Old 03-24-2006, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. What's your due date?
Sept. 7th
2. How old are you?
21, will be 22 when baby's born
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)
Southern Ontario
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)?
A Home at the End of the World, Frida
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have?
This will be our first. I'd like to have four.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?
A Language Older than Words and Listening to the Land, both by Derrik Jensen
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?
You Are My Sunshine (we are also considering Sunshine as our boy's name)
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?
Where the Wild Things Are, Love You Forever
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?
I am a Suzuki Violin teacher, and was also a teacher's aide in junior kindergarten before I got pregnant and decided to cut down to one job.
10. What kind of music do you like?
Folk music, classical, girl rock, and all the old good stuff like Janis Joplin
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)
Non-pregnant, chana masala. Pregnant, nothing.
12. What is your favorite quote?
Civilized man can't hear the wolf calling him "brother", can't hear the earth calling him "child". - I dunno who said that
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My creative implusiveness
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?
Just the bare minimum - no perfumes, no make-up, hemp shampoo and body wash and that's it.
15. What are your hobbies?
Playing violin, knitting, cooking, reading, walking, travelling (not for long!), singing in the shower, sleeping.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Walking the dog
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?
Home birth in water, just me at the daddy with the midwife watching but not interfering
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?
Nothing, we're co-sleeping and aside from adding a baby dresser to our bedroom nothing's really changed.
19. What kinds of pets do you have?
Bluetick coonhound/bloodhound cross, and hubby
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?
I let out massive farts under the blankets just to hear hubby shriek...:

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2006, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xina
yes, I did enjoy it! though some nights it was _ very_ cold and too noisy to sleep (why would I want to do that??) maybe someday i'll manage to go again....

actually, a friend who originally convinced me to go still goes, and last year she took her 1 year old along. they camped in the family section, and had a wonderful time. she sent me a photograph of this amazing, huge, pirate ship they had for the kids to play in!
Ahhh now I really want to go. I wonder if DD would have a good time. Hmmm we might have to plan to go in 2007. It's really not that far from where I am! Hey, maybe us MDC mamas could meet up if we all went! That would be so cool

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
Old 03-25-2006, 03:54 AM

Here we go:

1. What's your due date? Sept 22
2. How old are you? 24
3. Where do you live? Seattle Area
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? The Little Mermaid, Return to Me
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? have 2 1/2 want around 6...I used to want 26
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? the scriptures
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I sing them a song my birth mother made up to sing to me.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? the froggy series
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I hope to open a B&B some day
10. What kind of music do you like? country, clasical, religous
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) potatoes and cheese
12. What is your favorite quote? Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? my creativity
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? exfoliating and a good lotion
15. What are your hobbies? lets see, what don't I like? I scrapbook, sew, quilt, knit, crochet, garden, cook, bake, clean, shop, organize...
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? the baby will be born with no handicaps (a very real possibility this time ) and I will be able to have a normal, natural labor and delivery with no complications or interventions ( another liklihood this time)
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? paint bright bold colors on the walls and decorate with winnie the pooh and bees
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none at the moment, we just had to get rid of all of them. But we did have 3 rabbits, a dog, a snake, and we bred rats. I miss them, but there is a lot less work to do now.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am a sexaholic. My husband is like a sex god or something. He is just amazing! He gets off seeing how many orgasms he get give me. I think his record is around 25, but the averave is only 5 or 6. I just can't get enough of him...that gives me an idea...
Old 05-08-2006, 07:56 PM

Finally had time to do this!

