Anyone's toddler acting weird? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2006, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm "coming out" here--due 9/22ish with #2. Had a miscarriage in November, am 40, but feel super pg (MORNING sickness? I wish!), so cautiously optimisitic...

Meanwhile...my ds (19 mo) has begun to act STRANGELY. Whiny, clingy--normally an exceptionally good natured boy. Any of you with toddlers find your little one's sensing something's up with Mommy? Could be the two's...who knows, but wondered if anyone had some insight.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 PM

My furry children have been acting up but not my human children (who don't know about the new babe yet).

I suspect that my Dear Puppy (13months)smells the pregnancy and is worried about her place in the pack already. She stole and ate a whole pound and a half of lunchmeat off the kitchen counter last week, then later in the day had two "accidents" after being in for only an HOUR . We had to baby gate that part of the kitchen off, and that's working for now. The cat has been around when I was pg before and isn't as bad as the dog, though has taken to sleeping in unusal for him places.

We won't be telling DDs for a couple more weeks...During February vacation. DD1 has a big mouth and it'd be all over school by Monday if she knew. Since I volunteer there 3hrs/week I'm not really wanting them to know just yet... But I am surprised that DDs don't suspect something...

Heather
Old 02-03-2006, 07:57 PM

My ds is only 16 mos, but I did notice some changes. First, it was wanting to nurse constantly and being frustrated at the lower milk supply. He got over that, but still loves to nurse! Then, he got to where he only wanted Ma-ma- no one else. He's always preferred me, but would go to Dad, etc. This lasted a week or so and we thought maybe he was sensing something. He got through that too, and is his normal self again. Of course, he's also sprouting some teeth, so it could be related to that instead. Who knows?? But I have heard that it is not unusual for a toddler to "sense" a pregnancy and cling to Mom...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 PM

My DS is 27 months, and when we first found out, he started acting up. He absolutely HAD to have 100% of our attention at all times. My hubby and son have a very beautiful and close relationship (so much so, that it makes me cry tears of happiness sometimes), but in the last couple weeks he's been very clingy to me instead of being that way with daddy. I have the same "I wonder if he knows something is going on with mommy" thoughts. We haven't told him yet that we are going to have a baby, as we want to wait until I'm actually showing. But, I get the feeling he knows something is going on.

User Tag List