anyone feel like the laziest mom in the world - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have not been feeling so hot this pregnancy, but i'm lucky b/c it could be much worse from other posts i've seen.

i have a toddler and this is the kinda stuff i've been feeding him::

cereal
fruit
yogurt
a microwaved potato or sweet potato
luckily somedays there are leftovers for lunch
oh and we have gone through so many crackers
crackers with peanut butter
peanut butter sandwhiches

if it isn't instant we aren't eating it ha! i have been cooking a dinner though.

and we went outside yesterday b/c i had to take the rent check down and it helped A LOT!

anyone else doing the bare minimum?
#2 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM

*Slowly raises her hand*

I haven't been feeling to crappy the last week or so. Was pretty bad before then, but I have just been so incredibly tired, that it's all I can to do get off the recliner. My son is so sweet though; he'll come up and sit in my lap and call himself Cuddlebug. We also have so 100% fruit snacks and so pre-bagged goldfish crackers that I let him go grab if he wants a quick snack. Luckily I have a little one that just loves fruits and vegetables, so snacks and small meals are pretty easy. I do make a nice dinner too, although, that pretty much just does me in for the night.

I know what you mean about only doing the bare minimum though.
#3 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 PM

Me! My house is falling apart, but I actually have been cooking better because I'm SO HUNGRY. Poor dd is getting cabin fever because I never want to leave the house because I'm too lazy to shower!

She'll be happy that we HAVE to leave the house today because she's only got 3 diapers left.
#4 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 PM

I am awful I just want to sleep all the time and with 4 boys and running a home daycare I really don't have time. Some days I think I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open. I can't remember being this tried and "grouchy" with the other boys and I work out of the home when I was pregnant with the twins. Some days I feel like this kid is sucking the life right out of me. But, only 4 more weeks and I am done with the first trem. Don't feel bad I cook lunch because of daycare but my family is lucky to get a big supper. Usually leftovers or dad has to cook. Hang in there.
#5 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskamom
I am awful I just want to sleep all the time and with 4 boys and running a home daycare I really don't have time. Some days I think I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open. I can't remember being this tried and "grouchy" with the other boys and I work out of the home when I was pregnant with the twins. Some days I feel like this kid is sucking the life right out of me. But, only 4 more weeks and I am done with the first trem. Don't feel bad I cook lunch because of daycare but my family is lucky to get a big supper. Usually leftovers or dad has to cook. Hang in there.
Wow! I can only try to imagine how exhausted you are!
#6 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskamom
I do home daycare too! Although I only have two little ones part time right now, a 6 month old and 4 year old but I'm expecting things to pick up soon. It is the hardest thing for me right now! I'm okay dealing with it all right now, except for the nausea. I don't mind changing my son's diapers, but the other baby's make me want to vomit plus he only drinks formula which turns my stomach when I have to make his bottles.

My energy level seems to go back and forth. Some days I am a bundle of energy we play, I cook, I clean, I cook more. But other I just do the minimum...besides dinner I always cook dinner unless my hubby is home...he's a chef so he automatically gets that duty!
#7 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 03:18 PM

A home daycare while pregnant?? Wow. You deserve an award for that one!

I've been too tired to cook. Poor dh. We've been spending so much money (that we don't have) on take-out. Plus, whenever I cook something, but the time it's finished I'm too sick of it to eat it!

I'm also having a hard time with the "am I miscarrying or not" mentality. It's been up and down for the past 2 weeks and I just can't take it anymore. It's making me depressed. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I've been skipping out on classes so I can rest. I feel so guilty

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#8 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2be
A home daycare while pregnant?? Wow. You deserve an award for that one!
I'll second that. Luckily, the weather here has been beautiful. I've been telling myself if I just keep cleaning and going on hikes with the dog and my daughter then I'll be too busy to feel sick.

It kind of works. Today, we went two miles and discovered a beautiful hidden mangrove beach where the sound splashed up on the shore. I let Dylan take off her shoes and pants and run around in the water for a while.

Hopefully, it made up for the icecream cones we had for breakfast. I dont' know how to tell a 3 year old she can't have one when it is the only thing that wasn't turning my stomach this morning!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#9 of 14 Old 02-02-2006, 06:02 PM

Evergreen-Where do you live? It sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! Wanna trade houses? You can come live in freezing, snowy Maine

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#10 of 14 Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2be
Evergreen-Where do you live? It sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! Wanna trade houses? You can come live in freezing, snowy Maine
I live on the barrier islands of North Carolina. I love it here! Sorry, I detest the snow

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#11 of 14 Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM

It's funny- I have been describing myself as feeling useless to anybody who asks. Everything makes me tired and I don't want to deal with cooking at all. With an almost 3 year old, I can't help but feel a little guilty! I just try to give myself the same advice I have given other mothers over and over again- It's not going to be like this forever!

In the meantime I have to work on making drinking water appealing again... Maybe that will help?

Mama to J and E .
#12 of 14 Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole

if it isn't instant we aren't eating it ha!

anyone else doing the bare minimum?
I am! I cannot really cook dinner...that would involve too much time thinking about and handling food (ick!) so I buy a bunch of stuff like the items you listed(I have a toddler too) and we also get deli sandwiches and stuff from the market.
I like cleaning at this time because it makes the house smell good and fresh (especially laundry soap!) I am becoming obessed with the cleanliness of my bathroom!
I have also been watching a lot of stupid TV because I feel so out of it!!! I remember feling like this with #1 and it ended after the first trimester so I only have a few weeks to go!
I hope everyone else starts feeling well again! Jennifer

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#13 of 14 Old 02-04-2006, 10:23 PM

omg, im so glad im not the only one!!
I have a 3 year old son, he is pretty good, but since he is an only child he likes me to play with him most of the day, i end up laying on the floor playing. My house is a big mess, im only keeping up with what i have to, unloading the dishwasher, laundry stuff like that. Im so tired, i remember how nice it was when i was pregnant with Jordan, because i was in college, i would go to school for 4-6 hours a day, and then come home and lay on the couch the rest of the day and night. I was pregnant last year and that was even worse than this, Jordan was in Diapers, and everytime he pooped i was gagging, i even threw up because of it a few times. I had morning sickness until 16weeks!! and then at 17weeks i found out the baby no longer had a heartbeat, so to top everything off, im petrified this pregnancy of something bad happening.

7 weeks 1 day!!!!
#14 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 02:24 PM

seriously I get up at 8 get cereal for the school kids and lay down on the couch falling in and out of sleep with DS3 watches PBS until around 11-1 when I get up get him lunch (yogurt) and finally start moving.

I am the worst mom ever this pregnancy.

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page