~* 5 Months *~ Pictures and milestones! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a pic of Luna Blue from the 18th of this month. Can't believe she is 5 months already!

http://quick.holdthatpic.com/images/49575.jpg

She is so curious and into grabbing everything in sight. She can sit up from reclining by herself and steadies herself and reaches out for things when sitting by herself. She just loves to hold onto things and examine them and she's very good with her hands. She will pass things from hand to hand and likes to make a lot of noise with things like spoons banging on little patty pans in the kitchen.

She is a smiler, for sure. Kaya was such a serious baby that I can't get over how smiley and squealy Luna is. She cracks us up all the time.

Well, she's waking from her nap so my online time is done for now. I'd love to see and hear about your 5 monther!
#2 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 03:48 PM

happy baby cleo

nak - She's fascinated by food and drools and chews along with us. Even stuck her paw in a bowl of salsa the other day! Can sit on her own a little and loves to grab things on the floor when standing (held by hips) and hold them up triumphantly. Lots of babbling, dinosaur sounds, singing, H's, V's, G's. It's amazing!
#3 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM

I just took a photo shoot of Nate today, but I have yet to unload the camera. I always turn some 5 month old photos of each boy into black & white for framing in our room upstairs; it's time for Nate to be added to the collection!
But for the moment...here are his 5 teeth (I can see #6 almost through too); talk about difficult to photograph, it's really hard to get him to show all of his teeth to the camera!
He can do sit-ups from a totally prone position, but still cannot remaining sitting at all unassisted . A couple more weeks to go I think. He loves to stand though, and practice walking, and loves for us to hold him and jump him into the air.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#4 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 03:59 PM

FIVE teeth??? Wow, Charlie doesn't have ANY. Just a lot of drool and fussiness
#5 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Okay, I FINALLY took some pictures to Walgreens. I should have some to post tonight, but they're probably not that recent! Oh well. I'm always a couple of months behind!
#6 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM

here are some picture of little miss personality... wow!

she is rolling all over the place these days. i have given up on trying to keep her on the blankets. the days of a stationary baby are over!

a friend of ours let us borrow a bumbo. its gotten mixed reviews from isa... she would much rather try to sit on her own, even if means no-dives into the floor!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...buWjJw4YsmLCVg
#7 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM

I just love all the pictures! The babies are getting so big. I got my pix back from Walgreens and the first roll was of Easter.: The second roll was of my daughter's third birthday. I'm going to post a picture anyway though! Here is dh and Louis in November.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...-R1-018-7A.jpg
#9 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshi Mama View Post
She is so curious and into grabbing everything in sight. She can sit up from reclining by herself and steadies herself and reaches out for things when sitting by herself. She just loves to hold onto things and examine them and she's very good with her hands. She will pass things from hand to hand and likes to make a lot of noise with things like spoons banging on little patty pans in the kitchen.
Okay, now you're just bragging!

What a cutie pie you have there! I'll have to take some new pics of Eloise. Her main thing is she talks. And talks. And talks. Up at 4:30 am blabbing away. She's going to be just like her big sister! No one will be able to fit a word in when the two of them are together!
#10 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 09:44 PM

These three are my favorites from your set, veganf. When I want to make pics in to black and white I find it's best to choose ones without too much stuff going on in the background. All of them are very sweet!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7724.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7768.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7799.jpg
#11 of 36 Old 01-24-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
So I unloaded my camera from this afternoon . I took sooo many pictures. And I need to choose no more than 4 from the similar series to frame in B&W. I'm having a hard time choosing! Help!
[/url]
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7737.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7744.jpg

These two get my vote - definitely!!! BTW - I love the feet picture. I have an 8 x 10 black and white framed picture in my family room of Louis' feet!
#12 of 36 Old 01-25-2007, 02:38 AM

Here are some pics of Ian from this month. I can't believe he'll be 6mo on the 4th. Time has flown by.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...yZsXVw&notag=1

Let's see what is he doing. He can roll over, but not really all over the place, although I'll lay him down and find him in a totally different spot when I come back. He can almost sit up. I just need to be touching him like holding his hips or an hand. He has such a tiny little butt that he just topples slowly over if I don't hold him. He loves playing with toys and really enjoys his exersaucer. He likes that he can stand up and he even bounces and spins in it. He started making 'b' and 'd' sounds the other day. No teeth, no crawling, no running marathons (lol). If his sister is singing and dancing around he'll start "singing" with her though which is really cute.
#13 of 36 Old 01-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Vegan I vote #1, 7, 11 and the last one. Cute shots ladies!
#14 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 AM

I FINALLY have a recent picture. This chair is right next to my computer. I nursed Louis and he fell asleep, so I laid him in the chair beside me. He promptly flipped over and looked so cute I had to snap a picture.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...-R1-016-6A.jpg
#15 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 12:54 AM

