Weight Loss? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone here struggling with weight loss after baby? I didn't have this hard of a time of it after DS1, and I still have about 15 pounds to go... Anyhow, just wondering how you're all doing and if anyone else is frustrated and a little fat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't so much say "struggling" as I'm not really doing anything to try and get it off, but yes, it's hanging on for dear life!

I probably have about 15 lbs to go, as well. It would be nice if it just mysertiously disappeared by summer!
#3 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 03:08 PM

I still have 10lbs to go. And the last 15 have really hung on (it's taken 3 months to loose 5lbs.) BUT, I really haven't been working out since I've been back to work. I just don't want to make the time right now, I miss my babies too much.

I'll probably head back to the Y in the next month or so (dh's work schedule has lightened up a bit, so I'll feel less guilty.)

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#4 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM

I haven't weighed myself in ages, so I'm not sure how much I still have to lose, but I'm not in my pre-preggo clothes yet...I think it's around 10 lbs or so. Of course, it might help if I actually went to the gym, but I just CAN"T leave dd at the gym daycare yet. Maybe in a month...for now I'm just walking, nursing (yay breastfeeding!), and trying not to eat too many sweets. And looking at my fitness ball in the corner, thinking about doing some sit-ups!
#5 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 03:50 PM

I'm about 14 pounds under my PPW, but I still have some more to go.
#6 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Well it's interesting... I'm around my pre-preg weight, but the shape of my body has changed so much (erin's #1). That "muffin top" has made my waist much bigger So I don't have any clothes that fit right

ugh... I've found that I've been doing a lot of comfort eating while @ home w/ Erin (which is most of the time).

The combination of the cold weather & not wanting to leave her in child care yet @ the Y while I work out has been a bad combination...
#7 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
Well it's interesting... I'm around my pre-preg weight, but the shape of my body has changed so much (erin's #1). That "muffin top" has made my waist much bigger So I don't have any clothes that fit right
Is this whole "muffin top" thing a new trend? I have never heard it before and now suddenly I hear it all the time! It's a great description for what's going on over here, too
#8 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM

My pre-baby clothes fit again, but they're snug and different.

I was doing well, but I think I've gained a few pounds back because:
- my aerobics instructor had foot surgery right before the holidays. But she's do back in February! Hooray!
- holidays and birthdays galore.
- winter weather and a busy husband.
- PMS for frickin' ever...I just want to get my period and get back to feeling "normal" again!
- a big appetite while feeding 1 1/2 babies.

Once I'm back at aerobics I'm sure I'll start heading in the right direction again. And then once spring's here and Nate is eating food it'll be easier too.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#9 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

I gave up thinking that my clothes would ever fit the same way after I had DS1. I have so many things that are the right 'size' but my boobs/butt/thighs/muffin top make them look weird. I need to get my behind off the couch more often... LOL!

It wasn't this hard to lose the weight after DS1-I guess that's what another 4 years does to you and your metabolism.
#10 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 04:33 PM

i'm actually having the opposite problem : . for once in my life!

i can't get enough calories to keep my milk supply up. i wake up at 2am absolutely starving. i just can't get enough to eat. and that combined with such an active/no sleeper, i burn alot of calories just keeping up with her and trying to get her to sleep.

that said though, i have lost tons of muscle. so i still feel the muffin top thing!
#11 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 PM

3 lbs to go but yes Jen my body doesn't look the same in the waist area.
#12 of 23 Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 PM

I was losing weight and then got hit with something emotional and got my big butt back! Oh well - back on the wagon again........
#13 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 AM

I am losing finally Around 6 months is when it kicks in for me.
I do the 1000 minute challenge in the fitness section (though haven't made 1000 since Kienan was born). I also joined sparkpeople to do a quick food diary to make sure I was eating the calories I thought I was (I am )

So it is going pretty good here.

My body changed so much after my first pregnancy and even though I lost the weight my body has been different since then

tara
#14 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 03:18 AM

I just weighed myself this morning and I have about 3.5lbs to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. Not bad since I gained about 60 lbs. I still have a jelly belly though and things don't fit right; old clothes are too tight in places they shouldn't be or aren't nursing friendly. I bought a few pairs of pants around Thanksgiving but they're too big which is annoying since I always have to keep pulling them up.
#15 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 PM

With dd I lost more weight than I had gained, which was very nice since I needed to loose weight. But now with ds I've actually gained wt since I've had him. I have to get my eating back on track but I just can't cook 2 separate meals and dh won't eat veggie let alone vegan, so I end up eating omni and it isn't pretty right now.
#16 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 03:37 PM

I am having a hard time losing too. About 7 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight-but I was overweight to begin with.

I did manage to squeeze into a pair of preprego jeans! woohoo! LOVE THAT SEXY muffin top! (shaking my belly!)
#17 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers View Post
Is this whole "muffin top" thing a new trend? I have never heard it before and now suddenly I hear it all the time! It's a great description for what's going on over here, too

I've heard the term for years now. I think it was invented with low cut jeans.
#18 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

You guys won't believe this, but I saw a picture in my mom's People magazine showing some celebrities wearing HIGH WAISTED JEANS!!!! And I mean high-like up to, if not past their natural waists. I don't know what's worse, the low-cut with the thong hanging out, the pencil legs, or now the Pat Benatar high-wasters. I'm doomed-NONE of these things look good on me, so I guess I'll be stuck in my mid-height boot cuts for the rest of my life.

EGADS!!!!
#19 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 04:31 PM

Please don't let high waisted come back.....

I like a nice medium waist, just below the belly button but keeping the butt in

tara
#20 of 23 Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Tara-I totally agree with you. There is a REASON that some things are no longer in style. Ugh.

I just wanted to pass along a website that was recommended to me for keeping track of Weight Watchers points, carbs, or general dietary information: www.dietfacts.com

I'm home sick today, so I've spent the day horrifying myself with the amount of calories, fat, carbs, you name it in some of my favorite things. Good thing I like broccoli... LOL!
#21 of 23 Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 AM

I have 15Lbs to go and could stand to ditch another 10 after that. Not bad though I was up 75+Lbs. My stomach, just will never be the same though, that skin has been streeeettchhed! Oh well no bikini contests for me
#22 of 23 Old 01-31-2007, 06:05 AM

okay~ i haven't weighed myself, but i feel as though i'm at my pre preg weight - however, i look completely different ~ all of my pre preg clothes fit, but they fit ALL wrong. I somehow lost weight in my butt it was barely there to begin with!!! and I definately have the muffin top thing going on!!! UGH... I've been doing yoga every morning - i really hope that toning up is possible...if not, no big deal! We definately have a reason thats all that matters to me Everytime I look at my daughter, I realize that it doesn't matter how many stretch marks I acquired and how weird my jelly belly is (especially with a nice black line down the middle)

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#23 of 23 Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina~mom2be View Post
Everytime I look at my daughter, I realize that it doesn't matter how many stretch marks I acquired and how weird my jelly belly is (especially with a nice black line down the middle)
Insert 'ya that icon' here

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page