Watery discharge? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Probably TMI, but:

Yesterday I was out walking the dog and all of a sudden I felt a gush of water come out. I kept walking and about 20 minutes later it happened again. When I got home I looked at my cloth panty liner and noticed it was slightly yellow (most off-white like my normal discharge) but much more watery than usual. It seemed to dry up on the panty liner and was a bit sticky, but coming out it certainly wasn't!

Then it happened again today. It's enough that I need to change my panty liner.

Should I be worried?? I'm wondering if it could be linked to an incompetent cervix Has anyone else experienced this. I only seem to get it when I am out walking.

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM

I've had more discharge in the last couple weeks, and it's watery and I feel it, but not so much I have to change my pantiliner. Have you called your midwife (or whoever is providing your care)? Couldn't hurt, to put your mind at ease. Good luck, mum2be!

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
#3 of 10 Old 03-07-2006, 07:21 PM

Mum2be, I had exactly that the other day... it was basically a gush of watery discharge and seemed like at least a couple tablespoons.

It was, however the day after DH and I made love, and there was all sorts of stuff coming out (I guess since it couldn't go in ).

I am sorry, I do not recall, have you been diagnosed with a cervical problem? I cannot figure out why a cervix that was deemed "incompetent" (Don't you love the language in birth?) would let out a bunch of water. In order for it to be amniotic fluid, if that is what you are worried about, you would have to have ruptured membranes obviously.

What is your body telling you? What is the baby telling you?

And do you have a care provider? Maybe she has something to say about it?

Jaya- unschooling mama to Ariah Rayheartbeat.gif1/02   Rukundo Pacifiquebuddamomimg1.png11/08  

missing Trace Oak candle.gif 10/25/06

#4 of 10 Old 03-07-2006, 07:39 PM

I'll get that when exercising some times. Um, like the PPs said, I have all sorts of discharge since becoming pregnant, but I especially notice more watery stuff with exercise.

No advice, I was just assuming mine was normal, and thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one

Cara
#5 of 10 Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Well, I am really going to embarass myself and tell you that happens to me sometimes and I am in fact wetting my pants. : Usually it's when I cough, sneeze, laugh or lift something heavy, but occasionally it just comes out on its own. Are you postive that it's not urine? Though I don't think urine would be sticky, would it? Hmmmm.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#6 of 10 Old 03-08-2006, 08:32 PM

This happened to me earlier in this pregnancy. I have NEVER had pregnancy incontinence and I know it came from my cervix. I clearly felt it come down my vaginal canal, and without TMI I am VERY aware of what that feeling is like.

However, this kind of discharge can be normal. It's not amniotic fluid. Remember that amniotic fluid constantly replenishes, too. Even if your water did break early, swearing off vaginal checks, sex and being terribly careful can ensure a lasting pregnancy.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#7 of 10 Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot
Even if your water did break early, swearing off vaginal checks, sex and being terribly careful can ensure a lasting pregnancy.
That is interesting! Thank you. Friday I had an internal with the midwife and she spent about 5 minutes looking for my cervix. She couldn't find it! Meanwhile, she's twisting around that duck-bill thing inside me. Ouch! I can't help but wonder if that did something to me?

Thanks everyone for your advice. I've tried calling the midwife all day and can't get in touch with her. I guess I have to wait longer.

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#8 of 10 Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
Well, I am really going to embarass myself and tell you that happens to me sometimes and I am in fact wetting my pants. : Usually it's when I cough, sneeze, laugh or lift something heavy, but occasionally it just comes out on its own. Are you postive that it's not urine? Though I don't think urine would be sticky, would it? Hmmmm.
I've had some issues with a little bit of leaking as well. My good friend said that I should be doing kougal (sp?) exercises... even early in your pregnancy. I'm not sure if you've heard of them but essentially you contract the muscle you would use to stop yourself when you pee. Contract for about 10 seconds and do this 5 times in row. Do this about 3 times a day. By doing this you are strenghening that muscle that can become weak with the baby's weight on it. I've found it helpful. It should eventually help with the sneezing and stuff... just make sure that you are tightening that muscle before you sneeze.

Hope that is helpful,
Sara
#9 of 10 Old 03-21-2006, 03:19 PM

our midwife likes to say that "pregnant women are extra juicy" with regards to discharges and such. it sounds like it might be just juice.

and i'm sure everyone knows this, but it seems to be a theme echoing in my life right now so i'm going to share again anyway: you have the ability and right to decline any and all during pregnancy vaginal internal exams and pap smears. you also have the ability and right to request more information as to why a care provider would like to do a vaginal internal exam or pap smear and then make your own educated decision about whether or not you would like them to proceed. you also have the ability and right to stop them in the midst of performing a vaginal internal exam or pap smear if you become uncomfortable or if it causes you pain.

as i said, i'm sure you all know this and i completely respect your choices regardless of what they are, but care providers performing tests and procedures because the individual is under the impression that it is required or necessary instead of being part of their choices has been a theme in my life recently and i just wanted to share.

~claudia
#10 of 10 Old 03-22-2006, 04:39 PM

Hi! Jumping in from the October DDC...I thought this might help ease your mind. I got it from the dr.sears website http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T010400.asp#T010402 :

PHYSICAL CHANGES Weeks 13-16:

Increased vaginal discharge. A milky, slightly odorous vaginal discharge the consistency of egg white is normal during pregnancy, and often occurs in increasing amounts as your pregnancy progresses. This mucoid discharge resembles premenstrual vaginal discharge, except that it's heavier and constant. The same mechanisms (pregnancy hormones and increased blood flow to the tissues) that prepare the vagina for the passage of the baby are also responsible for this increase in secretions. Many women change their underwear several time a day, or wear panty liners to stay comfortably dry.

Best wishes to you!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page