20 questions to get to know you better... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 03-18-2006, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like TurboClaudia's idea of getting things going in this group. I saw a post in the August DDC with 20 questions, and thought it would be a great way to get to know each other!

Here we go:

1. What's your due date?
2. How old are you?
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)?
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have?
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?
10. What kind of music do you like?
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)
12. What is your favorite quote?
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?
15. What are your hobbies?
16. What is your favorite form of exercise?
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?
19. What kinds of pets do you have?
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#2 of 40 Old 03-18-2006, 11:17 PM

Oh yeay! Thanks for putting this together, Sarah. I will go first.

1. What's your due date? September 26
2. How old are you? 21
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Northern Ontario, Canada
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? The Lion King
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I have a two-year old, plan to have 4 children
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, The Birth House by Ami McKay
7. What are your favorite lullabies/what will you sing to your baby? We like to sing Indian prayer songs to our babies
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Welcome with Love
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am a student midwife and I wish I was a midwife!
10. What kind of music do you like? I like Indian music, and some independent female artists like Cat Power and Feist
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Pineapples and blueberries, and Ambrosia apples (but only Ambrosias)
12. What is your favorite quote? "A continuous flow of love flows from me towards all beings in the Cosmos. That is Mother's inborn nature."
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I like being young and vibrant
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Dr. Bronner's hemp almond soap
15. What are your hobbies? I like to knit, and read and play with my beautiful daughter
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Chasing Ayla around the park
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Peaceful, reasonably short at-home water birth with me or dh catching the baby and Ayla present
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I would buy one size larger than a king-size bed for my bedroom! I'll take all the room I can get... oh and an endless supply of clean cloth diapers!
19. What kinds of pets do you have? None as of yet
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I think I'm pretty good at expressing myself for the most part

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#3 of 40 Old 03-18-2006, 11:19 PM

1. What's your due date? Dunno. I don't know when I conceived.
2. How old are you? I don't share my age online.
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing): Northern B.C., Canada. Total hicktown!
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)?: Joy Luck Club, A Simple Twist of Fate, Princess Bride, The Quiet Room
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have?: I have two, I'd like to have four.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?: I don't read a lot of fiction anymore! I always loved Douglas Adams, Rumi, Walt Whitman.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?: "Everything Possible". The chorus goes like this:

You can be anybody that you want to be
You can love whomever you will
You can travel any country where your heart leads, and know
I will love you still.
You can live by yourself
You can gather friends around
You can choose one special one
And the only measure of your words and your deeds
Will be the love you leave behind when you're gone.

Full lyrics here.
My father sang this to my daughter the first time he met her.