#16 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 05:19 AM

This is my fav http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7720.jpg

This would be my 2nd choice http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7724.jpg

But I like this one too http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/DSCN7805.jpg

BTW, how big is Nate? He looks so long and grown up.
#17 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 AM

Here are 2 I love from last week when she turned 5 months and one of the two of us two weeks before.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/twiligh...n/photostream/

My sweet love. Still not sleeping more than 1-2 hours without waking through the night, still not rolling over but into EVERYTHING and so curious, so capable with her hands, such a motor mouth, and seems to know when she says dadda and mama who it means. When I am not around she looks all around and cries MAAAMAAAA, which is not how she cries any other time. As soon as she sees me she stops calling for me. I swear it is her first word, even though it is early still. :-)
#18 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM

Krista, I've only seen a couple of pics of your DH, but I looked @ these photos of Nate & thought "wow he looks like his dad!" Am I just imagining it?

#19 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight View Post

My sweet love. Still not sleeping more than 1-2 hours without waking through the night, still not rolling over but into EVERYTHING and so curious, so capable with her hands, such a motor mouth, and seems to know when she says dadda and mama who it means. When I am not around she looks all around and cries MAAAMAAAA, which is not how she cries any other time. As soon as she sees me she stops calling for me. I swear it is her first word, even though it is early still. :-)
Luna started saying "MaaaaMaaaaMaaaa" when upset a few days ago. We're not sure if she knows what she is saying, but it is still amazing to hear her little voice say "Mama".
#20 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Erin can officially roll from one end of the room to the other! Yikes! We didn't think we'd have to baby proof until she crawled

Here's a question for you mamas w/ older kids.. how do you prevent babe from rolling under the coffee table (& the like) & bumping her head underneath?
#21 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 in August View Post
BTW, how big is Nate? He looks so long and grown up.
We'll find out when we finally go for a ped appt next week for a 6 month wbv. All my boys are very long though (NO idea why, I'm 5'3" & his dada his 5'7"...last ped said it was just all the healthy food ).

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#22 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
Krista, I've only seen a couple of pics of your DH, but I looked @ these photos of Nate & thought "wow he looks like his dad!" Am I just imagining it?
Ryan and Nate look very much like their dada, although Nate has my eyes. A.J. looks like me when I was little and his great uncle on my husband's side.

#23 of 36 Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Here's a question for you mamas w/ older kids.. how do you prevent babe from rolling under the coffee table (& the like) & bumping her head underneath?
Bump...WAAHH! Bump...WAAHH!! Bump...WAAAHHHHH!!!! repeat a few dozen times....OH!! Guess I'll do something else then.....
Or they learn to walk instead--right at the level of the kitchen counter corners, etc. BUMP...MAMAMAMAMAWAAAAHHHH!! Etc. Repeat until age 3 or so. Just get used to explaining why your child has a black eye, gash on the forehead, etc.

#24 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Bump...WAAHH! Bump...WAAHH!! Bump...WAAAHHHHH!!!! repeat a few dozen times....OH!! Guess I'll do something else then.....
Or they learn to walk instead--right at the level of the kitchen counter corners, etc. BUMP...MAMAMAMAMAWAAAAHHHH!! Etc. Repeat until age 3 or so. Just get used to explaining why your child has a black eye, gash on the forehead, etc.
Hehehe, good to know!!!
#25 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Or you could spend $500 (at least!) at One Step Ahead for baby-proofing gadgets galore that will annoy you, look hideous, and likely remove the paint or leave sticky glop behind when they bite it off at age two or you attempt to remove it at age 22.

#26 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Yeah, like the helmet they sell. HAHAHA!
#27 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight View Post
Yeah, like the helmet they sell. HAHAHA!
OMG that helmet is hysterical! I suppose there are actual medical reasons why a child would need one, but for the average babe, that's like way above and beyond the realm of normal paranoia!
#28 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 06:36 PM

Seizure disorder, etc yes there are medical reasons but the ad says "protect novice noggins". Yes, the average new walker should wear a HELMET to protect against those fatal tumbles...leading cause of death amongst babies is walking without a helmet.
#29 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
We'll find out when we finally go for a ped appt next week for a 6 month wbv. All my boys are very long though (NO idea why, I'm 5'3" & his dada his 5'7"...last ped said it was just all the healthy food ).
I'll be looking forward to hearing. He easily looks like an 8mo in some of those pics.
#30 of 36 Old 02-01-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Erin can officially roll from one end of the room to the other! Yikes! We didn't think we'd have to baby proof until she crawled

Wow! Ian isn't that industrious I remember when my dd could walk under our dining room table. As she got taller we'd yell "Oh hunny watch your..." thud, crying. It took a few times but she finally learned to duck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page