1. What's your due date?
September 3
2. How old are you?
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)
near Washington DC
Pride and Prejudice (all the versions!), Walk the Line, Lone Star
This baby will be our first, and we would like 2.
Oh dear, Pride and Prejudice again. Isabel Allende is an old favorite. Anything by Anne Lamott. Lots more.
"I see the moon" (a family favorite) and whatever soothing songs come to mind! ("Dream a Little Dream of Me"?)
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?
The Little House on the Prairie series, Madeleine L'Engle books, E.B. White books (Stuart Little, Trumpet of the Swan, Charlotte's Web)
9. What do you do for a living?
Social work, but will be a SAHM for a while
Modern indie rock and folk are my favorites.
Mexican food is always great.
"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." (Langston Hughes)
I am pretty in love with myself these days & couldn't pick just one. Pregnancy hormones, hooray!
Ummm. Wash your underarms with soap and rinse before resoaping and shaving. I couldn't believe the difference this made when I finally figured it out in my early 20's. Does everybody else do that already? I always wondered.
Reading (magazines, books, Internet). Breathing fresh air. Talking to friends and family.
Dancing or aerobics or yoga
Feeling comfortable (within reason!), informed, safe and strong. At the birth center. Tears of joy. Cuddling as a new family of three.
Safe, clean, with bright colors and room to eventually play and explore. A soft comfy chair for me.
None. I like cats but they make me sneeze.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?
I hiked Half-Dome at Yosemite.

Mimi :yawning: the happy mama of one DD & one DS ; married to my sweetie.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:54 AM

1. What's your due date? mid-September
2. How old are you? 34
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Maryland
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Lawrence of Arabia, Star Wars
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? We'll be at a happy +1 with this peanut!
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? SciFi, Fantasy, and Travel Non-Fiction
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Little french verses I remember from childhood
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Follow their lead in the stores (no tv characters). Love the Rosemary Wells and Karen Katz
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Right now I'm full-time momma. Used to travel more, want to again.
10. What kind of music do you like? eclectic
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) shellfish
12. What is your favorite quote? Come what may, time and the hour run through the roughest day.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Humor
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? LOL! Get some sleep!
15. What are your hobbies? reading, photography, breastfeeding
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? swimming, yoga
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Happy and healthy, like my first two
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? ??? No nursery, babe in bed with me. So maybe new curtains in my bedroom??
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Cat
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I used to fence (foils)

IBCLC, LLLL, Mom to 3, obsessive baker, where's my coffee
Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 PM

1. What's your due date? Sept. 21
2. How old are you? 38 yrs old
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Washington DC
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Breakfast at Tiffany's
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? 3 children, #4 on the way!
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Women's bodies Women's wisdom
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Old folk songs
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Runnaway Bunny and Goodnight Moon
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? At-Home-Mommy, I don't wish to do anything else but have a Masters in Physiology
10. What kind of music do you like? All kinds
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Italian anything!
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm very non-judgemental
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? eating well, and stay out of the sun!
15. What are your hobbies? cooking, running, scrapbooking
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? running, aerobic class or weights
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? That the birth is safe and without any unforeseen problems (had placental abruption and hemorrage last birth).
19. What kinds of pets do you have? a dog and a cat, and a hamster
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?[/B] I can ride a unicycle
Old 05-11-2006, 02:32 PM

1. What's your due date?
1st week of September

2. How old are you? 24

3. Where do you live?
outside of Toronto, ON, Canada

Hmm . . . this always changes but I went sappy watching Just Like Heaven the other night.

This'll be our first. We hope for one or two more, depending on how things go.

Margaret Atwood, everything she writes I love.

Not sure, these haven't really come back to me yet.

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Old Turtle

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?
Non-profit sustainable transportation programs - one day I'd like to be a municipal level council member.

Lots.

Indian food! I've got cravings for grapes as well as for hummus / babbaganoush and pita.

Not sure.

My willingness and commitment

Moisturizer

Photography, community volunteering

Walking. With pregnancy I crave swimming but I didn't used to like it.

Calm, at home, and healthy. I'm really intrigued by the unassisted birthers that have pleasurable birth. Somthing like that would astound me.

We're going to have baby in bed with us for a while, but we're painting clouds in a rectangle on the ceiling of baby's room with some moulding to look like a window and we're going to design it with a cute teddy bear theme . . . bear prints climbing the wall leading up to bears on a wooden shelf.

None right now but we love boxers and may get one later on.