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?: Zoom Away, Jack in the Green, Long Long Ago
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?: I do web design on the side, and I really enjoy it.
10. What kind of music do you like?: All kinds. Mostly oddities and foreign stuff.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant): Right now all I can think about is my husband's organic crepes with his berry sauce that he has been making me all the time. I LOOVVVEEE IIITTT SSSOOO MUUCCCCHHH. He's a chef so they're awesome. I even took pictures. Picture 1, Picture 2
12. What is your favorite quote?: I wish my shirt had a logo or a product on it. A good shirt turns the wearer into a walking billboard. It says to the world, "My life is so wrapped up in what I buy that I pay the company to advertise it's products." - Calvin and Hobbes.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?: My stubbornness. Best and worst feature.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?: OCM and no-pooing!!!
15. What are your hobbies?: Web and graphic design, knitting, crochet.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise?: Pilates, walking.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?: Unassisted in my bath tub.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?: I would never have a nursery, I think they're incredibly silly and a waste of money.
19. What kinds of pets do you have?: Three cats (Ziyal, Chloe and Pumpkin. RIP Moe), one cockatiel (Erana).
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?: I have pituitary dwarfism and even though I look like I'm 14 I'm NOT!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#4 of 40 Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Since I posted it, I guess I'll start off (OOPS I guess stopping to eat dinner made me a little late LOL)
1. What's your due date?
September 11, 2006
2. How old are you?
27 (28 in November)
Carson City, Nevada
Garden State I love that Zach Braff wrote, directed, and starred in his own move. Plus I just thought it was really really good. I'm also partial to Grease
We have 1 dd and 1 on the way. I'm not sure if we'll want more or not. If I have the homebirth I'm dreaming of I'm almost positive I'll want another LOL.
Anne Lamott is my favorite author of all time, my favorite book is Blue Shoe (by Anne Lamott )
Every night I sing Twinkle Twinkle to dd and then rub her back and say noni (I really don't know how to spell it) which I thought meant sleep in Italian because that's what my great grandma always used to say to me. But, when I checked the translator I can't find it or what it means. Oh well, I still love saying it! DH is good at making up cute songs and has a great one he sings to DD. I'm sure he'll make one up for our little bean too.
I don't really have a favorite. I do know that I had Good Night Moon memorized (still do) when DD was a baby. Right now I really like the book Alice the Fairy by David Shannon (of the NO David! books). It fits our DD to a T.
I'm a SAHM now, but I am planning on becoming a midwife after the kids are a bit older.
I like pretty much all types of music. Right now I can't stop listening to the three Jack Johnson cds I have in the changer in my truck. I can't wait to go to his show this summer. It will be baby beans first show!
My pregnant favorite food would have to be anything I didn't cook myself LOL. My anytime pregnant or not favorite food is the red curry from my favorite Thai place.
I don't have one now, but it high school my favorite quote was Reality is for people with no imagination. I have no idea who said it, but I always felt really cool when I did LOL.
My laid backness (I know it's not a word) and open mindedness. It few and far between that I find someone in my area that feels the same way I do.
Um...no beauty secrets here. I hardly was my hair everyday LOL.
Knitting, reading, gardening, LLL, loafing around at the beach, the internet
Walking, swimming, ballet
As long as this baby is born out of the hospital and without a c-section I will be exstatic
I haven't thought about a nursery at all. We only have two bedrooms in our house and the baby will be with me. For a little girl I would love to have hand painted (by DH) faeries on the walls, for a little boy I have no idea LOL.
We have one dog, a shih-tzu, named Mr. Lilac. He was named Lilac by my daughter after the dog in Harold and the Purple Crayon. We didn't know we wouldn't be able to get a girl from the litter. When we found out he was a boy we just changed it to Mr. Lilac, but we just call him Lilac. We also have one cat named Ethel. We also had Ricky and Lucy, but both have passes away before we could get Fred. Yes I love I Love Lucy LOL.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?
I guess it would be that I occasionally enjoy a little of the green herb.

#5 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 AM

1. What's your due date?
9/10
2. How old are you?
NY
Stand By Me, Matrix
First is on the way! We'll probably stop at 2
Toniu Morrison, Alice Walker, Eudora Welty
You are my sunshine
Goodnight Moon
Designer for a daily newspaper
REM. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, I'm stuck in the 90's
Italian an Mexican
To thine own self be true
I surpise myself with my common sense
Neutragena Lip Therapy. Wonderful.
Scrapbooking
What's that?
DH (and ur insurance) is not down with a birth center birth, so I'm hoping to have a natural birth in a local, well-respected andhighly recommended from family and friends hospital. They encourage BFing and rooming in, which is nice.
Have a huse to put it in! We're househunting!
Three cats.
Hmmm, tough one. Right now, it's that I'm PG! I lost 8 pounds in the beginning and haven't put any on yet, at 15 weeks.
#6 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 10:36 AM

1. What's your due date? The end of Sept.
2. How old are you? late 20s
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Mid-Atlantic Region
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Heathers, Clerks, Mallrats, Breakfast Club
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I take'em as I have em. I have one presently don't know what the future holds.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Bell Hooks, Adult Shel Silverstein Books, and anything written by Christopher Moore
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I made up songs the first time around.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Anything that peaks curiosity in little people.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I was in speech therapy
10. What kind of music do you like? A little everything
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Spinach served the way mom made it.
12. What is your favorite quote? Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm very patient, some might say too patient.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Toothpaste really does work on zits.
15. What are your hobbies? Knitting, camping, letterboxing.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Swimming
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Having everyone I want to be here this time.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We don't have nurseries, but I would love to have an extra bed in the spare bedroom for the nights we both can't sleep and want to cuddle.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? A cat.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I would answer but I think it would freak a few people out.
#7 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 05:30 PM

