Numbness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-17-2006, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The last few nights i have been waking up with my left thigh or whole leg numb. Only when sleeping on my left side, I sometimes end up sleeping on my side but partially on my stomach at the same time, Is that ok at 17 weeks?

Any one else feeling numb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-17-2006, 10:27 PM

no leg numbness, but occasional arm numbness when i fall asleep on it wrong, but happens whether i'm pregnant or not.

sounds like you might be misaligned... are you open to chiropractic? i'm a huge proponent of chiropractic, especially during pregnancy. just be sure to find someone trained in working with pregnant women. you can look here to find someone: www.icpa4kids.com (either call them up and ask what training they received in working with pregnant women or look for someone trained in webster technique, which is specifically used during pregnancy)

~claudia
#3 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM

i was knitting the other day and noticed both my arms were going numb. i seem to recall reading something about the swelling of "something" in preganacy which can cause numbness in different body parts... i also figure when i get numbness or even stiffness that i've not been doing enough yoga practice to accomodate the increasing 'puffing' of my insides. when i practice i feel like i am streching the outsides to make more room for the insides to grow. after practice i always feel MORE SPACE inside and a feeling of lightness. (then again i'm only 17 weeks... ask me when i'm 27 and we'll see how light i feel).

PS i'm also an advocate for chiropractic... but my chiro is away for my 8th month (which is often when things really get misaligned- my girlfriend had to crawl to the bathroom b/c her sciatic was so inflamed) i will ask my doc about this 'webster' technique. thanks for that tip.

PPS i too have been sleeping "sort of" on my stomach at times... i put a small pillow under one hip bone to keep a bit of space there. it feels comfortable
#4 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM

My numbness has been in my hands & wrists, but I wanted to say that I went to the chiropractor yesterday & feel tons better. So I guess I am another vote for the chiro. Just make sure you find one that has experience with preg woman.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#5 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all of you!
I think i should look into going to the chiro (i havent been in 3 years because of the cost.)
I also have sciatica so I know i would feel so much better.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page