6 Months!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At 11:05am Nate will be 6 months old!!! Woo hoo!

Let's post those 6 months photos and stats!
(I'll edit with stats when he has his 6 month wbv next week.)

My husband and I have a mini-celebration at 6 months. Things we especially like about 6 months:
- sitting up
- solid food
- SIDS rates decline considerably
- usually they start saying mama and dada soon (although I think AJ said "tofu" before "mama" : )
- oh yeah...and I know a lot of parents don't do it here, but at 6 months I start a gradual night-weaning process.

Nate this morning.
Nate can sit up for maybe 10 second before toppling over backwards or sideways. He's definitely my latest sitter. He still loves to play with the bars on his playgym.
Nate and I on the couch where he was born at 11:05am. Whee!!! Awww, mama.
In a sling chewing on fingers.
Boring day brothers photo.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 PM

HAHA, tofu. Aria just turned 5 months 5 days ago si I won't be writing here for a while but 2 weeks ago tomorrow at her wbv she weighed 14.1 lbs, 24.5 inches, 60% for weight, head and length. Incidentally she doubled her birth weight of 7lbs even. :-)
Things I will look forward to: food so she can stop being mad that I won't give it to her and sleep for longer than 1-2 hr increments, although I am not even daring to hope at this point.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Eloise goes in for her WBV a week from today. I can't wait to see how much she weighs, because, as you all know, I love stats!

It's going to be so much fun to start solids. At least, it will be if she's anwhere near as excited about it as her big sister was!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 PM

Louis won't be six months for three weeks, but I cannot believe how fast this is going. I mean, it's exciting and all, but it's just so fast!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Ian will be 6mo on Sun. His check-up is Mon. Yesterday he was 14lb 5oz. He seems so big now. I'll update on Mon with his length and such.

Krista, I love the pics of Nate!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:58 PM

we still two weeks to go but i think isa is at 13.5lbs, 24.5 inches. she's a squirelly little peanut these days though. or a fish out of water, wiggling all over the floor, not sure which!

i am looking forward to solids, but secretly i am kinda sad that she won't be 100% bf too.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 PM

E will be 6mo on Sunday and his wbv is Monday, so I'll be back with stats. Definitely nowhere near sitting on his own, he's just too mellow for that. Not ready yet for solids either - really no interest. but, I'm fine with that!

Krista, those pix are too cute!

STATS:

27-3/4" L
19 lbs 7.5oz

I just can't believe how big he's getting.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:58 PM

Krista, Nate's teeth are unbelievable!!!

Erin's nowhere near sitting up either...

I wanna know how big the_lissa's Liam is!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:19 AM

great pics!!!!

Kienan will be 6 months tommorow. He doesn't have a WBV until 7 months though. I measure him once a month and will post that tommorow. It is really going so fast sigh...

tara
Old 02-02-2007, 02:42 AM

Aw, Vegan he's gorgeous!! Charlie just turned 5 months 3 days ago...not 6 month update for us yet!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:17 PM

mrs rockstar - have you changed your username from something else?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Nate's 6 months stats:

18lbs.4oz. (he was 8lbs.4oz. at birth)
29.5 inches long

and of course he impressed the doctor with his 6 teeth.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 02-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Will's only 5 months old since he was at the end of the Aug babies.

He just got his 5th tooth this morning! He sits up for a few seconds, he laughs, he giggles, he is a lot of fun.
21 lbs
27 inches

So, vegan, tell me more about gentle night weaning. I'm all ears.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Pretty much a combo of the No Cry Sleep Solution and some others, as well as some research by a certain sleep doctor who will remain nameless as it caused problems last time I mentioned the F word.
It's just gradually stretching out time between feedings, and then reducing duration of feedings.
Right now Nate likes to eat when I come to bed, and sometimes again very shortly thereafter, then at 1, 4, 5, 6. So right now I'm starting to try to get him from the time I come to bed until 1. I try to have him fall back asleep for a few minutes without eating at all. Otherwise I look at the clock to see when he woke up, and try not to feed him until at least 1 minute later than the previous night (or longer if he's not upset).
For us it's all about reducing night-feeding and increasing daytime-feeding (which is hard for Nate because he's so distracted by his brothers' antics). I try to feed him in a quiet room now during the day so he can concentrate, and I try to soothe him or shhh him at night until X hour:minute, and eventually over the course of a month it's amazing how much of a difference it can make. With my other boys it took 2-3 months and they went from bedtime until 4-5 am without waking to eat. After that it was very easy to transition them to their own room (which for us is our goal as we don't sleep very well with a baby (heck, not even with eachother) in our bed).

Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Hi!

Gingi is 17 and half pounds and 30 inches long! She's a big gal and taking her time with being able to sit up. today she had a few "clunks" as she toppled onto the floor from sitting, so i have to keep propping her up!

we've fed her rice gruel, but nothing else. oh, maybe some soup when we go out to dinner (the broth part). What all are you ladies feeding right now?

vegan f -- I night weaned LONG ago. gingi was an all night nurser and I can't sleep while nursing. I was sleeping 1-2 hours a night. no kidding. By 2 months, I had lost all my milk from exhaustion. so my dh took over the night shift, feeding organic formula as needed (which turned out to be once a night). It's fantabulous to get a full night sleep!! My milk came right back in after i had caught up on my sleep. my first dc we night weaned by about nine months old. we did it by having my dh co-sleep with her instead of me and my breasts!!

must run.
love keeping track of you all... I am sorry i havent' been so voluble as some, but i've been so busy...! as if u guys havent!