1. What's your due date? Sept 17/18
2. How old are you? 26
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) greater Jacksonville, NC area
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? My Fair Lady
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Baby is #2, I want at least 4
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Emily of New Moon, by Lucy Maud Montgomery
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? "Baby Gaydeski" to the tune of "Baby Beluga"
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Oh so many! Right now our faves are Olivia, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Madeline
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Manage our family. I love what I do!
10. What kind of music do you like? Everything except rap & country.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) guacamole
12. What is your favorite quote? "I can read." -Penny Simkin, in response to an anesthesiologist so asked what her credentials were when she wrote a pamphlet discussing the tradeoffs of epidurals
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? living deliberately
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? sleep
15. What are your hobbies? reading
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? running
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? at home in respectful company
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? get a bigger bed
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I eat more food than my husband, a 6'1" Marine.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#8 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 05:46 PM

1. What's your due date?
Sept. 24, but my dd was 9 days "late" so Im hoping I dont have to jump into the Oct. ddc.
2. How old are you?
In snowy Canada! But much too far from the mountains at the moment for my comfort level.
SouthPark Movie, Team America, Jay and Silent Bob strike back, Mists of Avalon and Merlin (made for tv)
I have 1 and want 5 or so
Amazon, Stargirl, The Red Tent, 1984, Island of the blue dolphins, The New Astrology, The hobbit and the LOTR series.
Well..... we sing the Itsy Bitsy spider a lot around here
Dr. Seuss
I am a SAHM now, but when my kids are a bit older Im going to start tattooing again.
A LOT of Black Metal plus NIN, SOAD, Type O Negative and Pearl Jam. I love Alice in Clains Unlpugged and Nirvana Unplugged too
I love mangos, nectarines, watermellon, papaya, kiwi and rich homemade chicken or turkey soup. Oh and of course, chocolate.
...cant think of any right now
I have incredible inner strength.
I think most makeup looks really really silly and most skin "products" are disgusting and dangerous. Look up the ingredients and gasp in horror. Then use some healthy prouducts and stop abuing your skin!
Reading, researcing, learning, tattooing/tattoos, knitting, leather working, sewing, cooking/baking/lacto-fermemtation/FOOD!, gardening, dreaming about living in the mountains again
I love hiking
Unassisted, easy and relatively painless. For this uc, I want to catch the baby myself. Suprise twins would be very, very cool.
We co-sleep in our family bed. No nursery here, but I would LOVE a king sized futon.
2 senior Gerbils that just wont pass into the next world, a blue and purple Beta and a house rabbit. We would love more pets but have had serious troubles with past pets and being renters.
I am NOT a morning person, in fact Im downright psychotic before noon.
#9 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 07:31 PM
ish

1. What's your due date?
September 23, 2006

2. How old are you?
I'll be 27 on April 18th.

I live in Northern California.

I love musicals! I love period dramas too... I have to many favorites to choose just a few.

In September we will have 2 children, but ideally we would like to have between 3-5.

Currently I'm so immersed in baby name books and childrens books, that I can't even begin to fathom reading anything else.

We have quite a few lullabies that have been passed down through the generations, most are in German and Latin.

The Giving Tree, Where the Wild Things Are, and Guess How Much I Love You.

I'm a knitting WAHM, but I always wanted to be an oceanographer or a wildlife photographer. I think I would also like to travel around the world helping those in need.

We mostly listen to Indie, but I love music and listen to everything from Classic Rock to Opera.

Not pregnant... Sushi. Pregnant... nothing really sounds good.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

My drive.

Don't ruin your skin with make-up.

Photography, knitting, writing, singing, drawing, designing, home improvements, and spending time with my family.

Chasing my toddler.

Quick normal vaginal birth. A happy and healthy baby with 10 fingers, 10 toes, all vital parts and organs and a great latch. Doesn't take much more than that to make me happy.

