Does anyone use an exersaucer type thing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was thinking about getting one of these things because I just can't hold DD as much as I would like and she's getting awfully sick of her rocking chair and gymini. I think she'd really get a kick out of it!

Any thoughts? Do you use one? What kind do you have?
#2 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep. We were given it when Ryan was almost 3 months old. He liked it right away, though we didn't use it much until 4 months when he had better torso control.
With AJ we used it at 2 months on the tallest setting . I think he was born ready. He loved it.
Nate is just starting to use it. He's smaller and slower to sit up than his brothers, so he's just getting there, although it is on the middle height setting since he is also tall.
Since our's is 4 years old it doesn't have any flashing lights or gizmos. It's got a mirror and beads, and honestly I like it because he can sit in it and it has a tray all the way around for the toys he prefers. And his brothers can surround him and play WITH him.
Ryan used to sit and eat his breakfast in it when he was 9months-18months old.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 PM

We use one too! I borrowed one from my friend. Spencer just loves it. I even have attached some other toys to it in addition to what was already there and he loves to sit and play.
#4 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 PM

We have one that is a handmedown from a friend...she gave it to me for my older girl and I use it for Chewie when I'm cooking/washing dishes and she's being too wiggly to be worn. She seems to get a kick out if it.
#5 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 PM

We have the Step and Play Piano. We got it when ds1 was born and he loved it. ds2 is just now starting to really like it (before he'd just tolerate it for short periods while I washed dishes or made dinner.)

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#6 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 07:19 PM

we just got one handed down from a neighbor a few days ago. it too is several years old & doesn't take batteries (thank goodness?) & so far is definitely a hit!

erin had pretty good neck control from birth & now has a super-strong back & spends lots of time bouncing "standing up" on our laps... i wouldn have been suprised if she didn't like it!

for better or worse, she's still not happy in anyone place very long, so we don't have to worry about putting her in there too long!
#7 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 PM

These things get a bad name because some people just leave them in there forever. That's really bad on their spinal development. But, for shorter periods of time - many babies love them. I never had on for ds1 and dd2, but they played in them in the church nursery and LOVED them. Dd2 and ds2 both love their little Jump & Go things. They are the things you attach to the door jamb and they jump in them. Louis is hilarious in his. He throws his arms back and laughs - it's adorable.
#8 of 10 Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM

We had one with DD and we brought it out this weekend. Kienan is in the tallest setting and LOVES it... He told me off when I took him out

I use it for getting dinner ready, he is much happier then in his chair

tara
#9 of 10 Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 AM

I think we were just loaned the same one Krista has-- beads and mirrors, 4 years old. And it's wonderful! She wants so desperately to be standing or sitting, and since I can't hold her 24 hours a day, this is a wonderful compromise. She seems to like it well enough, but we can tell when she's done. Now, i've just got to get a high chair... : It's always something, isn't it?
#10 of 10 Old 01-24-2007, 03:20 AM

Yep, dd loved it as she never wanted to be on the floor and always wanted to be standing. We got it out for Ian about a week ago. We have it in the lowest set of holes and he can stand up and move around in it. He jumps and bounces. Our has all the bells and whistles, but I still attach his fav chewy toys to it too. Sis likes to hide and pop up and play peek a boo with him, it's too cute.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page