on. The other day he even discovered how to chew on his own toes.

And I can no longer eat or drink with him in my lap; he just tries to grab everything. And he makes cute chewing imitations too.

#24 of 31 Old 01-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Louis just figured out his Jump & Go - you know, the thing that hangs from a door jamb and has a spring and they can jump in it. We got it for him for Christmas since dd2 loved her's so much. Well, he's liked to sit in it and play with the toys (plus, his siblings sit and play with him!), but just a few minutes ago he figured out the jumping part. He is SOOOOOO darn proud of himself. He bounces and then just gets the biggest grin on his face. It's so cute. I've got to go and find the video camera - he's laughing now!
#25 of 31 Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 AM

Cleo is doing calculus.

Naw, but she's a lot of fun. She really, really wants to stand and doesn't have time for sitting. Her newest trick is to stand, being held at the waist, and bend over to pick up a toy off the ground. Then dramatically drop it so she can pick it up again. She also loves chewing her toes and enjoys the toe-freeing capacity of grabbing her sock with her hand and yanking. Shoes are pretty much a necessity now, if we want her to have socks. Then again, it's a 65 degree January in GA, so it doesn't matter that much.

She also enjoys conversations made of nothing but raspberries and will say "hey" back, if in the mood, like veganf was talking about earlier. And she likes to experiment with making noises with different blankets over and in her mouth.

I expect teeth in the next 2 weeks, thanks to buckets of drool, frequent green poos with diaper rash and painful chomping.

Oh, and she seems to have mastered a "fake" cry, in which she mimics the sound of her crying but isn't really upset, just wants to be picked up. We're having a doozy trying to figure out how to deal with it. Anybody else?
#26 of 31 Old 01-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
Oh, and she seems to have mastered a "fake" cry, in which she mimics the sound of her crying but isn't really upset, just wants to be picked up. We're having a doozy trying to figure out how to deal with it. Anybody else?
Smart kid - she knows what she wants and has figured out how to get it! Maybe she will be doing calculus in a few weeks!

Louis has mastered the "fake cough." It cracks us up. I think he just likes the sound of it. He does it over and over and then breaks into this huge grin.
#27 of 31 Old 01-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Finally! We have rolling over!! Yay!!!
#28 of 31 Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM

Tooth #6 arrived this morning!

#29 of 31 Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM

Yikes! Six teeth! Louis still loves to "chew" on my chin. I've got to get him to stop that before he pops one of those teeth things out!
#30 of 31 Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Nate is starting to show some independence. He's growing up so fast!

Yesterday my husband informed me that he holds his own bottle before naps when I'm not home . I've never even seen him have a bottle, but apparently he grabs it from my husband and wants to hold it himself.

He's also letting me know that he wants certain toys, or isn't done with something. For example last night I read him a book about dogs. Then dada came in to say goodnight and put the book away. WAAHHHH! (grabbing for the book). Okay, so we read the book again!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page