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I'm really drawn toward the girly nurseries right now - Sturdy furniture with an antique white finish, birds, flowers, butterflies, pinks and greens. I just want a really pretty room.

We have one dog and one cat.

I served in the U.S Marine Corps.
#10 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 07:50 PM

1. What's your due date?
    i like to be vague and say late september. it helps remind me that babies come when they are ready.
  2. How old are you?
    just outside of portland, oregon
    The Princess Bride, Lady & the Tramp (the animated Disney movie), Star Trek movies (mostly the newer ones, especially the one where Cmdr Data sings the "Life Forms" song )
    we have one son, born June 2004 so almost 2. as for how many we want to have, definitely more than one, but beyond that we are undecided. i'm not a big fan of minivans yet, but i like big SUVs even less...
    hmmm... Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston is a favorite that I haven't read in a long time. I just finished Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton and really, really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of birth and pregnancy related books, and some of those favorites include Birthing From Within by Pam England, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin, and Rediscovering Birth by Shelia Kitzinger. I am also currently reading Ourselves as Mothers by Sheila Kitzinger and finding it fascinating.
    Favorite lullaby: a song from the movie Hook that the little girl sings... "When You're All Alone"
    Songs we sing to our son: Old McDonald (but we sing it with his name instead: Old McM**** ), ABCs, Everlong by the FooFighters, Parachute by Guster
    anything by Sandra Boynton, Sheep in a Jeep, anything by Eric Carle, Goodnight Moon
    I am trained as a birth and a postpartum doula and completed training to become a childbirth educator but have not started teaching yet. I will be going on a more long-term leave from doula work this summer, but ultimately I hope to return to doula work and train to be a midwife working with homebirthing families.
    all kinds, but my favorite artists are Guster, John Mayer, Paula Cole, FooFighters, Harry Connick, Jr. my favorite classical composers are Copland and Gershwin, who are probably not really considered classical but more American.
    favorite food when not pregnant: chocolate raspberry gateaux (it's a dessert)
    favorite food when pregnant: umm... i don't really have my appetite back yet, so i can't answer this because nothing tastes particularly good yet.
    one is from the Stephen Sondheim musical Into the Woods: "The difference between a cow and a bean is a bean can begin an adventure!"
    the other is more serious by Gandhi: "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    I enjoy feeling the whole range of emotions of life.
    umm... i only wash my hair every 3-5 days???!!!??? (does that count? or is that just lazy? )
    spending way too much time on MDC, geocaching with my partner and our son, hiking, camping occasionally, eating gourmet food, winetasting (when i'm NOT pregnant... ), knitting
    walking or hiking
    born in the early morning after starting labor the evening before, on our bed or in water, just my partner and i in the room, i catch the baby myself
    save money and design a dream kids room in a few years instead.
    we have two cats: a black and white tuxedo cat-who-thinks-he's-a-dog named Turbo and an all black cat named Jorja
    i'm a geek.
#11 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 08:21 PM

1. What's your due date?
My midwife says Aug 26, but I think because of my long cycles it's more likely to be Sep 1/2.

2. How old are you?

Oregon, in a rural area outside a small suburb between Portland & Salem.

Many, but Princess Bride is high on my list.

This baby will be #2 and probably my last. Leaving the door open to the possibility of 3, but 2 is likely to be enough for dh & I.

Tamora Pierce - she writes fantasy novels for teens with fabulous strong female characters.

I am not a talented singer, so I like any simple song with an easy melody. Right now ds is in love with Baa Baa Black Sheep - not exactly a lullaby but we sing it every night before falling asleep.

Again, so many! Right now one of our faves is "I Love You Stinky Face". Silly title, but it is a sweet mama-little boy love story.

Youth services librarian. This job is so perfect for me I never want to do anything else! My favorite patrons are the older elementary-age kids.

I don't spend a lot of time listening to music, so my tastes are pretty sadly mainstream, tending towards folk. I'm an absolute NPR junkie anytime I can get a chance to listen.

Desserts! I have an insatiable sweet tooth.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

I am a physically strong woman & enjoy athletics & outdoor activities.