Kids. I got two of 'em.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Nate has still had nothing but breastmilk. I just bought some organic bananas, so maybe tomorrow I'll let him try one. And we're going out for sushi tonight and I may bring along an extra avocado for him to try. And the camera of course! Gotta get a photo of his first tastes of food!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
vegan f -- I night weaned LONG ago. gingi was an all night nurser and I can't sleep while nursing. I was sleeping 1-2 hours a night. no kidding. By 2 months, I had lost all my milk from exhaustion. so my dh took over the night shift, feeding organic formula as needed (which turned out to be once a night). It's fantabulous to get a full night sleep!! My milk came right back in after i had caught up on my sleep. my first dc we night weaned by about nine months old. we did it by having my dh co-sleep with her instead of me and my breasts!!
What was your method? Did your husband just soothe her back to sleep? How long did it take?
I don't like methods that include crying, even nearby or in arms, although sometimes a minute or two snuggled next to me of fussing or minor crying and he'll go back to sleep so I'm okay with that, but that's it. Plus any loud crying would wake up the big brothers who sleep close by in the next room with the door open (our house is small and old and sounds tend to echo).

Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202 View Post
It looks like that is the user formerly known as Jesamin, am I right?

And i'm an idiot, Eloise goes on the 15th, not the 8th. Where is my brain lately?

Are any other babes not sitting up yet? Eloise STILL isn't! DD#1 was sitting up quite well at 5 months and now at almost 6 months DD#2 is no where near. We sit her up and she immediately topples over. Her legs are so strong, we can stad her up next to things and she can hold on, but no sitting. Oh, she can also be lying on her back and pick her head up to look around, so you know she's got strong muscles! Sigh. Maybe she just doesn't want to?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202 View Post
Yep, I was jesamin for the longest. Needed something new
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 AM

happy 1/2 birthday to all our ddc babies.

calliope turned 1/2 on 2/1. we bought ourselves a bouquet of pussy willows and lillies.

here is why she is great:
she looks like me and dh.
she is independent.
she doesn't like pink.

here are the things she does that we love:
sits up
picks her clothes and books
loves to say "hey"
likes to look in the mirror
uses both hands at the same time

as always, you can see her photos at: www.ruskins.org
Old 02-06-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers View Post

Are any other babes not sitting up yet? Eloise STILL isn't! DD#1 was sitting up quite well at 5 months and now at almost 6 months DD#2 is no where near. We sit her up and she immediately topples over. Her legs are so strong, we can stad her up next to things and she can hold on, but no sitting. Oh, she can also be lying on her back and pick her head up to look around, so you know she's got strong muscles! Sigh. Maybe she just doesn't want to?
Sounds exactly like Ian. If I'm not touching him in some way, he can't sit up. We joke that it's because he's got such a tiny butt. He was just standing holding onto his activity cube thingy yesterday, he stands and jumps in the exersaucer, he picks up his head when he's on his back too. He just doesn't seem to get the sitting thing though. Even if I prop him in the corner of the couch, he slides sideways.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkers View Post
Erin too!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs rockstar View Post
Yep, I was jesamin for the longest. Needed something new
I thought so!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM

E doesn't sit either. He does okay with a lot of support (me holding him on either side of his back) otherwise, he just topples over.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM

I've been waiting to chime in here until we had the big day...and now that Stella is officially 6 months and 1 day.....here's her big update!

13 lbs, 13 oz (10th percentile...let's hear it for itty bitty babies!)
24.5 in
sitting up unassisted like a champ!
loves, and I mean LOVES, to grab and eat paper
has a new crop of baby hair growing in after she lost her newborn hair
no solids yet, she gagged on a mushy bit of banana, so we're waiting a bit
goes crazy laughing at our dog
started zantac today for persistent reflux that isn't going away
Otherwise, she is the happy beautiful light of my life!
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL121.../228814090.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL121.../228814088.jpg
Old 02-10-2007, 01:08 AM

Well, due to bad weather, I rescheduled Ian's 6mo checkup for the 19th. Since we'll be closed down before that I thought I'd put in what I do know. When I weighed him on 2-7-07 he was 15lb 2oz!! Last week he was 14 lb 5oz so he is now growing like a weed. His fav thing to do is blow razzies and say brrrmmm (coming from a family of car and bike guys, this melts gr-pa's heart). He giggles and has the cutest belly laugh. He likes to rough-house already. He loves it when I hold him above my head, quickly drop him down to my chest and then bounce him (think of something like the bounce at the end of a bungee jump but in a skydiving type position, lol). Most of all he loves his sister.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:17 AM

till not 6 months but Aria rolled over, finally, for the first, second, third and fourth time yesterday!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight View Post
till not 6 months but Aria rolled over, finally, for the first, second, third and fourth time yesterday!!!
Yay Aria!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Aw, how fun to get an update from you all. I know I haven't posted much, but I spent most of my pregnancy reading this forum and I'm going to miss it when it get's archived!

Carla's 6 months stats were:
22.4 pounds
26.6 inches

She sits and can roll from her back to her front, but I haven't seen her do it the other way around.We've given solids a try but she isn't too impressed, although she seems fond of her sippycup (she doesn't actually drink much though).

She is so much more fun now than just a month ago. I can't believe so little time has such an impact..
Old 02-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Way to go Aria!!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperminx View Post
She is so much more fun now than just a month ago. I can't believe so little time has such an impact..
SO TRUE!!!! :

User Tag List