That despite my appearance I tend to be fairly radical in my feminism and anarchist theoretical political tendencies.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 PM

1. What's your due date? Sept 11th
2. How old are you? 31
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) NYC
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Singin' In the Rain makes me tear up every time.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I have one DS and am not sure what the next one is. I think we are going to stop at two.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Floating in my Mother's Palm by Ursula Hegi and anything by David Sedaris
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Sleep, Sleepyhead- it's a Music Together song
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Goodnight Moon, In the Night Kitchen right now, Anything by Eric Carle, Leo Lionni and Ezra Jack Keats
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am at home but am thinking about becoming a childbirth educator
10. What kind of music do you like? all kinds- mostly rock.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Pizza!
12. What is your favorite quote? Life is what happens when you are busy planning it.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I try to be as non-judgemental as humanly possible.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? eyebrow threading!
15. What are your hobbies? Reading, cooking, walking, exploring new neighborhhods
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking- ideally it would be yoga or dance but I need to be in a class to be motivated and that hasn't happened with this pregnancy yet...
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? At home with my husband midwife and DS there and DS totally cool with everything.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? King Sized bed!!
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Sadly we had to give our two cats away last year due to DS allergies.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I don't think anyone can guess anything accurately about me by just looking at me.

Mama to J and E .
Old 05-14-2006, 09:48 PM

1. What's your due date? 9/4
2. How old are you? 36
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) South Florida
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Two words; Star Wars
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? We have one already, and this second one is the end of it for us!
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?Authors: Clive Barker, Alice Walker, Stephen King, Carl Hiassen. Books: The Stand, The Great and Secret Show, Tourist Season
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?Right now, DD is obsessed with itsy bitsy spider, so I imagine this baby will hear it a lot too.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?DD and I both love Are You My Mother, because I'm good at doing the animal voices. For older kids, my favorite is Black Beauty.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?I'm an attorney, but wish I was a law professor.
10. What kind of music do you like?Metal, baby.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
12. What is your favorite quote? "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men." --Alice Walker
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?My independence and compassion.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?I only use Aveda products on my hair. Color, shampoo, conditioner, styling, everything. That stuff rocks and smells great.
15. What are your hobbies?Sheesh, not much time for hobbies these days. Mostly, though, yoga, movies, & reading.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga, walking
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Water birth at home.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?We already have a nursery that DD has yet to spend a single night in! It is decorated with an ocean theme because I was feeling very aquatic when I was pregnant with her.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? One sassy cat named Scooter.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?I've written 2 novels and dozens of short stories, but law school fried the fiction creating portion of my brain and I haven't written a single page since then.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:15 PM

Fun Idea!!!

1. What's your due date? 9/23

2. How old are you? 31

3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Connecticut

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Anything with Robert Dinero in it

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? 3 DD's and Another Baby Girl Due in Sept!

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Not sure... Haven't had much time to read lately

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? One my mother made up and sang to me... Go to sleep, and goodnight... lah lah lah lah lah lah lah LOL

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Well I really love all of the Grimms Fairy Tales for my middle DD

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I run a childcare 3 days per week and Natural Parenting Network online.

10. What kind of music do you like? ALL kinds of music.

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) I love nachos & salsa.. could eat it all day.

12. What is your favorite quote? A reporter once asked Mother Teresa what to do to attain World Peace. She replied " Go Home and Love Your Family".

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I take motherhood very seriously and I'm very driven and motivated.

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? A good night's sleep

15. What are your hobbies? My computer! Crochet, Painting, Scrapbooking, Working on my businesses, planning daycare routines & activities, gardening, Knitting...

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking - although I dont do enough of this lately... need to get moving!

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Unmedicated, natural delivery, easy/quick and safe.

I'd be happy with an extra bedroom or two to fit all my kiddos in

19. What kinds of pets do you have? An English Setter

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am very AP and interested in Natural Living and Parenting. OH... and I cloth diaper - I bet this would surprise many people who know me.

Little Acorn Learning - Celebrating the Seasons with Children - Monthly Guides for Homeschool and Childcare - Visit Our Website and Our Blog

User Tag List