After struggling with problem skin my whole life, I gave up makeup except for gentle soap & gentle moisturizer a few years ago and was amazed at how my skin problems disappeared. Now I save makeup for special occasions.

Reading, volleyball, spending time outdoors, knitting. Serving on the board of my neighborhood association. Designing and planning our dream passive solar home with dh.

Volleyball, coed indoor sixes & grass doubles. This was how I spent nearly all my leisure time pre-mamahood, how I met dh, and I chose my user name to remind myself that the time for this will come again! Not so much while pregnant/nursing a young child, though.

Natural vaginal birth with a healthy baby!

No nursery, baby will cosleep with us probably at least a year...but what I would love is a bigger bathroom with enough room for a changing table & to store cloth diapers.

Two 70lb+ dogs - a Lab/Rott mix and a Chow/Aussie mix - and a big long-haired lovable kitty. Five chickens & two roosters, although they are not really pets.

This is a tough one. Well, most people are astounded when I tell them I work as a librarian, because I don't have gray hair in a bun, dowdy clothes and glasses! Yes, the stereotype lives on...SHH!

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#12 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 09:14 PM

1. What's your due date? 9/13
2. How old are you?30
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)San Antonio
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)?too many to chose from, I love costume dramas and comedies
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have?we have 2 and this one on the way. I'd take 6+ but DH doesn't want that many so we are stopping at 3
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?Is it OK to admit that I like trashy romance novels?
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?pretty basic ones, I'm not really a singer
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?Where the Wild things are, Velveteen Rabit (most classics basically)
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?before kids I was a project manager for a couple different software companies I was planning going back to school to be a midwife but then got pg with #1, it's gonna have to wait until after #3 now though because of my DH's schedule
10. What kind of music do you like?Anything they play on the World Music hour on NPR
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)Thai, and Thai!
12. What is your favorite quote? I keep a rotating list, depends on my mood.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?I can laugh at anything
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?dunno?
15. What are your hobbies?sewing, reading, cooking, eating, collecting craft supplies and never using them
16. What is your favorite form of exercise?I was doing the FIRM videos and really liked them I also like walking.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?short labor, waterbirth at home
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?put a lazy boy recliner in as a nursing chair
19. What kinds of pets do you have?Saltwater fish, a beagle
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?I'm really sarcastic
#13 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvons
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?I'm really sarcastic
People wouldn't guess that I'm really sarcastic either, in fact when I am being sarcastic (most of the time IRL) people don't even know it LOL.

#14 of 40 Old 03-19-2006, 10:30 PM

1. What's your due date? 8-29-06
2. How old are you? 26
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Just south of Denver, CO
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? This week The Constant Gardener, Consantine, and 50 First Dates
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Have 1, want 2, no more than 3
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? All the classics (I was an English lit major), but I recently read The Devil in the White City and enjoyed it immensely
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? If I try to sing, dd tells me to stop
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Anything with babies in it
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Right now I'm a SAHM, in a previous life I was a writer and web usability consultant, in the future I want to be a writer, birth activist and naturopathic physician
10. What kind of music do you like? Anything except country. My collection has everything from the Pixies to Eminem, Tori Amos to Nsync.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Mexican
12. What is your favorite quote? My fave this week I saw here... Life is a sexually transmitted fatal disease
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Self-reliance
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Vinegar
15. What are your hobbies? MDC
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Running
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Just like my dd's birth but shorter with no tearing
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Pay someone else to do it!
19. What kinds of pets do you have? One chow/border collie named Niko
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I don't really want to share this, but I can't think of anything else... I was a hard-core drug user through most of my teens. I'm fully-recovered now.
#15 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 10:07 AM

I just found my way here this morning-so this is kind of a HI and answers

1. What's your due date? mid Sept. not exactly 100% on that yet
2. How old are you? 37
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Missouri
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Independence Day
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? this is 3, 3 is all
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? J.R.R. Tolkien
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Rockabye Baby
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Dr. Seuss
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? WAHM
10. What kind of music do you like? all kinds-especially rock
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)pregnant: anything HOT HOT HOT, not pregnant-tiramisu
12. What is your favorite quote?not sure-too many I like
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? hmmm-good moral character
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? wish I had one
15. What are your hobbies? knitting, reading, sewing
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? hehe-walking
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?successful VBAC natural of course
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? nothing-no need for a nursery when you cosleep
19. What kinds of pets do you have?cats/dog
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am highly overeducated
#16 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 AM

