Bleh, anyone else feeling early pregnancy symptoms but not pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the last month I have felt on and off queasy, light headed, tired, you name it. It is eerily similar to how I feel in early pregnancy, but I've taken 5 pg tests and all are clearly negative. It has got to be hormones, but blaaaaah.
#2 of 24 Old 12-27-2006, 10:44 PM

yep, i have been feeling all those things too, but didn't associate them with early preg. til now... good thing i know i am not actually pregnant.... or atleast i really hope not!

it must be hormones. or exhaustion? or maybe senility!
#3 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is soooo wierd that you post this! I know 100% I am not pregnant, but I keep telling DP that I feel pregnant. I seriously thought I was losing my mind!

Too wierd that others are going through this, as well . . .
#4 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Yup, same here! Achy back, grouchy, starving. If I had a spare test, i'd take it... but I took it when I felt this way last month!

I mentioned it to DH last night, who said, "That would be a total gyp, because i'm supposed to get 3 times the good stuff to make a baby!" I simply can't imagine being pregnant while taking care of an infant... and my hat is off to those who do! You are supermamas!
#5 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
Yup, same here! Achy back, grouchy, starving.
ditto for the past week! I think my body is desperately trying to get over that hormonal hump to get my cycle back.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 02:18 PM

Ugh! I feel the same way, and I told dh that if it weren't for the IUD I have, i would seriously consider taking a test too. Definitely queasy, having headaches, blech!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why do you mamas think this is happening? Does it have something to do with where we are at post-partum or something? Or are we all just un-lucky enough to all randomly be having these symptoms at the same time?
#8 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 07:43 PM

I had the same thing around 4 months after my first DD. Even made an April Fool's joke out of it!

Nothing so far this time, knock wood.
#9 of 24 Old 12-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
I simply can't imagine being pregnant while taking care of an infant... and my hat is off to those who do! You are supermamas!
omg, I KNOW!!!! :

I haven't had symptoms lately, but about 3 weeks ago, for a few days I was quite nauseated & one time actually threw up WHILE I WAS NURSING (just had time to put dd in the crib, run to the bathroom & :Puke

Took a test & neg, thank goodness
#10 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 08:01 AM

oh my gosh, i have totally been worried sick!!! I'm sooooo relieved to see this post. My family picked on me at Christmas for acting very similar to last time during early pregnancy. I REALLY hope that i'm not pregnant again!!! I'm way too scared to actually take a test to find out....

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#11 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 PM

I am NORMAL!
I have been thinking this for weeks too and took a test two weeks ago to make sure...headaches almost every night, weird kind of nausous but not flu like all the time, weird crampy feelings in my uterus, all the same as last january/december. I was wondering if those tests could be wrong! Good to know I am not alone. Seems pretty common- at least among this ddc!
#12 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers View Post
Why do you mamas think this is happening? Does it have something to do with where we are at post-partum or something? Or are we all just un-lucky enough to all randomly be having these symptoms at the same time?
I wonder if it's our hormones adjusting still? It is really strange to see so many of us feeling this way.

#13 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202 View Post
I wonder if it's our hormones adjusting still? It is really strange to see so many of us feeling this way.
I really think it's our fertility trying to return...and I say this because that's what happened after my first son at this time, but of course I wasn't as aware as I am now...and so he and his brother are only 15 months apart!
Just be careful...if you want to be that is!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#14 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 PM

Wierd.

A couple of weeks ago, I could swear that I was preggers again b/c of eerily similar symptoms: extreme exhaustion, boobs and nipples hurting, achy limbs, and nausea one evening. I just chalked it up to the season and a possibly teething DD. I now think that it must be hormones since all of you gals are having these symptoms (and I just had my first 28-day cycle).

Really, though, I am also MUCH more in tune with my body since I've become pregnant and birthed.
#15 of 24 Old 12-29-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
I really think it's our fertility trying to return...and I say this because that's what happened after my first son at this time, but of course I wasn't as aware as I am now...and so he and his brother are only 15 months apart!

You know, this makes sense! I didn't get AF back until ds was about 12 mos old and I remember feeling the same way then and testing a few different times. Hmmm interesting...

#16 of 24 Old 12-30-2006, 05:11 AM

(Exhaling a sigh of relief) I can't believe the timing of this thread, and that I actually had the time to read and post today. I actually just took a PG test today bc I have been so worried. I told dh that there would be no more pity sex around here. Just like pp said, KUDOS to those moms who are preggo while taking care of an infant. I know it is not the right time for us.

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
#17 of 24 Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 AM

i have been feeling very nauseous for the past week too.

must be hormones. i certainly have not started mensturating regularly yet. i wonder when that starts to happen.

dd will be 5 months on monday!!!
#18 of 24 Old 12-31-2006, 03:20 AM

I'm glad to hear all this...I've been having some cramping, back aching, nauseous feelings too. I figured it was just my hormones shifting because the pp hair loss just started and ugh. I can't wait for this phase to be over!!
#19 of 24 Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
This happened with ds1 - I was having so many symptoms that I took a pg test. Two weeks later Aunt Flo made her glorious return! As for this time, well I've been having to pee fifty times a day! Does that count?
#20 of 24 Old 12-31-2006, 09:16 PM

TMI: Just got some tell-tale egg whiteish "stuff" today. Agh!
I'm still amazed that my body could possibly be fertile while breastfeeding round the clock and also donating 100 oz. of milk per week. So much for the ecological contraception theory! :

#21 of 24 Old 01-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I'm still amazed that my body could possibly be fertile while breastfeeding round the clock and also donating 100 oz. of milk per week. So much for the ecological contraception theory! :
I had the egg white stuff a few days ago and today af reappeared! I was so not ready to deal with that yet.
#22 of 24 Old 01-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I have twice gotten af back while exclusively bfing dc - once while tandem nursing! Then I have friends who didn't get it back for two years!!!! I'm jealous. Oh well, the flip side is that I've never had problems getting pg!
#23 of 24 Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 AM

Glad I am not the only one!!! The whole past week, even the thought of coffee made my tummy turn (and that has always been the cue that I'm pregnant before.....) As much as I love my babies, I am not ready for another one, in any way, esp. since DH is deploying for several months in just a few weeks, and neither of my babies are even 2 yet! (and they are ONLY 14 months apart!) I felt like this last month, took a test, it was negative, but I am dragging my heels taking a test this month.......
#24 of 24 Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM

:
THANK THE LORD someone posted this. I actually bought a hpt on the way to the gym last weekend I was freaking out so bad, I took it right there in the lockerroom and almost wept with relief when I couldn't even IMAGINE a line.

SOunds like we must be hitting some hormone haven...together :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page