Mothering Forum banner

Any good, natural baby sunscreens?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  taradt 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good sunscreen without all the chemicals, etc that are in the sunscreens at the pharmacy. We're going to Florida at the end of the month and Owen is incredibly fair skinned so I need one that's going to work really well but not be full of crap. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I have used this sunscreen with my older DD, who has red hair and very fair skin. It has always worked really well. Better, in fact, than Coppertone (she always burned when I put Coppertone on her!). I bought the brand in that link because it was always a bit cheaper at the health food store and it worked well. There is a list of ingredients on that link, too, so you can check for what you're specifically looking for.

Have fun in Florida! My DP is there right now. Lucky guy!

#5 ·
We just starting using one that I really like for Isa when we are out and about in the snow. It's a favorite of a few moms I know.

It's called SUN for Kid's by Alba Botanicals. Not organic but paraben free, though I am not sure about the other ingredients
. It's not that expensive either, considering. We like it cause it's great for protection but not too thick and greasy.

---

Doh! just realized mamamilkers recommended the same thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.