1. What's your due date? Around 9/14
2. How old are you? 22
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Southern Maine
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Amelie, The Red Violin
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? this is #1, but we want one, maybe two more
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Both books by the Canadian author Ann Marie MacDonald. They are amazing!!!
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Red Robin
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I think it's called Cordoroy (I have no clue if I spelled that correctly!) It was one of my favorites when I was little.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am a student/teach music and am a jazz musician. I wish I were an acupuncturist.
10. What kind of music do you like? Jazz-Lee Morgan, Kenny Dorham, Chet Baker, but also Jack Johnson, John Mayer, India Arie
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Pregnant: veggie italians and Amy's veggie pot pie. Not pregnant: pizza!
12. What is your favorite quote? I can't remember...
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm motivated and determined. I don't take "no" for an answer!
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Ha...I wish I had one...
15. What are your hobbies? music!!, knitting, making cloth diapers, hiking, gardening
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? hiking and running
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Fast, unmedicated at the birthing center. I want to be full of strength to get through it!
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We aren't having a nursery.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? A big, goofy german shepard named Macaulay
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I'm married to a man 30 years my senior

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#17 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 01:24 PM

1. What's your due date? 9/19
2. How old are you? 29
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)Vancouver, WA Just north of Portland, OR
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? LOTR Trilogy, Garden State, too many to list
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Have a 2 year old, one on the way, then I think we're done
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? DragonLance Series
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Not really sure...I usually just sing whatever comes to mind at the time
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I like Suess and various other kids books
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? SAHM right now
10. What kind of music do you like? most anything...I can't stop listening to KT Tunstall right now
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) pregnant=pickles dipped in peanut butter; not pregnant=anything really
12. What is your favorite quote? "Only the best people fight against all obstacles in persuit of happiness"
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm a very understanding person
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Mary Kay Time Wise Cleanser and moisturizer
15. What are your hobbies? I like to crochet and read
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Chasing my 2 year old around
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Ideal would be having some kind of insurance to help pay for it, or a midwife in my area that would agree to homebirth, but can't get either. I'll settle for healthy hospital birth
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? if it is a girl we'd do fairies and angels on the walls, and a boy we'd probably do a zoo/forest type theme
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none yet, but really want a dog
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I've wanted a tattoo for about 3 years now, and just don't have the guts to go get it
#18 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 PM

1. What's your due date? 9/17/06, we know the conception date

2. How old are you? 27

3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Moreno Valley, CA

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I am boring, I guess I don't really have one

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? have 1 soon to be 2, & want 2 or 3 not sure

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Wow I am boring, I'd have to say The Baby Book by Dr Sears is my fav

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? DS like twinkle twinkle little star, so I will probably sing that most

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Right now I like Welcome with Love, & Love you Forever has always been a fav

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am a mom & I have a small (Very small) online business selling slings & other AP/NFL type baby things

10. What kind of music do you like? I like almost everything, I have a pretty eclectic musical taste

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) non-preg SUSHI!!!, preg what ever sounds good at the time, because that usually isn't much,

12. What is your favorite quote? There are several, but "And it Harm none, Do as ye will", stands out most right now

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Over the last few years I ahve become much more positive, laid back, confident person

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? I have none

15. What are your hobbies? reading, internet & haning out with like minded friends. I tried learning to knit, but that isn't going to so well

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking, I try to go to Curves 2x a weeks still

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? A happy, healthy mom & baby that never had to leave the house

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? A huge bedroom with a giant mattress on the floor with lots of storage for everyone clothes. Lots of clean cloth diapers & a nearby large compasity front loading washer & dryer

19. What kinds of pets do you have? We have 2 dogs, Bailey 11 yr old boxxer who I am afraid we will ahve to put to sleep very soon due to back issues & Piggy 6 yr old boxer/German Sheppard mix who is completely nuerotic

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am not a Christian like my family assumes I am

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#19 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl
[/COLOR]20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am not a Christian like my family assumes I am

That's me too!

