Is it safe to so-sleep with a soft mattress? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-23-2007, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone,
We've co-slept with our DS since he was born without any problems, but he's started to roll over now (only twice so far!) and I'm concerned with our mattress which has a pillow top. Is it safe to let Owen sleep with us on this mattress or is it necessary for us to buy a new bed? Is there something that I could put on top of the mattress that would make it firmer and safer? Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe get a co-sleeper or crib with the side off that you can push right next to the bed so it's like one giant bed? Or get a nap mat (like used in daycares) to put over it in one section? Otherwise all I can think of is to get a new mattress for now.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 3 Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Personally I wouldn't feel safe co-sleeping on a pillow top mattress. When i got a new mattress when Dd#1 was 7 months old I remember looking at those and thinking how great they were, but that they seemed really, really soft for a baby to lay on.

As another idea, could you put the mattress on the floor and lay a futon or a smaller mattress next to it?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page