Deb
#20 of 40 Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM

1. What's your due date? Either the last week of September or possibly the first couple days of October. . .So i'm hanging out on both boards.

2. How old are you? 30

3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) PA

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? The Patriot

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? 3

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Authors: Beverly Lewis (I love her Amish books), John Grisham

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Huge variety including old-fashioned lullabies that my parents sang to me, and praise choruses, and little children's nursery rhyme songs

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I love the older Little Golden Books (we have some that I remember from when I was a child).

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I work online. I run 2 websites, and have an ebay store.

10. What kind of music do you like? Christian contemporary (FFH, Mercy Me, Avalon, Casting Crowns)

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Pregnant: NONE right now! LOL! Non-Pregnant: anything sweet (pound cake, white cake with peanut butter frosting, banana bread)

12. What is your favorite quote? I like a lot of Bible verses, if that counts!

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? That I like lots of variety in life!

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? None really. . .I guess working out at the gym to stay in shape.

15. What are your hobbies? Ebay, internet surfing, entering sweepstakes online and by mail, reading, writing, playing with my son, spending time with DH

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Favorite??? LOL I don't really LOVE any excercise, but my favorite equipment at the gym is the eliptical machine.

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? A birth that produces a safe, healthy baby

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We decorated a room for my son and he has never slept in it yet! LOL! So, this one will be co-sleeping too!

19. What kinds of pets do you have? None, I'm allergic.

that i'm 30, people always guess me at early 20's. . .sometimes it's nice, but other times it's annoying when people are condescending (and they're probably my same age).
#21 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 AM

okay, I am going to stop lurking and join in here!

1. What's your due date?
September 16

2. How old are you?

Aberdeen, Scotland (but i grew up in Ohio)

hmm, hard to choose. I really love Andrei Rublev, a russian film directed by Tarkovsky.

Our son will be 3 in June; I think we will stop at 2.

seems like i don't read any more! I've always enjoyed Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

"You are my sunshine"; part of the Coventry carol ("lully lullay, my little tiny child, by by lully lullay")

The B Book was my favorite as a child, and we still read it. also the Very Hungry Caterpillar.

my biggest dilemma! i was a part-time free-lance copy editor until recently. I had decided to try to find full-time work as an architect (got my degree before i had my son 3 yrs ago) but then found out I was pregnant with #2. i didn't get asked to any interviews anyhow. i wish I could find a way to stay at home _and_ also pay off my ed loans!

bluegrass; Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss; I also love Bach and baroque music.

Pregnant: sushi! Non-Pregnant: anything Italian.

umm.. i guess i don't have one!

(what does it mean that i left this question until last?)
my intuition.

i could use some!

playing the piano, quilting, cooking

walking

like my son's, which was drug-free in the midwive's unit of the hospital, but shorter.

we live in a house that's an "ongoing renovation project"! LOL. our room would have new windows and freshly plastered walls and a king-sized bed.

None.

I went to Burning Man.

Mommy to two wonderful boys
#22 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xina

I went to Burning Man.
Ohh I'm jealous! I was actually making plans to go to that this year, but now I will be waayyy to pregnant to be out in the middle of nowhere for a couple of days LOL. Maybe in a few years. Did you enjoy it?

#23 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 06:24 PM

I'm jealous, too! I want to go to Burning Man.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#24 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant): Right now all I can think about is my husband's organic crepes with his berry sauce that he has been making me all the time. I LOOVVVEEE IIITTT SSSOOO MUUCCCCHHH. He's a chef so they're awesome. I even took pictures. Picture 1, Picture 2
omigosh, i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED those crepes.

can i fly your honey out here? or at least get the recipe?

pretty please?

~claudia
#25 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Everyone says that!

I can give you the recipe if you want. It's kind of complicated though.

#26 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmama2
Ohh I'm jealous! I was actually making plans to go to that this year, but now I will be waayyy to pregnant to be out in the middle of nowhere for a couple of days LOL. Maybe in a few years. Did you enjoy it?
yes, I did enjoy it! though some nights it was _ very_ cold and too noisy to sleep (why would I want to do that??) maybe someday i'll manage to go again....

actually, a friend who originally convinced me to go still goes, and last year she took her 1 year old along. they camped in the family section, and had a wonderful time. she sent me a photograph of this amazing, huge, pirate ship they had for the kids to play in!

Mommy to two wonderful boys
#27 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 PM

1. What's your due date?
September 4, but babe will be here in Aug due to blood incompatibility

2. How old are you?

Outside of DC

Queen Margot

As many as I`m meant to. I have had 3 boys, one is in heaven, and # 4 is on the way.

Too hard, I like Elmore Leonard, Barbara Kingsolver, Tom Robbins, anything, I'm addicted to reading.

Whatever pops in my head.

Grandfather Twilight, Lyle the Crocodile, Where the Wild Things Are

I`m at home with the kidz, I`d love to write or be an awesome surgeon.

right now, dance music, trance.

Pregnant: sushi and all types of Asian food! Non-Pregnant: the same, just spicier.

"With God all things are possible"
"If God meant for women to be modest he wouldn`t have saddled us with childbirth!" Angelina Jolie

my resilience

always wear a little blush in the middle of cheeks, makes me look much better!

cooking, reading, being outside

walking

I wouldn`t mind a vbac esp. with no tears.

we live in a house that's an "ongoing renovation project"! LOL. our room
Just make our room more beautiful with paint & plants, since that`s our "nursery"

None, I have a toddler, thats enough!

That I think the most beautiful place I`ve ever been to is Saudi Arabia.
(all I could think of that wasn`t scandalous)

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#28 of 40 Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia
omigosh, i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED those crepes.

can i fly your honey out here? or at least get the recipe?

pretty please?

~claudia
If you make those Claudia, you have to bring some to my house too!!!

YUMMMMMMY!!!!!
#29 of 40 Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM

1. What's your due date? 09/12/06
2. How old are you? 32
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Chicago, IL
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? The Goodbye Girl (70's version), She's Having a Baby & Parenthood
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? have 1 (and a 1/2), want 3
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? A Prayer for Owen Meany is one of my favorite books. I also love Pat Conroy.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? You are my Sunshine, Rainbow Connection, All the Pretty Little Horses
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? The First Forest by Tom Giles, the "Olivia" books by Ian Falconer, There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly by Simms Taback
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a corporate trainer 3 days a week-I love my job
10. What kind of music do you like? Jam bands, rock, folk
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) ice cream and shellfish (not together though!)
12. What is your favorite quote? "Remember, if everything were like home, there'd be no reason for leaving home" Clark W. Griswold in National Lampoon's Vacation
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? self confidence, independence and strong will
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Moisturize!
15. What are your hobbies? spending time w/ family, reading, MDC, cooking, traveling
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? walking and swimming
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Would love to go med free but couldn't do it last time so don't want to over expect this time. Actually my previous experience turned out to be perfect, so I'd love to have that again. Despite the epi, doc had me reach down and pull DD out as she was born. Amazing!
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Good question-baby will sleep with us, so haven't thought about it.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? 2 cats
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I love the Dave Matthews Band-I am 32 yo and have attended over 30 shows and will continue do so...
#30 of 40 Old 03-23-2006, 09:26 PM

1. What's your due date? 09/28/06
2. How old are you? late 20s
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Pacific NW
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Indiana Jones, Saved, Better Off Dead
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? have 1 and will probably stop at 2
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I have no idea!
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Olivia, Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin!, Harold and the Purple Crayon
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a mama. Trying to decide what to do after the kiddos (formerly an engineer)
10. What kind of music do you like? anything except country & heavy metal
11. What is your favorite food? pregnant-smoothies
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? creativity, avid researcher
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? drink lots of water
15. What are your hobbies? reading, cooking, travelling, house & garden projects, woodworking
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? elliptical & yoga
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Birth center with my dh and dd nearby
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Well, baby will cosleep, so I haven't really thought about it.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? 2 cats
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I homebrew beer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page